***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Didn't take long for Hyde to change his story already after being incriminated. Now "my buddy's and I" "playing with som dweeb" turns into one single "other person" who is just "some intel guy" and "democratic plant" who was "just ****ing with me."

At least put some effort into the lie. Wonder which version he gave to the FBI when they were at his house and office yesterday.
And let's be honest, this man would have trouble climbing a long set of stairs, let alone volcanoes.

:lol: No limits to their stupidity. I guess it makes sense though. Just blame the dems, insult Schiff, Hillary, or Pelosi and talk about the military and how much you love them and that's all the MAGA folks need to hear :smh:

i dont think its farfetched that black trump supporters exist considering black conservatives exist. and i bet theres a great deal of overlap between the two groups. I do wonder how they feel about the GOP and black voter suppression and the resistance of RNC/GOP in supporting black conservative local politicians.

Last edited:
It's not really difficult to see the issue here, and you're an attorney so you understand the power of words. Its misleading to say that "a lot" of group x feels/does something, when the data around it says the exact opposite.

Comparing what I think is a large amount of money to you saying that "a lot" of black people feel a certain way aren't comparable at all. Like you said, I feel that way. It's a personal sentiment. I'm above the Top 5% of U.S. salaries. For what I do, I think that its insane. For where that stand across the world population, then I'd say its even more sane. Sure, its not insane if you're in the 2 or 3 percent of people who make more money, but again, that flies in the face of anecdotal logic that you're using.

You are out here making conclusory statement about a group of people, which isn't true. Just because you've met some people that hold those views doesn't make it any more true. Like a said, there are 41 million black people in the U.S. and you're making statements about how "a lot" of them feel that don't align with anything that is out there. I don't have to pin you down on a certain percentage or number for this to be wrong.

I don't think anyone has ever denied there are black Trump supporters. I know a couple in real life.

I think what is far-fetched is the insinuation that Trump will somehow out perform a generic Republican with black voters.

Nothing points to him exciting new black conservatives to come to the polls to swing the numbers, nothing points to him flipping enough black voters that vote Dem. He polls terribly with black voters.

I mean he will make his pitch about how great he has been for black people, cite the same **** Fox News peddles, and pray he can hit Bush Jr. numbers. But Bush Jr. Numbers are still around 12-15 percent.

But he knows he is not in a good place with most of them. That's why the GOP actively tries to suppress black voters. Because if black voters had great universal access to the polls, they would destroy Trump's path to reelection, lock the GOP out of the house, and hand the Senate to the Dems.

So it is kinda wild to me that anyone would make that argument about Trump's chances with black voters. Like there is this silent majority, or sizable minority, ready to insure a Trump reelection, yet the GOP makes it harder for them to vote. Like what level of idiot do right wingers think people are to believe that mess.

I don't think anyone has ever denied there are black Trump supporters. I know a couple in real life.

I think what is far-fetched is the insinuation that Trump will somehow out perform a generic Republican with black voters.

Nothing points to him exciting new black conservatives to come to the polls to swing the numbers, nothing points to him flipping enough black voters that vote Dem. He polls terribly with black voters.

I mean he will make his pitch about how great he has been for black people, cite the same **** Fox News peddles, and pray he can hit Bush Jr. numbers. But Bush Jr. Numbers are still around 12-15 percent.

But he knows he is not in a good place with most of them. That's why the GOP actively tries to suppress black voters. Because if black voters had great universal access to the polls, they would destroy Trump's path to reelection, lock the GOP out of the house, and hand the Senate to the Dems.

So it is kinda wild to me that anyone would make that argument about Trump's chances with black voters. Like there is this silent majority, or sizable minority, ready to insure a Trump reelection, yet the GOP makes it harder for them to vote. Like what level of idiot do right wingers think people are to believe that mess.

not to mention TONS of the "woke" black conservatives out there dont mess with Trump/GOP/RNC.

a black conservative to other conservatives:

It's not really difficult to see the issue here, and you're an attorney so you understand the power of words. Its misleading to say that "a lot" of group x feels/does something, when the data around it says the exact opposite.

Comparing what I think is a large amount of money to you saying that "a lot" of black people feel a certain way aren't comparable at all. Like you said, I feel that way. It's a personal sentiment. I'm above the Top 5% of U.S. salaries. For what I do, I think that its insane. For where that stand across the world population, then I'd say its even more sane. Sure, its not insane if you're in the 2 or 3 percent of people who make more money, but again, that flies in the face of anecdotal logic that you're using.

You are out here making conclusory statement about a group of people, which isn't true. Just because you've met some people that hold those views doesn't make it any more true. Like a said, there are 41 million black people in the U.S. and you're making statements about how "a lot" of them feel that don't align with anything that is out there. I don't have to pin you down on a certain percentage or number for this to be wrong.

You are conflating “a lot” with “most” or “the majority.”

I think saying “most people in group x feels y” would fall under the example you’re describing.

But there’s no point in going down a semantics rabbit hole. I did not hide the ball and admitted it was anecdotal.

Based on personal conversations I’ve had, a lot of black professionals lean conservative. You believing I need a poll to make that statement is absurd, in my opinion.

But we can agree to disagree.

I like how Trump is a great businessman and boss, a true executive who hires the best people. But the minute one of his people ****s up or one of their underlings ****s up, he is suddenly not responsible.

No, it doesn't work that way. You can't conveniently skirt responsibility like that. Stop defending that bull****. A true leader takes responsibility. Trump is not just accountable for what Guiliani does, he's accountable for all Guiliani's associates. Man up. And stop the disingenuous caping.

Based on personal conversations I’ve had, a lot of black professionals lean conservative. You believing I need a poll to make that statement is absurd, in my opinion.
Completely different than your original statement. Its not really hard to see the difference here. I'm done though.

I wonder if dacomeup dacomeup feels like you need a poll in order to say “TONS”

i think i can me a good case, sonnie johnson has her own shown on one of the largest conservatives platforms on siriusxm and has a strong following evidenced by her twitter feed. being a conservative, I'm sure youve heard of her as well, correct?

You led with your anecdotal statement as a conclusion, without saying it was anecdotal. :lol: I know that talking in circles is your strategy man, but its not flying.

I said it was anecdotal after my initial statement for this very reason :lol:

But since we’re being so cordial, fine time admit that you subject my posts to more scrutiny than our left-leaning posters in the thread

But since we’re being so cordial, fine time admit that you subject my posts to more scrutiny than our left-leaning posters in the thread
Honestly, I don't read your posts any more unless its just too flagrant that I have to respond, like the one that I did respond to. You employ too many of the right-wing tactics of half-truths, baiting, pleading ignorance, lies by omission, etc., so I think its fair for anyone to subject your posts to a higher level scrutiny at this point. You've earned that stripe, unfortunately or fortunately, however you see it.

Damn near every argument I have with you devolves into a semantics argument. You did it earlier when you said "how would Parnas invoke executive privilege?" knowing full well how executive privilege works.

It’s because you highlighted that segment. But even when it devolves to that with us I say “agree to disagree.”

I'm reading that Trump has hired Ken Starr and Alan Dershowitz for his impeachment defense team. Unbelievable.

Well, not unbelievable, predictably terrible, but still WTF.

Back
Top Bottom