***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It is always worth pointing out that the GOP does not speak for the American people. Putting aside our appallingly low voter turnout; among those who voted in 2016, not only did more people vote for Hillary Clinton, more people voted for a Democrat in House races and more people voted for a Democrat in Senate races.

In 2017 and 2018, the GOP had a trifecta with no national majorities in either the Presidential election or in other legislative chamber.

The GOP had a trifecta and today has the White House, Senate and courts entirely due to counter majoritarian devices both old (electoral college, malapportioned Senate) and new (historically aggressive partisan gerrymandering).

these dudes looking for every single excuse to try to wiggle their way out

You notice how none of the Republican Senators have defended The Bigot™ during this "trial", they've only criticised the Democrats.

Cowards.

It is always worth pointing out that the GOP does not speak for the American people. Putting aside our appallingly low voter turnout; among those who voted in 2016, not only did more people vote for Hillary Clinton, more people voted for a Democrat in House races and more people voted for a Democrat in Senate races.

In 2017 and 2018, the GOP had a trifecta with no national majorities in either the Presidential election or in other legislative chamber.

The GOP had a trifecta and today has the White House, Senate and courts entirely due to counter majoritarian devices both old (electoral college, malapportioned Senate) and new (historically aggressive partisan gerrymandering).

While everything you are saying is true, arguably the GOP has more varied voters as a large swath of Democratic voters come from California and the upper east coast.

Nearly half of American voters don’t vote at all. So the real “voice of the people” could arguably be apathy.

Unsurprisingly, Pompeo brazenly lied over and over and over again. First he tries to deny that senior State Dept officials publicly stated that he did nothing to defend Yovanovitch and pretends he doesn't know anyone who said such a thing. When he is forced to acknowledge that these criticisms did not come from "unnamed sources" that he doesn't know about, he starts lying about his supposed defense of foreign service officials. When the reporter asks him to cite any instance at all where he defended Yovanovitch against accusations that were entirely baseless according to all the top officials who testified, Pompeo declined to cite any such instance and kept lying. He was asked again to cite any instance where he defended Yovanovitch. He lied again.

When he was tired of repeating the same lie, he berated her in an expletive-filled rant.

Setting an assessment of Rogan, his endorsement, and the response from the Bernie campaign aside for just a moment, it's completely disingenuous to frame this as "Bernie thinks there's room for racists in the party but not for moderates" based on his acceptance of Rogan's endorsement. And this is because Bernie would 100% accept the endorsement of a "moderate" if such a person or group were to actually give him one. So the alleged juxtaposition here is rooted in a baseless premise.

not to keep beating a dead horse but

natjan2.png

six more months of progressive Twitter certainly won't help
We will see. If the polling from the last election tells us anything, it's that polls don't necessarily provide an accurate reflection of an outcome due to sampling issues, respondent dishonesty, changes over time, etc.

At any rate, 16% would be about the percentage of Clinton primary voters who cast ballots for McCain in the general in 2008. Again, as distasteful as I find anyone voting for Trump or abstaining to be, that would not be some historic anomaly.

Is Joe ECONOMICALLY ANXIOUS?

It' 10:10 (10:10)
Where you been in Da Mines (In Da Mines)
Did you get my message? LAYOFFS (Layoffs)
(Your expression is tellin' me that you've been thinkin' the same thang)
The same thang I've been thinkin' Trump 2020 (I've been thinkin' Trump 2020)
You say you're workin' FAST FOOD(FREEDOM FRIES)
Well hit me just as soon as you're shift is over (Over COAL SOOT)
And I'll be waitin' SMASH MOUTH POLITICS (LEFT HOOK)
'cause I can't sleep (I can't sleep)
For reminiscin'
Reminscin' about libooooos(About Libooooos)
And what we do (And what we do)
Hit me back (Hit me back)
And I you hope 'cause I'm SOOOOOOOOO ECONOMICALLY ANXIOUS

Many people that entertain the idea of not voting the Dem candidate now will probably think differently when the election is around the corner and the idea four more years of Trump dominates their thoughts.

I still think negative partisanship is a more powerful force than positive partisanship. So you are gonna see higher turnout and less apathy on the left because people want to vote against Trump, not matter who the candidate is.

I mean the GOP runs on negative partisanship. The GOP gets so many votes not because their platform is popular, it is because they convince people to vote against the Dems and everything they supposedly represent.

Basically they have a ton of voters who are anti-Democrat instead of being pro-GOP. On the flip side you will see voters that are not pro-Biden (or whomever) but anti-Trump.

We just need the votes are in the right places. And that is so worrying, we have the numbers, but we don't know if we have them were it really counts. So everyone is rightfully scared at the prospect of losing any votes.

