***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Once again, asinine logic. You are basically saying you are voting for Trump not because something is likely to happen, but because you think an anomaly happens again. The First Step act is the exception, not the rule. Trump and his administration has been very regressive on criminal justice on aggregate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...7533de-bb0f-11ea-86d5-3b9b3863273b_story.html

And before you star with the DOJ is independent. Then why doesn't Trump demand Barr stop these actions, like he demanded they stop the Mueller investigation. He doesn't say a peep, in fact he does the opposite, he champions these tough on crime moves.

So keep making yourself look like an ***, in hopes it doesn't make you look like the supporter of white supremacy that you are.

The DOJ is independent.

And it isn't just the First Step Act, there is also the Fair Chance Act and Trump has openly supported a Second Step Act.

This is from the white house:

President Donald J. Trump Is Committed to Building on the Successes of the First Step Act

I've outlined my reasoning. His administration has the ability to get legislation past a senate that might obstruct a Biden administration.
The thing I hate about your "contribution" in this thread is that every single argument of yours is supported by the assumption that the Congress is this heavenly body that is completely separate from the electoral process and that people have no power over.

Congresspeople get elected by the people. Because of that we could have a democratic congress and a republican presidency, or we could have entirely red legislative and executive branches, which will affect what Trump chooses to pass. Furthermore, the probability of getting actual reform of the justice system is much higher with a blue executive branch unencumbered by the shenanigans of a reactionary right holding the legislative branch hostage.

You can't claim you want to get somewhere ASAP and pick the third slowest route. You're either lying, or you don't know where you're going.

I've outlined my reasoning. His administration has the ability to get legislation past a senate that might obstruct a Biden administration.

What good are Biden's proposals if they die in the Senate?

This is actually quite revelatory (no sarcasm). It's clear to me that:

• Delk wishes to be ruled by a king or some sovereign leader unaccountable to another branch of government, much less to an electorate. He is actually representative of people like William Barr and others who believe that the judiciary's primary role is to carry out the desires of the executive, and congress's role is to make expenditures on behalf of the executive. And, of course, the legislative and judiciary are immediate hurdles to overcome on the path to total absolute monarchy. He goes far beyond even the bourgeoisie's aversion to democracy: whereas they are at least open to minimal expressions of suffrage, Delk sees democracy as itself an unacceptable interference with the totalizing rights of the sovereign.

• Delk likes to make it seem like he cares about policy. But he doesn't. The contents of any specific proposal are insignificant, the societal effects are neither here nor there. What matters is the ability to point to some policy, no matter how authoritarian or lenient, that can be passed without obstruction. Policies matter only insofar as they fulfill the complete desires and wishes of the executive.

The way to understand Delk is not by engaging any of his comments about this policy or that proposal. He believes in monarchy. To him it matters not whether that singular leader commits theft, graft, or pedophilia. In the political arena, or in the jungle, once the sovereign has achieved power--whether through stealing an election or gerrymandering, or through outright conquest--no amount of warts, or blemishes, or corruption can interfere wit the monarch's right to rule.

Why is it that Delk has an investment in the right of an elite white man to rule over all? I suspect that people like him who support monarchy, despite the often illusory protections, assume that so long as they are loyal to the monarch they'll survive. They may even thrive if they join in corruption (about those small business loans...).

So in the end, it's not really hypocrisy that best defines Delk. Rather, it's that he is a man who feels fine being dominated by another man.

The thing I hate about your "contribution" in this thread is that every single argument of yours is supported by the assumption that the Congress is this heavenly body that is completely separate from the electoral process and that people have no power over.

Congresspeople get elected by the people. Because of that we could have a democratic congress and a republican presidency, or we could have entirely red legislative and executive branches, which will affect what Trump chooses to pass. Furthermore, the probability of getting actual reform of the justice system is much higher with a blue executive branch unencumbered by the shenanigans of a reactionary right holding the legislative branch hostage.

You can't claim you want to get somewhere ASAP and pick the third slowest route. You're either lying, or you don't know where you're going.

From what I've read, it simply isn't likely that the senate will be flipped this cycle.

Obviously the best route is a progressive executive unencumbered by congress.

But that is not the current landscape and the election is in November.

The DOJ is independent.

