***Official Political Discussion Thread***

On his third attempt at the presidency, Biden finally won a state during the primaries.

and now Tuesday comes :lol:
Speaking of Cali, I find it so weird the media has spent so much more time discussing SC than the two largest states in the country :lol: Especially considering both states have early voting. SC probably isn't going to impact anything going on in those states.
We should just pause this thread till Tuesday night

LOL. Rootin4EverybodyBlack Rootin4EverybodyBlack .........you got some explaining to do champ!! How was your night??

With California and Texas begins is now and Bernie and Biden basically tied, does it get easier or more difficult for Bernie from here on out?

If people want the youth to come out and vote so bad, maybe politicians should start presenting policies and agendas that actually mean something to them.

You can’t keep pushing the status quo and expect to ignite youth voters. Why do you think Sanders is so popular with younger voters? Because he pushes ideas that resonate with the youth like free college tuition. Because nearly every college educated young adult is drowning in student debt.

The Democratic Party needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are no longer appealing to younger voters, and address their policies and agendas to do so. Instead of just blaming the youth for not supporting the political establishments agenda.

If people want the youth to come out and vote so bad, maybe politicians should start presenting policies and agendas that actually mean something to them.
younger voters are just too lazy to take that walk/drive to the polling site for 5 minutes. The only way you will get their vote is if you allow them to vote on their favorite social media app.

You can’t keep pushing the status quo and expect to ignite youth voters. Why do you think Sanders is so popular with younger voters? Because he pushes ideas that resonate with the youth like free college tuition. Because nearly every college educated young adult is drowning in student debt.

The Democratic Party needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are no longer appealing to younger voters, and address their policies and agendas to do so. Instead of just blaming the youth for not supporting the political establishments agenda.
So why didn't they come out in large numbers for Bernie yesterday?

younger voters are just too lazy to take that walk/drive to the polling site for 5 minutes. The only way you will get their vote is if you allow them to vote on their favorite social media app.

exactly why my sister didn’t vote yesterday.

she will vote for the real election but that’s about it.

Crazy how that one scream ruined his entire campaign, when you think about how much it pales in comparison to all the stuff Donald Trump got away with.

Dean was already fading in the polls before the scream.

It's too bad though, he would've been a better matchup against Bush.

It must said, that the GOP has also been targeting voter suppression efforts at College students too. I do think a small part of the turnout gap is because it is harder for students to vote. But still, given the stakes, given the fact you got a candidate addressing the issue facing you, it should have been better.

Here in LA county they had early voting for a week, just had to drop off a ballot at a box at an official spot. And then yesterday, you weren’t tied to a specific polling place anymore I went to my OG spot and my folks went to the civic center two miles away, etc.

And yet people were still waiting in 3 hour lines at places at 10 pm. Were people not aware of the new rules? Like if I saw a line I would’ve just bounced to another spot. I don’t get it.

Isnt Bernie doing that or am I missing something here?
Yup he did. And the entire Democratic Party dropped out to get behind Biden to try and stop him.

Listen, all I’m saying is instead of trying to counter everything Bernie is bringing to the table, try to understand why it appeals to the youth. Progressives are moving into the Democratic Party whether Moderates like it or not. And unless they can find a way to appease to both groups, we will continue to lose in elections.

l
Here in LA county they had early voting for a week, just had to drop off a ballot at a box at an official spot. And then yesterday, you weren’t tied to a specific polling place anymore I went to my OG spot and my folks went to the civic center two miles away, etc.

And yet people were still waiting in 3 hour lines at places at 10 pm. Were people not aware of the new rules? Like if I saw a line I would’ve just bounced to another spot. I don’t get it.
some people just vote late

Yup he did. And the entire Democratic Party dropped out to get behind Biden to try and stop him.

Listen, all I’m saying is instead of trying to counter everything Bernie is bringing to the table, try to understand why it appeals to the youth. Progressives are moving into the Democratic Party whether Moderates like it or not. And unless they can find a way to appease to both groups, we will continue to lose in elections.
It appeals to the youth so much that they didn’t vote yesterday? You’re missing the entire point here. He didn’t get young voters to turnout.

although i dont think trump and/or pence will show up for debates..

whoever ends up being the nominee needs to have a woman VP just to force pence to potentially be alone on stage with a woman
Yea, Trump telegraphed months ago that he wasn’t going to participate in the debates citing “fairness”. He may do one near the election to rile up his voters.

Biden won Maine

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom