***Official Political Discussion Thread***

seeing all these MAGAs at the rally today:

tenor.gif

I agree 100%. We have to judge him on what he's done today which is what I want to talk about. #blacks4TRUMP

After this Tulsa rally you might not want to talk about what Trump’s done today :lol:

Last edited:
I think I'm the only frequent openly-conservative poster.

I supported Trump in 2016 over Hillary and will likely support him in November over Biden.

He has proven the ability to get meaningful measures passed such as the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs.

Hopefully this trend continues with a Second Step Act and this police reform bill. My focus is on the black community, so that you understand my perspective.

I understand the problem that people have with his rhetoric. But I just don't think Biden would have the ability to get meaningful legislation passed.

Also, I think it will be a smack in the face to the black community when Biden (who has talked about being the VP to the first black president throughout his campaign) decides on a non-black running mate. Not to mention his work on the crime bill.

That's my reasoning.

Has Donald Trump run on being the VP to the first black president?

Did Donald Trump write and/or vote for the Crime Bill?

Is Donald Trump getting an overwhelming amount of the black vote?

No.

That is the glaring difference.

But the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs were passed under this administration.

45sjnn.jpg

Something is definitely very fishy about the removal of the SDNY US Attorney. Barr first tried to offer him other positions but Berman declined to take the bait.
Barr did the same thing with the D.C. US Attorney. He offered Liu a position at Treasury to replace her with a loyalist (Timothy Shea) and then Trump revoked Liu's nomination to that position. Given the extent Barr has gone to in order to remove Berman, I assume he tried to apply this tactic to Berman as well but it failed.

Berman's statement yesterday implied pretty strongly that he thought his attempted removal had to do with the investigations he was running. He specifically emphasized that those investigations "will continue without delay or interruption"and that he will ensure SDNY's "important cases continue unimpeded."

Berman was already going to be invited to testify at Wednesday's hearing in the House on DOJ politicization. One of Mueller's top prosecutors, who also worked on the Stone case in D.C., already confirmed his testimony. Given that Barr now got the president to get rid of Berman, maybe he has a story to tell Congress.

I also expect some leaks coming from SDNY in the next few days/weeks.

Back
Top Bottom