***Official Political Discussion Thread***

but have you actually spoken with people that voted for him in 2016?

I live in the Chicago suburbs but work in a rural area of Illinois. And I work with a lot of people that voted for him. They all say the same thing. They voted for him because t hey don’t trust regular politicians.

No doubt a big part of his base supporters are xenophobic and racist. But I would whole heartedly disagree thats why many voted for him 4 years ago.
Yes I have spoken with people that voted for him. Probably dozens of them by now.

Politicial Scientist have done research on voter motivations and views about immigration seemed to have motivated these folk more than anything else.

I don't doubt some did it out of desperation, but most didn't, not from what I have seen and read.

but have you actually spoken with people that voted for him in 2016?

I live in the Chicago suburbs but work in a rural area of Illinois. And I work with a lot of people that voted for him. They all say the same thing. They voted for him because t hey don’t trust regular politicians.

No doubt a big part of his base supporters are xenophobic and racist. But I would whole heartedly disagree thats why many voted for him 4 years ago.
Sort of racist people aren't going to say to you, "yeah I voted that way because I'm racist." That's not how it works.

Man......what a night, what a night.........WHAT A NIGHT!! I had a ball last night, mainly at the expense of Bernie Sanders and more importantly his supporters. Let this be a lesson for any and all out there.....be confident in yourself and when you know what you are talking about you don’t have ANYTHING to worry about.

That’s why I broke the game down for keko jones keko jones the way I did, and taught him about EXCUSES. Today Bernie Sanders and the vast majority of his supporters are coming up with a bunch of excuses for their losses and shortcomings last night. At the end of the day Bernie Sanders and his supporters have to look in the mirror and do some deep soul searching.

I suggest they start by reciting the poem INVICTUS.......”Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, for my UNCONQUERABLE soul..........it matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL!! Life lessons for everyone to apply and live by.

As the results from last night were coming in I started to reminisce about Obama in ‘08 given the demographic numbers for Biden. I’m sure my boy RustyShackleford RustyShackleford can relate to this one right here.

As the numbers kept coming in........I was starting to feel 🔥 fired up........I started to feel like I was ready to go. FIRED UP.....FIRED UP.....READY TO GO....READY TO GO.....FIRED UP......FIRED UP....READY TO GO.....READY TO GO......FIRED UP........FIRED UP.....READY TO GO.....READY TO GO!!

Dude you took an entire 4 hours to write all this BS.

Obviously you don't know who I'm rooting for. dont event know how else to tell you, I dont give a **** about Bernie or Biden, as long as it wasnt Pete or Bloomberg i was iight.

If you think it took a genius to see what was coming once Pete and Amy bounce and endorsed Biden, you must be .....

This dude on how many previous elections never won anything and now he's everyone front runner???

You're not kicking any knowledge , youre stating the obvious and what I and almost every person out there has been saying since Monday.

SMH ...

But let you think you're the next Bolasdamus

That's one of the biggest reasons people like dwalk31 dwalk31 want him nominated. Let me say it louder for the Bros in the back.

TOO MUCH OF BERNIE'S BASE DOESNT TURN OUT TO VOTE. THERE IS A REASON PEOPLE LIKE dwalk31 dwalk31 WANT HIM TO BE NOMINATED.

If Biden wins, Trump will get re-elected. Just like he was initially elected afterthe DNC put its establishment-backing behind Hillary.

Biden has a strong showing on Super Tuesday after the establishment pulled out all the stops (most of the other candidates dropping out and supporting him and big endorsements). Now, he’s getting backing from Bloomberg, just to essentially tie with Sanders in the delegate count.

Bernie, plus the backing of the establishment, has the best shot of beating Trump. Biden, with the full force of the establishment, is barely beating unbacked Bernie.

Red states didn’t want to vote for the political establishment and thats why HRC lost in the electoral college.
This is a pretty bad oversimplification. We have gerrymandering, voter suppression, voter rolls being purged AND Republicans pushing racist and xenophobic tropes in order to win. Red states not wanting to vote for the political establishment is NOT why HRC lost.

This democratic campaign, thus far has reaffirmed that Trump 2020 is almost guaranteed.

so what you are saying is you are voting for Trump then.

