***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You know damn well that wouldn’t change his mind.

“Yikes, i’ve always said he should do better with his speeches. We don’t know the context yet, sounds like he was trying to relate to black people. Let’s give him due process.”

Is ranked choice voting the libs answer to own the electoral college and voter suppression?

I don’t really understand it and I keep seeing signs that protest it in rich suburbs here so in assuming it’s a lib thing? :lol:

Still working through reading this, but I always make sure to peep if Serwer writes a piece.

this passage stands out to me:

One of the ways the principle-implementation gap manifests itself is in the distinction between civic equality and economic justice. After the Civil War, Representative Thaddeus Stevens, a Radical Republican, urged the federal government to seize the estates of wealthy former Confederates and use them in part to provide freedmen with some small compensation for centuries of forced labor. Stevens warned that without economic empowerment, freedmen would eventually find themselves at the mercy of their former masters.

“It is impossible that any practical equality of rights can exist where a few thousand men monopolize the whole landed property,” Stevens wrote in 1865. “The whole fabric of Southern society must be changed, and never can it be done if this opportunity is lost. Without this, this government can never be, as it never has been, a true republic.”

Even in his own party, Stevens’s idea was viewed as extreme. Nineteenth-century Republicans believed in an ideology of “free labor,” in which the interests of labor and capital were the same, and all workers could elevate themselves into a life of plenty through diligence and entrepreneurship. By arming Black men with the ballot, most Republicans believed they had set the stage for a free-labor society. They did not see what the emancipated saw: a world of state-sanctioned and informal coercion in which simply elevating oneself through hard work was impossible.

I think of the fact that police harassment, up to and including murder, against people of color, increases as gentrification increases.

The super rich of today, which includes a number of urban real estate barons, have a business model that requires white supremacy. In the case of urban real estate magnates, your business model is about buying property at low prices and later on selling them at high prices.

The real estate speculators find cheap property in divested black and brown neighborhoods. The speculators didn’t invent white supremacy but it’s a tool to Mark a neighborhood as “bad” or “sketchy” and therefore cheap. After buying up properties, you sell or rent to mostly white professionals. From there, you work closely with the police to be especially hostile to the PoC who still make up the majority. Eventually you replace enough of them with whites, raise debts and push more POC, long time residents out.

Other rich people are rich by taking advantage of a criminalized and therefore especially exploitable work force, or monetizing the rot caused by neoliberal austerity and yet more rich people are rich due to close collaboration with the carceral and surveillance state. These activities require white supremacy as a potent political force. Those rich people, in turn, use their wealth to keep white supremacy as a political force.

This is why taking the wealth away from the super rich is going to be an important part of beating white supremacy.

Whether it is land magnates during Reconstruction or the entrepreneurs of our current day era of highly financialized and crony capitalism, seizing restructuring the wealth of white supremacy’s greatest beneficiaries, will make white supremacy weaker as a political force.

nah theres a bunch of open white racist on here
they are the scum
lets not forget them
we even had a racist mod on staff
who knows how many others we have on staff feel the same way as jrose5
just dont say it publicly
Yes, there are indeed open white racists on this site, and they have a support system here as well. They even have a few Black friends backing them up.

Not everything is racial.

I recently read that in a thread, where people are questioning why Steve Nash has gotten the nod to be a head coach, without having any experience whatsoever. With that comment on not everything being racial, a whole bunch of LIKES showed up for the comment, from the usual suspects, right nawghtyhare nawghtyhare ?!

I've never seen dwalk31 dwalk31 cosign anything JRepp23 JRepp23 has said to any Black people on this site, never once saw him rep that racist piece of crap, nor niceshoes247 niceshoes247 , so I give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen other so called Black people reppin' those racist turds tho'! I have the feeling that Dwalk would slap the hell out of these racists in person, just like I would.

aepps20 aepps20 , that is why I am patient with him.

