***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Sigh.

Where do I start.

I would be interested in your list of smacks in the face as it relates to Biden. Or, are you saying that he is some perfect candidate?

I could go through most of your points and respond.

Actually, I have some time and I will:

- I disagree with him on the statues and they need to come down, period.
- Disagree with the birther theory, and it is indefensible, period.
- Obviously white nationalists in an administration are problematic. Surely you don't think this is the first administration with white nationalists in it, do you? Would you say Obama/Biden had none?
-He also said this Attorney general was not mentally qualified to be attorney general. And requested his resignation. Also, the DOJ is independent.
- As stated above, the DOJ is independent. You realize he is under investigation by them, right?
- Disagree with your reasoning here. He has denounced white supremacy, repeatedly
-Cases settle for tons of reasons. As a business owner, you--of all people--should realize business incentives of settlement that have nothing to do with liability/guilt.
-Was the record deportation appalling under Obama/Biden... think about it.
-I am adamant about due process and have spoken against this repeatedly. And have said I disagreed with this.
- You realize Obama instituted travel bans from many of the same countries? Or was that different?
-I've been team Kaep from the jump. This is indefensible. He has since changed his stance on Kaep. Obama changed his mind on same-sex marriage. People evolve. In this case, I am glad he changed for the positive.
-I disagree that he was talking about white nationalist/supremacists. Again, he has denounced white supremacy, and racism, repeatedly. He clarified that comment a day later.
- Hearsay. I can say that the founder of Niketalk told me the same thing. Hint: that doesn't make it true. That is why I said a tape would be helpful, for me.
- Im not familiar with this one
-I am not as in tune with the white supremacists' preferences. I'll take your word for it. But again he has denounced white supremacy and racism, repeatedly.

But you want to gloss over the crime bill and mass incarceration because of 4 years of Trump? When Biden has been in politics for over 40 years and THIS is where we are?

Give me a break.

It's been messed up for black folks in America under administrations from both sides. I'm sorry it is more in your face now. It has been in mine.

And the question is not whether Obama, Hillary or Biden would sign the bills, the question is whether they could force the senate republicans to vote for it. Trump can. That is the difference.

Trump has proven the ability to get these measures past the senate in the way that other administrations could not.

Yes, I would prefer a watered-down prison reform bill to no prison-reform bill. Perhaps you prefer no bill at all?

Voting for Joe Biden doesn't put you on some higher moral ground in my opinion.

And my tax comment was about basic math, not my sole motivation for voting.
My God this is pathetic :lol:

Imagine still calling the DOJ completely independent after we just watched the DOJ fire a DA investigating trump for multiple crimes
Correction: US Attorney, not a District Attorney.

Technically he wasn't fired, Berman resigned after Barr claimed he convinced Trump to fire him. Trump then distanced himself and said he had no involvement in the matter, adding that this was all up to the AG to handle.
Berman then resigned but prevented Barr from installing his loyalist Jay Clayton in the position. Berman's deputy is now the SDNY Acting US Attorney.

Something I would also note is that Barr explicitly usurped presidential powers.
Barr said "I wanted the opportunity to choose a distinguished New York lawyer, Jay Clayton"
For the record, Clayton has zero experience as a federal prosecutor so Barr's intentions here are pretty obvious.
Ea-oqrfXkAANbxb

Colorado reform law ends immunity for police in civil misconduct cases

Screenshot_20200620-204828.png

By Keith Coffman

DENVER (Reuters) - Colorado Governor Jared Polis on Friday signed into law a bill to remove the shield of legal immunity that has long protected police officers from civil suits for on-the-job misconduct, a measure civil libertarians hailed as landmark legislation.

The Colorado state legislature passed the sweeping police accountability bill last week in the wake of nationwide protests over unfair treatment of racial minorities by law enforcement, sparked by the death of an unarmed Black man under the knee of a white Minneapolis policeman last month.

Polis, a first-term Democrat, took the 155th anniversary of Juneteenth, celebrating the abolition of slavery in the United States, to formally enact the law.

The American Civil Liberties Union hailed enactment of the measure, saying Colorado became one of the first states in the nation to strip police officers of a legal defense known as qualified immunity. The ACLU called the police accountability law as a whole historic.

The statute additionally requires police agencies statewide to adopt the use of body-worn cameras by their officers within three years, and bans choke holds by officers in restraining individuals.

Carotid-pressure holds, similar to the technique that Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin used when he knelt on the neck of George Floyd in a fatal encounter on May 25, is also outlawed.

The legislation won the support from the state’s police chiefs and county sheriffs’ organizations, which said in a joint written statement that many of the policies contained in the new law are already in place at the local level.

The U.S. Supreme Court recognized qualified immunity 50 years ago to protect government officials from frivolous lawsuits. Attorneys representing police have said the doctrine ensures officers can make split-second decisions in dangerous situations without worrying about being sued later.

Critics have said the doctrine too often lets police brutality go unpunished. The high court this week declined to hear several cases challenging qualified immunity assertions on behalf of police.

(Reporting by Keith Coffman in Denver; Editing by Steve Gorman and Michael Perry)

Sigh.

Where do I start.

I would be interested in your list of smacks in the face as it relates to Biden. Or, are you saying that he is some perfect candidate?

I could go through most of your points and respond.

Actually, I have some time and I will:

- I disagree with him on the statues and they need to come down, period.
- Disagree with the birther theory, and it is indefensible, period.
- Obviously white nationalists in an administration are problematic. Surely you don't think this is the first administration with white nationalists in it, do you? Would you say Obama/Biden had none?
-He also said this Attorney general was not mentally qualified to be attorney general. And requested his resignation. Also, the DOJ is independent.
- As stated above, the DOJ is independent. You realize he is under investigation by them, right?
- Disagree with your reasoning here. He has denounced white supremacy, repeatedly
-Cases settle for tons of reasons. As a business owner, you--of all people--should realize business incentives of settlement that have nothing to do with liability/guilt.
-Was the record deportation appalling under Obama/Biden... think about it.
-I am adamant about due process and have spoken against this repeatedly. And have said I disagreed with this.
- You realize Obama instituted travel bans from many of the same countries? Or was that different?
-I've been team Kaep from the jump. This is indefensible. He has since changed his stance on Kaep. Obama changed his mind on same-sex marriage. People evolve. In this case, I am glad he changed for the positive.
-I disagree that he was talking about white nationalist/supremacists. Again, he has denounced white supremacy, and racism, repeatedly. He clarified that comment a day later.
- Hearsay. I can say that the founder of Niketalk told me the same thing. Hint: that doesn't make it true. That is why I said a tape would be helpful, for me.
- Im not familiar with this one
-I am not as in tune with the white supremacists' preferences. I'll take your word for it. But again he has denounced white supremacy and racism, repeatedly.

But you want to gloss over the crime bill and mass incarceration because of 4 years of Trump? When Biden has been in politics for over 40 years and THIS is where we are?

Give me a break.

It's been messed up for black folks in America under administrations from both sides. I'm sorry it is more in your face now. It has been in mine.

And the question is not whether Obama, Hillary or Biden would sign the bills, the question is whether they could force the senate republicans to vote for it. Trump can. That is the difference.

Trump has proven the ability to get these measures past the senate in the way that other administrations could not.

Yes, I would prefer a watered-down prison reform bill to no prison-reform bill. Perhaps you prefer no bill at all?

Voting for Joe Biden doesn't put you on some higher moral ground in my opinion.

And my tax comment was about basic math, not my sole motivation for voting.

Dwalk caping for white supremacy yet again.

1000000 were supposed to show up.
Maybe 20 or 30000 did. :lol:

Why was there one maggot wearing the maga hat and a mask? :lol:

This clown is just entertaining his circus with his garbage stand up routine.

Don't this dumb son of a ***** understand?

Do you think that ends the investigations?
What do you make of Barr's intentions given the following facts?

-Barr unequivocally lied about Berman, who then released a statement denying Barr's lie. Berman's statement emphasized that the office's most important cases would continue under his leadership and specifically added that they would not be impeded.
-In a position overseeing high profile investigations of Trump associates, Barr tried to install a replacement with zero experience as a federal prosecutor.
-Barr said he "wanted the opportunity to choose" a replacement
-Barr has given no explanation for his actions

Last edited:
1000000 were supposed to show up.
Maybe 20 or 30000 did. :lol:

Why was there one maggot wearing the maga hat and a mask? :lol:

This clown is just entertaining his circus with his garbage stand up routine.

Don't this dumb son of a ***** understand?

hahaha I always thought of them as pro wrestling promos but this is DEFINITELY garbage stand-up.

¨coved.¨

Back
Top Bottom