And it isn't just the First Step Act, there is also the Fair Chance Act and Trump has openly supported a Second Step Act.

This is from the white house:

President Donald J. Trump Is Committed to Building on the Successes of the First Step Act

The DOJ is independent yet Trump had no issue demanding they shut down the Mueller investigation, demand Rod Rosenstein leave, harass and force out tons of Obama people, throw Jeff Sessions under the bus numerous times and ask for his resignation.

Yet he doesn't say a peep about Sessions and Barr's regressives moves on criminal justice. He for some reason says he agrees with the regressives moves in public, even though he disagrees with their moves?

Is this really your asinine argument? Because it is too early in the day for you to be making this big of a fool of yourself.

Being from the White House means little. Civil rights groups and lawyers have been pointing out all the ways the DOJ has been undercutting the First Step Act, but your boy doesn't say a peep about it. Instead he constantly reminds the world that he too is "tough on crime".

Trump has openly been racist these past few weeks and you haven't said ****. He has openly admitted to try to sabotage mail in voting to swing the election but you haven't said ****. You didn't have a BS deflection for those things. But you think you can repeat the same nonsense in regards to this, so here you are. Trying to make the racist ande delusional sound reasonable.

Last edited:
Why is it that Delk has an investment in the right of an elite white man to rule over all? I suspect that people like him who support monarchy, despite the often illusory protections, assume that so long as they are loyal to the monarch they'll survive. They may even thrive if they join in corruption (about those small business loans...).

So in the end, it's not really hypocrisy that best defines Delk. Rather, it's that he is a man who feels fine being dominated by another man.
You get it, and this is why he shouldn't be given a pass because he's Black. In fact, he is knowingly using his Blackness as a veil to drum up support for anti-democratic ideas. In some circles, he would be known as an agent.

The DOJ is independent yet Trump had no issue demanding them to shutdown the Mueller investigation, demand Rod Rosenstein leave, harass and force out tons of Obama people, throw Jeff Sessions under the bus numerous times and ask for his resignation.

Yet he doesn't say a peep about Sessions and Barr's regressives moves on criminal justice. He for some reason says he agrees with the regressives moves in public, even though he disagrees with their moves?

Is this really your asinine argument? Because it is too early in the day for you to be making this big of a fool of yourself.

Being from the White House means little. Civil rights groups and lawyers have been pointing out all the ways the DOJ has been undercutting the First Step Act, but your boy doesn't say a peep about it. Instead he constantly reminds the world that he too is "tough on crime".

Trump has openly been racist these past few weeks and you haven't said ****. He has openly admitted to try to sabotage mail in voting to swing the election but you haven't said ****. You didn't have a BS deflection for those things. But you think you can repeat the same nonsense in regards to this, so here you are. Trying to make the racist ande delusional sound reasonable.

As you know Rusty, I just got married. Just got back in town so I haven't really researched the mail stuff enough to give a good response.

I responded to the other things because I had already had an answer.

I agree that the behavior of the DOJ to undermine legislation enacted by Trump is ridiculous. The DOJ has been problematic long before Trump and will likely be long after. A lot of career folks that have served under many administrations there.

But Trump's action of signing the legislation into law is saying something. It makes it so that the efforts by the DOJ, to undermine the legislation, mostly fail.

I know that you prefer to point to actions by the DOJ instead of actions by Trump but it is an independent agency.

You get it, and this is why he shouldn't be given a pass because he's Black. In fact, he is knowingly using his Blackness as a veil to drum up support for anti-democratic ideas. In some circles, he would be known as an agent.
He does it for everything. Whenever it is pointed out to him that his position is hostile to black people.

When I pointed out that his stance on welfare cuts were a racist argument, the first thing he did was say the charge was ridiculous because he is black.

He then shift his position to include "private donations" making up the difference, rambled on for a while, then admitted he had no idea if the plan would work.

But somehow we were suppose to accept: he supports an implicitly racist policy proposal, one that would severely hurt the black community, one he can't defend. But he is not racist like the other people that propose it, because he is black.

Last edited:
As you know Rusty, I just got married. Just got back in town so I haven't really researched the mail stuff enough to give a good response.

I responded to the other things because I had already had an answer.

