***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This mess is a joke. My church is doing online services only and respecting social distancing. I understand wanting to be in church around people but church isn't a building but people. I like how one pastor said it isn't faith to put your church members at risk to keep the collection plate full. It's faith when you shutdown and keep your members safe and believe that the church's financial needs will be met.

1586111481118.png

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford
Taking the cyclo-cross to the next level
https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...ronavirus-shuts-down-main-event-idUSL8N2BT0LC
Cycling-Belgium holds virtual Tour of Flanders as coronavirus shuts down main event
Belgium’s famed Tour of Flanders cycle race went virtual on Sunday after being postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, with 12 cyclists pedalling it out in isolation on stationary bikes hooked up to a video-game recreation of the Belgian countryside.

Complete with roadside advertising and virtual spectators waving flags, the avatars of the Tour of Flanders were carried on Belgian television with live commentary, complete with camera shots of competitors in their homes cycling the shortened virtual course for rival red and yellow teams.

“When I heard about this idea, I thought it was a joke,” Zdenek Stybar, a professional road racing cyclist from the Czech Republic, said in a pre-race interview.

Chris Wallace is a much better interviewer than the people on the more liberal networks tbh.
I agree, but the fact that he works on a Conservative propaganda network instantly changes the tenor of these interviews with whoever he has on. He's probably the best political interviewer regardless of network, fair and tough.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford
Taking the cyclo-cross to the next level
https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...ronavirus-shuts-down-main-event-idUSL8N2BT0LC
Cycling-Belgium holds virtual Tour of Flanders as coronavirus shuts down main event
Belgium’s famed Tour of Flanders cycle race went virtual on Sunday after being postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, with 12 cyclists pedalling it out in isolation on stationary bikes hooked up to a video-game recreation of the Belgian countryside.

Complete with roadside advertising and virtual spectators waving flags, the avatars of the Tour of Flanders were carried on Belgian television with live commentary, complete with camera shots of competitors in their homes cycling the shortened virtual course for rival red and yellow teams.

“When I heard about this idea, I thought it was a joke,” Zdenek Stybar, a professional road racing cyclist from the Czech Republic, said in a pre-race interview.
My mans Greg Van Avermaet (A Belgian, and Olympic champion) won it :smokin

Real talk, I don't know why I even like road cycling as much as I do, like seriously. My girlfriend as less of an issue with me waking up in the middle of the night to watch the West Indies cricket team, than me waking up at 7am to watch European cycling.

I'm legit planning to come out to Belgium one of these years to watch the Tour of Flanders live.

Back
Top Bottom