I still don’t understand why people think Bernie is so much more electable than Biden. Guys entire base is young people and they don’t even show out during the primaries. It’s pretty clear based on voting numbers so far that there are far more centrists and moderates than there are progressives and the moderate base is much more reliable.

The hardcore racists were always going to vote for Trump, but I trust Biden a hell of a lot more to draw in the center left and center right votes than I trust Bernie who is completely relying on the youth vote that isn’t even showing up in greater numbers than it did in 2016.

Even if Bernie did win, what the hell is he going to do in office? He ran his entire campaign on calling non-Bernie Democrats and Republicans crooked. Do people really think his colleagues are just going to forget that all and say “yeah, let’s vote for the most expensive government funded plans we have ever had”

so what you are saying is you are voting for Trump then.

I still don’t understand why people think Bernie is so much more electable than Biden. Guys entire base is young people and they don’t even show out during the primaries. It’s pretty clear based on voting numbers so far that there are far more centrists and moderates than there are progressives and the moderate base is much more reliable.

The hardcore racists were always going to vote for Trump, but I trust Biden a hell of a lot more to draw in the center left and center right votes than I trust Bernie who is completely relying on the youth vote that isn’t even showing up in greater numbers than it did in 2016.

Even if Bernie did win, what the hell is he going to do in office? He ran his entire campaign on calling non-Bernie Democrats and Republicans crooked. Do people really think his colleagues are just going to forget that all and say “yeah, let’s vote for the most expensive government funded plans we have ever had”
You made some good points in which I agree. I have always said Bernie's running mate needs to be more conservative because his extreme is hard to swallow.

I dont really have anything positive or negative about Biden. For me, he just is ... at times I find myself asking if he's all there and if he woukd sane or around in 4 years.

But you're right, he might pull the middle of the roads and clearly he has a lot of the black vote on the fact they want Obama and Obama's policies back. But he doesnt have a black agenda which is funny.

Last edited:
This democratic campaign, thus far has reaffirmed that Trump 2020 is almost guaranteed.
Well, that and the voter suppression tactics, misinformation campaigns online and in social media, foreign interference, and media manipulation, on top of the chaotic and disastrous primary season has reaffirmed that Trump 2020 reelection is almost guaranteed.

Kind of hard to win when one party manipulates the system to be rigged in their favor, and then manipulates the courts to uphold the results of the original criminal manipulation.

Man......what a night, what a night.........WHAT A NIGHT!! I had a ball last night, mainly at the expense of Bernie Sanders and more importantly his supporters. Let this be a lesson for any and all out there.....be confident in yourself and when you know what you are talking about you don’t have ANYTHING to worry about.

That’s why I broke the game down for keko jones keko jones the way I did, and taught him about EXCUSES. Today Bernie Sanders and the vast majority of his supporters are coming up with a bunch of excuses for their losses and shortcomings last night. At the end of the day Bernie Sanders and his supporters have to look in the mirror and do some deep soul searching.

I suggest they start by reciting the poem INVICTUS.......”Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, for my UNCONQUERABLE soul..........it matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL!! Life lessons for everyone to apply and live by.

As the results from last night were coming in I started to reminisce about Obama in ‘08 given the demographic numbers for Biden. I’m sure my boy RustyShackleford RustyShackleford can relate to this one right here.

As the numbers kept coming in........I was starting to feel 🔥 fired up........I started to feel like I was ready to go. FIRED UP.....FIRED UP.....READY TO GO....READY TO GO.....FIRED UP......FIRED UP....READY TO GO.....READY TO GO......FIRED UP........FIRED UP.....READY TO GO.....READY TO GO!!

My GOODNESS.
source (2).gif

At this point I’m not even sure who would have a better shot against trump . I’m not even sure how much an Obama endorsement would help Biden or not. That could just rile up Trumps racists base

I think many people are not seeing the very clear issues with a possible Joe Biden candidacy. While I'll save a broader discussion of those issues for a later date that hopefully never comes, I will touch on probably the most obvious and dangerous of these issues for anyone concerned with getting Trump out of the White House: Biden is completely washed.

Let's be honest, all politics aside, Biden can hardly string together two coherent sentences. He is very clearly losing his mental faculties. How on earth is he going to survive the next eight months? How is he going to give compelling, high-stakes campaign speeches when the lights are brightest and he's at his most exhausted? How is he going to function on a debate stage against one of the best off-the-cuff ****-talking presidents we've ever seen? (One that will also effectively, if disingenuously, attack him from both the left and the right—though that's another discussion.) He's not only going to look un-presidential, he's going to look like he belongs in a ****ing nursing home.

I hope things break differently in this primary and my predictions are irrelevant. If Biden ends up securing the nomination, I hope my predictions are wrong. But with all of this talk about "electability," people seem to be ignoring the very basic reality that Biden appears to be descending rapidly into senility right before our eyes, and it's only going to get worse.

At this point I’m not even sure who would have a better shot against trump . I’m not even sure how much an Obama endorsement would help Biden or not. That could just rile up Trumps racists base

i agreed with you at first, but realized that his base is always riled up. Fear mongering and stupid rallies and racism and owning the libs is their MO and they get plenty of media coverage. These people are living in a perpetual state of riledness. They gonna vote no matter what just to own the libs sticking it to obummer would be icing on the cake. racist voters still only count for one vote (for now...)

I think many people are not seeing the very clear issues with a possible Joe Biden candidacy. While I'll save a broader discussion of those issues for a later date that hopefully never comes, I will touch on probably the most obvious and dangerous of these issues for anyone concerned with getting Trump out of the White House: Biden is completely washed.

Let's be honest, all politics aside, Biden can hardly string together two coherent sentences. He is very clearly losing his mental faculties. How on earth is he going to survive the next eight months? How is he going to give compelling, high-stakes campaign speeches when the lights are brightest and he's at his most exhausted? How is he going to function on a debate stage against one of the best off-the-cuff ****-talking presidents we've ever seen? (One that will also effectively, if disingenuously, attack him from both the left and the right—though that's another discussion.) He's not only going to look un-presidential, he's going to look like he belongs in a ****ing nursing home.

I hope things break differently in this primary and my predictions are irrelevant. If Biden ends up securing the nomination, I hope my predictions are wrong. But with all of this talk about "electability," people seem to be ignoring the very basic reality that Biden appears to be descending rapidly into senility right before our eyes, and it's only going to get worse.

We really going to act like Biden and Bernie aren’t the exact same age and Bernie didn’t just have a heart attack like 4 months ago? It amazes me that the same base that was complaining about how discriminatory it was to ask about Bernie’s health is now the first to attack Biden’s age and health.

Both these dudes are dust man

What if he campaigned hard for Bernie?
I doubt it would happen but it’s hard to tell. It all depends on how much Democratic voters are willing to go out and vote and get Trump out the office. I’m not sure if Bernie voters will vote for Biden and I’m not sure if older Democrats are gonna support Bernie like they support Biden

I’m not sure if Bernie voters will vote for Biden and I’m not sure if older Democrats are gonna support Bernie like they support Biden

And therein lies the problem. Then Biden/Bernie supporters will further divide the party by pointing fingers at each for another for years of Trump. So sad, man.

Ezra Klein dropping some cold hard truths on Bern...
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21164091/sanders-biden-super-tuesday-endorsements-primary-2020

The politicial revolution did not show up, no signs that it will in the next couple weeks. So Bernie, and the one that picks up the torch after him, might want to reconsider the game plan going forward

I’m so disappointed in last night. This article makes it seems like Sanders doesn’t know how to maneuver politically, and is about to go out like Ned and Rob Stark.

We really going to act like Biden and Bernie aren’t the exact same age and Bernie didn’t just have a heart attack like 4 months ago? It amazes me that the same base that was complaining about how discriminatory it was to ask about Bernie’s health is now the first to attack Biden’s age and health.

Both these dudes are dust man
I'm not talking about age. I'm talking about his capacities. Have you watched the debates? Have you seen videos of his rallies and events?

I would think it would go without saying that age ≠ capacity. I'm about the same age as LeBron, but that's meaningless when it comes to our respective capacities on a basketball court.

Back
Top Bottom