I agree that the behavior of the DOJ to undermine legislation enacted by Trump is ridiculous. The DOJ has been problematic long before Trump and will likely be long after. A lot of career folks that have served under many administrations there.

But Trump's action of signing the legislation into law is saying something. It makes it so that the efforts by the DOJ, to undermine the legislation, mostly fail.

I know that you prefer to point to actions by the DOJ instead of actions by Trump but it is an independent agency.
Congrats on the wedding. Srs

But using your wedding to argue that you have not found the time to formulate a deflection for Trump is not something i can respect. You were in other threads bigging him up last week. So you had the time for that, but nothing else? Give me a break.

I am pointing to the actions of Trump. Why doesn't Trump demand Barr's resignation if he is undermining such a key piece of his policy agenda. Why doesn't Trump instead say publicly he agrees with Barr's performance and Attorney general with it comes to criminal justice issues. He had no problem doing such things before regarding the Mueller investigation. So please ****ing spare me this argument that Barr is acting outside of Trump's wishes. I

First, are you black gets asked.

Second, I say I am.

Third, long running joke that I'm not black.

Fourth, well it doesn't matter if you black.

Fifth, you using your blackness as a veil to support white supremacy.

Give me a break.

You disagree with my approach, fine. I can think a program makes sense from a legitimate place of care and concern. Some bozo hillbilly redneck racist can think that the same program makes sense because he ignorantly thinks laziness, or lack thereof, is tied to skin color.

I don't waste time considering the concerns of those types of idiots. Instead, I try to think of practical solutions to issues that have been plaguing my community for generations.

Could careless about the Ad Hominem stuff lobbed at me. Like I said when I first started posting on here--I live it. And it doesn't wash off.

Eerily similar isn't it?

A7575668-1143-4437-B1E6-899DEC37294B.jpeg

White supremacy is definitely a mental illness or in the very least an illicit substance that clouds your judgment. These folks need to be committed to rehab/jail or a mental institution like anything else that we do to people that act this way.

Congrats on the wedding. Srs

But using your wedding to argue that you have not found the time to formulate a deflection for Trump is not something i can respect. You were in other threads bigging him up last week. So you had the time for that, but nothing else? Give me a break.

I am pointing to the actions of Trump. Why doesn't Trump demand Barr's resignation if he is undermining such a key piece of his policy agenda. Why doesn't Trump instead say publicly he agrees with Barr's performance and Attorney general with it comes to criminal justice issues. He had no problem doing such things before regarding the Mueller investigation. So please ****ing spare me this argument that Barr is acting outside of Trump's wishes. I

I will respond to the mail stuff today. Like I said I responded to surface-level stuff but really haven't been able to watch the news like that.

Thanks for the congrats 8)

Slick missed y'all

voting for trump because the republican senate will obstruct Biden's attempts to implement policies you'd want is such a weak excuse to vote trump. I'd rather the senate try to obstruct than give trump another 4 years to see how much damage he can do.

That's fair. So vote for Biden.

You are also missing an important piece as it relates to Biden--he authored the crime bill.

And he is considered an architect of modern mass incarceration even by those on the left. In fact, RustyShackleford RustyShackleford 's candidate said as much.

But you should certainly vote your conscious. I understand a vote for Biden. And may myself depending on the reparations plan put forward.

First, are you black gets asked.

Second, I say I am.

Third, long running joke that I'm not black.

Fourth, well it doesn't matter if you black.

Fifth, you using your blackness as a veil to support white supremacy.

Give me a break.

You disagree with my approach, fine. I can think a program makes sense from a legitimate place of care and concern. Some bozo hillbilly redneck racist can think that the same program makes sense because he ignorantly thinks laziness, or lack thereof, is tied to skin color.

I don't waste time considering the concerns of those types of idiots. Instead, I try to think of practical solutions to issues that have been plaguing my community for generations.

Could careless about the Ad Hominem stuff lobbed at me. Like I said when I first started posting on here--I live it. And it doesn't wash off.
When I call you a racist and hostile to black people it is not just to throw out a ad hominem attack. I say it because I believe it to be the truth. And your post inform my opinion

And Delk, both Meth and I broke down in detail how racist that welfare argument you were making was. You had no answer to it. You threw in the towel in trying to defend it with both of us. For me with the same "I will defer to you on economics" and with Meth because admitting you have no clue if your plan would work.