7h65rowjyzl51.jpg

I've never seen dwalk31 dwalk31 dwalk31 dwalk31 cosign anything JRepp23 JRepp23 JRepp23 JRepp23 has said to any Black people on this site, never once saw him rep that racist piece of crap, nor niceshoes247 niceshoes247 niceshoes247 niceshoes247 , so I give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen other so called Black people reppin' those racist turds tho'! I have the feeling that Dwalk would slap the hell out of these racists in person, just like I would.
He supports a racist administration daily. Getting a benefit of the doubt because he didn’t give someone a rep on a website? I mean, I guess.

Amazing to me that libs want their athletes to do whatever is necessary to win. Flop, score, defend, get gritty
But when our president elect wants to play like prime Ron Artest. He gets heat by the do nothing Dems

You know damn well that wouldn’t change his mind.

“Yikes, i’ve always said he should do better with his speeches. We don’t know the context yet, sounds like he was trying to relate to black people. Let’s give him due process.”

This actually sounds like the nonsense/forgiveness others on here would do if an N-word tape of Biden dropped.

People on here are really proudly pushing for the author of the crime bill.

And I’ve already said I might vote for Biden. So these antics are just tired at this point.

Yes, there are indeed open white racists on this site, and they have a support system here as well. They even have a few Black friends backing them up.

Not everything is racial.

I recently read that in a thread, where people are questioning why Steve Nash has gotten the nod to be a head coach, without having any experience whatsoever. With that comment on not everything being racial, a whole bunch of LIKES showed up for the comment, from the usual suspects, right nawghtyhare nawghtyhare ?!

I've never seen dwalk31 dwalk31 cosign anything JRepp23 JRepp23 has said to any Black people on this site, never once saw him rep that racist piece of crap, nor niceshoes247 niceshoes247 , so I give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen other so called Black people reppin' those racist turds tho'! I have the feeling that Dwalk would slap the hell out of these racists in person, just like I would.

aepps20 aepps20 , that is why I am patient with him.

He just parrots their talking points in here and when he gets caught he SIGHS with BASS IN HIS VOICE.

This actually sounds like the nonsense/forgiveness others on here would do if an N-word tape of Biden dropped.

People on here are really proudly pushing for the author of the crime bill.

And I’ve already said I might vote for Biden. So these antics are just tired at this point.

Always gotta deflect :lol:. Bill Barr wrote the case for MORE incarceration. The current attorney general (handpicked Trump). Who has proven over and over again that this DOJ is NOT independent from the White House.

And you don’t say a word about it :lol:. Thoughts, about using tax payer dollars And the DOJ to defend trump...because of this:

You won’t answer tho :lol:. **** sad.

Last edited:
Details of Woodward's upcoming book are starting to spill out. Between December and July, Woodward held 18 on the record interviews with Trump for his book, and also collected "deep background information" from various sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...68fe3c-efd2-11ea-b4bc-3a2098fc73d4_story.html

Excerpts:
89923b982eb168401fc5d9f9e1a66fe2.png

cb96b4d7d541109dd509383fe1e15993.png

Yet when asked publicly, he refuses to answer affirmitively and he surrounds himself almost exclusively with people who categorically deny the existence of systemic racism. Given his previous answer on white privilege, it doesn't appear Trump even understands the "systemic/institutional" part of the question.
28c68774f2d4be6ffe017ecd16632942.png

e1e107bd61e6fff423c7d855a4fb8c3b.png

c8eaceaac9d155c8f5c29e2f98d1cbe2.png

260fa6521e09c1ead7a8f4bb1f997ae8.png

b1aaa42bc42c8aee85bc21dcbe3f70dc.png

"I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down"- Trump on March 19
97928c3d33996bd5c667b00bcce15651.png

dwalk31 dwalk31 your boy downplaying the virus, and probably help cause thousands of extra deaths, might undercuts his case for a Nobel Prize. :lol:
Libs should love this. Trump is cutting carbon emissions from one of the biggest polluters in the world. In his own way. Nature is returning. Thanos was right. Nobel Peace Prize is #secured.

Back
Top Bottom