***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Here is Trump saying that Abe Lincoln is not actually that great, implying that ending slavery was maybe not a good thing.

Am I reaching? Is the sky blue?

“you’re not comparing that to golf”

she had to cut that dumbass off and tell him not to compare a murder to a missed putt. MY ****ING GOODNESS!!!!! this is the **** the leader of our country is saying and he’s NOT losing in the polls by a landslide. jeeezus :smh:

So, I'm curious. What's the general point of view in this thread for gun ownership? Has it changed recently? I know we've had LOTS of gun ownership debates in here and around the site in general. Has the past several weeks changed anybody's point of view? Knowing that Boogaloo Boys, Proud Boys, 3%ers, Neonazis, Confederates, generic Trump boys, et al are arming themselves at alarming rates.. hell, the president defended a murdered who executed a man in cold blood and shot more people to escape. Does that or has that spurred anybody to take up self defense by way of firearms?

There's been more Facebook posts in the past day calling for more alt-right demonstrations in Portland and I believe theres now 2 separate planned rallies in September. Theres also the outright threats of militia patrols from one alt-right group in Portland. I'm fearing that we might actually have some serious repercussions come November 4th, no matter who wins.

I have guns and will never give them up. It’s common sense honestly with all this mess he is stirring up.

“guns don’t protect you” tell that to my boys who posted outside their place with them while everything else was burnt by out of towners looking to come to Minneapolis and love out their juggalo fantasy.

I’ve always had guns before trump and all this but it’s not even a debate to me if they will keep you safe if need be. When everything is burning around you no one is gonna burn your spot when you’re posted up with a gun. It’s just not happening. They’ll move on.

if you don’t like guns that’s cool, but in my opinion it is MY responsibility to protect myself. Not the cops, not my kid, not my wife.

dwalk31 dwalk31 we need to know why Cory booker became your boy’s new favorite name

this guy

01A46E1C-7FA2-41B7-AE3A-8F242E71B3C6.jpeg

So, I'm curious. What's the general point of view in this thread for gun ownership? Has it changed recently? I know we've had LOTS of gun ownership debates in here and around the site in general. Has the past several weeks changed anybody's point of view? Knowing that Boogaloo Boys, Proud Boys, 3%ers, Neonazis, Confederates, generic Trump boys, et al are arming themselves at alarming rates.. hell, the president defended a murdered who executed a man in cold blood and shot more people to escape. Does that or has that spurred anybody to take up self defense by way of firearms?

There's been more Facebook posts in the past day calling for more alt-right demonstrations in Portland and I believe theres now 2 separate planned rallies in September. Theres also the outright threats of militia patrols from one alt-right group in Portland. I'm fearing that we might actually have some serious repercussions come November 4th, no matter who wins.

off of here I’m having more people request to shoot my weapons and learn proper technique seemingly every week. past couple weeks I’m getting texts from people I’d never expect to touch a gun wanting info.

folks see the writing on the wall. I think they know he’s going to lose in November and I don’t think they plan to accept that loss. we see what they’re willing to do to prove their point and we see their leader supports them, even encourages them.

I don’t own any guns.

I did the permit class, but didn’t get the concealed permit.

For me, I think it would make situations worse than necessary 9 times out of 10.

In terms of personal protection, I think they mostly make people feel more secure than they are. Because if someone gets the drop on you, it won’t really matter.

But it is fun to shoot, generally. And I respect the rights of folks that want to carry. I said I’d buy one once I got married/have a family but I haven’t yet.

politically speaking the gun conversation is a crapshoot. the 2nd amendment unfortunately covers more than just sensible people and pretty much allows anyone with any motive to say "i wanna protect my rights". Furthermore, the GOP pretty much sets the rules of engagement on gun rights in the same way that Liberals do with race (for better or worse). If the right was as "flexible" on gun rights as they are on voting rights we'd be in a far better place. And to be clear, flexible is being used ironically.

pragmatically, there are plenty of common sense things we can do that the rest of the world has adopted that could probably save a ton of lives if the "american gun conversation" could be had with a bit of nuance.

I have guns and will never give them up. It’s common sense honestly with all this mess he is stirring up.

“guns don’t protect you” tell that to my boys who posted outside their place with them while everything else was burnt by out of towners looking to come to Minneapolis and love out their juggalo fantasy.

I’ve always had guns before trump and all this but it’s not even a debate to me if they will keep you safe if need be. When everything is burning around you no one is gonna burn your spot when you’re posted up with a gun. It’s just not happening. They’ll move on.

if you don’t like guns that’s cool, but in my opinion it is MY responsibility to protect myself. Not the cops, not my kid, not my wife.

Nah, **** guns

Society would be better off without them.

Back
Top Bottom