You claim to claim to think about practical solutions to help your community. And when it came time to defend your plan under inspection. You could not. Yet you still believe in it. So it leaves people to think that either you have a mental impairment that prevents you from thinking logically, or that you are a proud supporter of the system of white supremacy. And that you don't give a **** about black people, you just want to act like you do, to keep caping for the conservative white bigots you support so much.

That's fair. So vote for Biden.

You are also missing an important piece as it relates to Biden--he authored the crime bill.

And he is considered an architect of modern mass incarceration even by those on the left. In fact, RustyShackleford RustyShackleford 's candidate said as much.

But you should certainly vote your conscious. I understand a vote for Biden. And may myself depending on the reparations plan put forward.
Cory Booker all called Trump a racist, the threat to democracy, said Trump was way worse on criminal justice, is a corrupt, cruel, needs to be removed from office as soon as possible, and Biden needs to win for the sake of the country and marginalized groups.

Since you want to bring up Cory Booker's opinions. Bring up those.

I think I figured out going in circles with Delk is like y'all politics hyperbolic chamber for real life.
Nah I'm done for the day.

Dude just gonna spam us with ****ery anyway.

Today is the RNC, he gonna be in butter biscuit heaven tonight.

I don't want to spoil that for him by pointing out his bull**** too much, or pointing of the lack of hydration on those things he calls legs.

When I call you a racist and hostile to black people it is not just to throw out a ad hominem attack. I say it because I believe it to be the truth. And your post inform my opinion

And Delk, both Meth and I broke down in detail how racist that welfare argument you were making was. You had no answer to it. You threw in the towel in trying to defend it with both of us. For me with the same "I will defer to you on economics" and with Meth because admitting you have no clue if your plan would work.

You claim to claim to think about practical solutions to help your community. And when it came time to defend your plan under inspection. You could not. Yet you still believe in it. So it leaves people to think that either you have a mental impairment that prevents you from thinking logically, or that you are a proud supporter of the system of white supremacy. And that you don't give a **** about black people, you just want to act like you do, to keep caping for the conservative white bigots you support so much.

Fam, yall asked for data that I didn't have. That doesn't mean that I don't think my idea would work.

You referenced data from different, but similar, ideas that did not work. My response was that this is not the same thing.

It doesn't have to be able to work, for me to think it will. Tons of plans fail. Others succeed.

Your dismissal was simply that you didn't think it would work based on an analogous (at least in your opinion) thing that did not work. I said that is a fair assessment.

I can STILL believe it will work despite that. You don't know 100% that my plan would fail. Just like I don't know 100% that it will succeed. We both are in opinion-land.

I don't have any issue admitting as much. I do take issue with the assertion that I hate black people when I am a black person. Or that I am hostile to the black community, etc.

I have worked diligently, and will continue to work to strengthen my community. I advanced my position to help strengthen black communities. You think it is BS, fine.

To question my plan is one thing, but questioning my motives is a bit too far imo. And that is where the problem lies.

Fam, yall asked for data that I didn't have. That doesn't mean that I don't think my idea would work.

You referenced data from different, but similar, ideas that did not work. My response was that this is not the same thing.

It doesn't have to be able to work, for me to think it will. Tons of plans fail. Others succeed.

Your dismissal was simply that you didn't think it would work based on an analogous (at least in your opinion) thing that did not work. I said that is a fair assessment.

I can STILL believe it will work despite that. You don't know 100% that my plan would fail. Just like I don't know 100% that it will succeed. We both are in opinion-land.

I don't have any issue admitting as much. I do take issue with the assertion that I hate black people when I am a black person. Or that I am hostile to the black community, etc.

I have worked diligently, and will continue to work to strengthen my community. I advanced my position to help strengthen black communities. You think it is BS, fine.

To question my plan is one thing, but questioning my motives is a bit too far imo. And that is where the problem lies.

No one cares. In my mind, there's not a single thing for which you stand that will ever absolve you of your support for a criminal regime.

Your posts are only interesting in that it allows some of us to better size up the anti-democratic enemies around us.

Back
Top Bottom