***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm just glad that this is becoming more and more apparent.

My fam went back home this winter and she told me how customs wanted to apply an "import" tax on her medication that was open and 1/3 full. Y'all play around and our kids will be describing the US just like I do my country of origin.

I don't disagree
but that's not the issue at hand which is climate change

who cares who is credited. What matters is some action is being taken and how the money is used

how is it possible that global warming is the biggest threat facing the earth today and yet there are zero large charitable foundations (at least that I'm aware of) devoted to mitigating it?

the reality is there aren't nearly enough resources being thrown at climate change. The US government can and should be funding more climate science and climate mitigation research and implementation. That would be first-best.

Until we get there, I'm not sure what slamming on people who are doing something with what resources are available accomplishes

no... it's not
perpetually angry progressiveness twitter is tiresome
Capitalism and its profits-above-all ethos are directly responsible for the destruction of the planet. If you wanna give credit to the world's wealthiest man—the pinnacle of capitalism personified—for giving a meaningless fraction of his incomprehensible fortune to "fight climate change," that's your prerogative. But people can have reasoned and principled objections to celebrating this news, since the very existence of a Jeff Bezos is antithetical to saving the planet.

I don't know why people ever thought Beezy would do otherwise. He just not that type of dude.
Yea he's probably the smartest man in politics, he knows how major his influence still is and the far reaching effects that stepping into the fray would cause on both sides of the aisle. Which explains not even commenting on his VP's campaign yet. Kind of expecting him to stay out of the spotlight until the convention most likely.

That article was pretty fascinating too getting a small look into his calculus during this campaign season

Yea he's probably the smartest man in politics, he knows how major his influence still is and the far reaching effects that stepping into the fray would cause on both sides of the aisle. Which explains not even commenting on his VP's campaign yet. Kind of expecting him to stay out of the spotlight until the convention most likely.

That article was pretty fascinating too getting a small look into his calculus during this campaign season
Every article I have read regarding Obama opinions about Biden's run gives me the impression that Bams doesn't want him to be president, and is embarrassed for dude. :lol:

Capitalism and its profits-above-all ethos are directly responsible for the destruction of the planet. If you wanna give credit to the world's wealthiest man—the pinnacle of capitalism personified—for giving a meaningless fraction of his incomprehensible fortune to "fight climate change," that's your prerogative. But people can have reasoned and principled objections to celebrating this news, since the very existence of a Jeff Bezos is antithetical to saving the planet.

I don't care about who's giving who credit. I'm not suggesting anyone needs to give Bezos credit or celebrate him

I'm saying Dems should stop trying to demonize allies in the climate debate and instead get down to brass tacks and talk about what works rather than who is evil or who is most responsible for climate change

We are probably screwed anyway by warming baked in to existing emissions but this kind of fratricide just slows progress, no matter how cathartic it is for those casting stones

More evidence of the Department's independence
If this truly bothered him, why would he have taken the job in the first place?
Anyone with a brain knew Trump was going to put an AG in this position. Those tweets are just the baseline of what anyone should expect. Anyone signing up for this should expect to deal with much worse than that given the sheer amount of Trump’s attempts to end investigations of himself and associates.
Barr essentially auditioned for the job with that unsolicited memo he sent to DOJ in which he discredited the obstruction case against Trump.

Barr is a smart guy, he knew what he was getting into. As the Mueller report describes, Trump wants his AG to be a crook like Roy Cohn. Trump is not interested in any semblance of independence or justice.

Barr blatantly lied about Trump’s conduct in the Mueller report but now expects people to believe he’s really bothered by Trump’s tweets.

Last edited:
Senator Klobuchar seems like may be a good candidate watching this townhall.

What’s wrong with Klobuchar? Why is she not getting more publicity.

Is it because she’s a woman?

giphy.webp

Back
Top Bottom