If nothing happens outside of Bernie not getting the nominee, then I don't leakage will be that high. But Russia and the GOP are gonna target Bernie votes with messaging in hopes something sticks. So people get worried.

Last edited:
Despite Parnas' lawyer stating earlier today that Parnas did possess the tape ABC News obtained, Parnas now claims he has recovered the tape and has turned it over to House Intel.

Democrats love to lose,

no better evidence than the negative reaction to the Joe Rogan endorsement buy some corners of left.
I think the negative reaction to Bernie bragging about it is somewhat fair.

The endorsement itself I think people should just let it rock.

Rogan a clown and a bigot. So whatever good would have come from that, just let it rock in the corner by itself.

It's kinda funny that a lot of these "establishment" Democrat talking heads aren't acknowledging the split in candidate support amongst black voters by age. Basically the under 40 crowd is wayyyy more liberal, and likely to support Warren/Sanders, then the over 30 crowd.

It comes off as "we want young voters, but not during the primaries" :lol:

I think the negative reaction to Bernie bragging about it is somewhat fair.

The endorsement itself I think people should just let it rock.

Rogan a clown and a bigot. So whatever good would have come from that, just let it rock in the corner.

Nah Donald Trump is either an existentialist threat to the republic, that must be defeated at all costs or he's not...people criticizing Bernie can't have it both ways.

Bernie's whole appeal is being a super progressive dude who appeals who also can appeal white culturally conservative bro's.

that's what makes Bernie unique, it OBVIOUSLY makes sense to lean into that.

the left criticisms has been totally bonkers insane,

if Joe Rogans level of bigotry makes you untouchable, that's a giant ****ing swath of voters the Democratic party simply can't afford to write off.

Nah Donald Trump is either an existentialist threat to the republic, that must be defeated at all costs or he's not...people criticizing Bernie can't have it both ways.

Bernie's whole appeal is being a super progressive dude who appeals who also can appeal white culturally conservative bro's.

that's what makes Bernie unique, it OBVIOUSLY makes sense to lean into that.

the left criticisms has been totally bonkers insane,

if Joe Rogans level of bigotry makes you untouchable, that's a giant ****ing swath of voters the Democratic party simply can't afford to write off.
Dude Joe Rogan will sing Bernie's praise regardless. It is not like Bernie needs to brag about that clown's support to get the benefits of said support.

No one is telling Bernie he can't look for votes on the margin or to write people off. But what positive exactly is there to bragging about Rogan liking you right now?

Also Bernie has to get the nomination first. What good is kissing the *** of the Bros now, when it could alienate others you need to win the nomination. So the Rogan Bros gonna show up at the primaries for him too?

Because people who view Trump as serious threat, still has option on which candidate he want to take him out. There is no pressure to rally around Bernie right now.

At least have some common sense and wait for the damn general. When everyone knows the jig.

Like think about it. Which transgender person, or socially progressive woman that is aware of Rogan's antics gonna be like "oh get, the bigot Bros like Bernie, so let me vote for him in the primary because I we need them for the genera"l. Instead of like "ewww, I'm voting for Warren instead".

Last edited:
If I were in Bernie's position, I'd use my networks to quickly survey LGBT and non white activists and she what they think of Rogan's endorsement. I suspect that most would be fine with it because they want to win and Rogan's endorsement can help to that end. Nevertheless, I'd want to sample the opinions of loyal activists whose identities Rogan has not always respected. I'd want buy-in, I'd want to quickly a mass line and have either approval to embrace Rogan's endorsement or if the reaction is very negative to distance one's self from it.

Dude Joe Rogan will sing Bernie's praise regardless. It is not like Bernie needs to brag about that clown's support to get the benefits of said support.

No one is telling Bernie he can't look for votes on the margin or to write people off. But what positive exactly is there to bragging about Rogan liking you right now?

Also Bernie has to get the nomination first. What good is kissing the *** of the Bros now, when it could alienate others you need to win the nomination. So the Rogan Bros gonna show up at the primaries for him too?

Because people who view Trump as serious threat, still has option on which candidate he want to take him out. There is no pressure to rally around Bernie right now.

At least have some common sense and wait for the damn general. When everyone knows the jig.
I think there are plenty of younger white male, culturally conservative bros in Iowa and NH that Bernie can bring out.

and i highly doubt Bernie's hold on the progressive base is gunna shake because of some Joe Rogan twitter ad.

Im more annoyed with the commentary of certain pundits who should know better,

like at some point you play the game of thrones you win or you die,

and I find this trend of political punditry that seemingly has desire to play to win the game to be insanely annoying.

Back
Top Bottom