***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I've talked to a few Trump supporters over the past few weeks. The crazy thing to me is that none of them can acknowledge the failures. Following Trump's lead, they blame everyone else and insist he's handling the crisis as well as anyone else would.

It is absolutely ****ing insane.

Its crazy to me. Trump is Jim Jones and his supporters are drinking the Kool Aid by the gallon. Smh

1586131446166.gif

hated this ¨worst president¨ take before 2020 because you had literal genocides and actual slavery in that legacy, one mf actually let a region of the country gather arms and organize into a coalition for a civil war.

there have definitely been worse examples of leader**** in that country...at least, through 2019.

watching this guy use his nigh-unlimited emergency powers in such an impotent fashion is legit PAINFUL.

that word choice was intentional...the national response to this global crisis was and is flaccid af.

...and also, the homie Boris Johnson wanted the herd immunity strategy enacted for the nation he leads:

Well There It Is Jeff Goldblum GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Fauci was just asked about his view on hydroxychloroquine and Trump immediately cut off the question to prevent Fauci from saying a word. Fauci didn't get a word in. Trump then berated an AP reporter for questioning him about AP's reporting that federal agencies wasted months before ordering bulk supplies. Trump said the reporter "should be thankful" instead of "asking wise-guy questions."

That was the end of the press conference.

hated this ¨worst president¨ take before 2020 because you had literal genocides and actual slavery in that legacy, one mf actually let a region of the country gather arms and organize into a coalition for a civil war.

there have definitely been worse examples of leader**** in that country...at least, through 2019.

watching this guy use his nigh-unlimited emergency powers in such an impotent fashion is legit PAINFUL.

that word choice was intentional...the national response to this global crisis was and is flaccid af.

...and also, the homie Boris Johnson wanted the herd immunity strategy enacted for the nation he leads:

Well There It Is Jeff Goldblum GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
A50A13F3-0241-4928-9C09-0007AF35134E.jpeg

I think he's trying to sound like he's in control given how terribly he's handled everything. The issue with promoting hydroxychloroquine as some kind of cure is that it will inevitably give a lot of people a false sense of security. From what I've read, there are some promising studies, but there isn't enough data and still a lot of unknowns.

I think he's trying to sound like he's in control given how terribly he's handled everything. The issue with promoting hydroxychloroquine as some kind of cure is that it will inevitably give a lot of people a false sense of security. From what I've read, there are some promising studies, but there isn't enough data and still a lot of unknowns.
Fauci has recently described some of those referenced studies as inadequate and anecdotal due to methodology. He also pointed out there were new studies that saw no effects one way or the other from administering hydroxychloroquine.
I think the more pressing issue is encouraging extremely irresponsible use of it. Trump talked about it not just as a potential treatment but as a preventative, "just try it."
A number of very ignorant people have already died by self-medicating with that drug after hearing about its unproven supposed effects.

Attempting to appear in control, if successful, is actually remarkably effective when it comes to approval ratings. The clearest example of this is Cuomo. He made some very clear errors and miscalculations early on that helped aggravate the current situation but his demeanor in his daily briefings to the people has clearly caused a reassurance effect that seems to have almost erased criticism about his early failures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom