***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I am pretty sure you accused Methodical Management Methodical Management of singling you out due to you being conservative.

I made the same statement. When Methodical Management Methodical Management commented assuming that I was making the accusation towards the mods I responded and said that the moderation has been fair.

And it has been.

It is clear that me and Meth fall on different sides of the aisle. But the fact that I am here to engage is a testament to how fair the moderation is.

im sorry i go in and out of this thread
and sometimes dont get the joke references
is that suppose to be like a crack rock
and pills
to make the infinity stones???
That is the Biscuitry Gauntlet, Delk snaps it every time he has to come in here defend/defelct/ignore Trump's racism. Turns his morals into dust.

Those aren't stones, those are they are butter biscuits

I don't think anyone in here has come close to claiming the Dems are 100% on their side, or they are perfect. Or even defended the Dems with the same level of bad faith arguments Delk uses to defend Trump and the GOP.

People generally argue that one side is generally far better.

Plus, NT had a ton of conservatives over the years. It is just most got banned for racism, or other stuff.
Where or who has done this here? Are ya'll bringing outside convo into this or just creating stuff to have the upper hand on an argument with yourself?

And it's cute Delk get's to reinvent himself like he wasn't super wildin, especially back when he was pretending to be a fry cook lawyer for some reason. As a matter of fact I think he pretended to be a min wage worker so it could appear he was one of them while disparaging them.

And the family member betrayal will always sting more than an enemy doing as expected.

The comparisons to dwalk31 dwalk31 got y'all upset. :lol: :lol:

I deeply hate that Twitter hasn’t banned his account. I have no idea how the hell it hasn’t been killed. He’s constantly tweeting racism, hate and misleading information about our healths. I don’t get how it hasn’t been terminated.

No one's upset, nor did I even take it as a comparison. Just trying to understand where dudes who make that **** up are coming from, because that argument literally doesn't exist here, on NT. There isn't a single soul acting like a political party is an answer to all their problems, a complete insult to people's intelligence and lived black experience. Don't make **** up for some false sense of superiority.

Voting for me is basically choosing the power company that lets me put a little 100 on the bill to keep the power on for the month because I don't have the full amount vs the company that will cut it off immediately. I'm not singing the praises of the power company for lettting me rock.

Very interesting episode that covers the evolution of the political alignment of Black people from the era of the New Deal to now.
Everyone should listen to this podcast, but this excerpt is important to the discussion....
Leah Wright Rigueur
Absolutely. I think there are a couple takeaways from that Ralph Bunche report. The first is that he says you cannot run with both hare and hound, meaning that the Republican Party has to decide whether it wants to court, say, the dissident white vote of the Democratic Party and rely on racial antagonisms on the backs of Black people — or do you really want Black voters? You cannot seduce both. And in the case of Black voters, economic policy in particular is really, really important.

In the 1970s, we see McNeill and Associates, which is a Black Republican consulting group consulting with the RNC, say virtually the same thing that Ralph Bunche has said in 1939 and 1940. They say we have to find a way to make these ideas palatable or attractive to Black people because right now, Black voters are making a pragmatic vote even in cases where they don’t like Democrats — even in cases where they might be more aligned religiously, spiritually, what have you, with the Republican Party.

They will not choose the Republican Party because, one, they believe Republicans are racist and racially antagonistic, and two, there are no [Republican] policies that they see affecting their day-to-day lives for the better.

It’s the two things that go hand in hand. And all too often we see that Republicans recognize this, but they’re unwilling to make either one of those kind of significant structural changes in order to actually get a significant proportion of the Black vote.

Because they're inaccurate.
When Al Fraken had to leave the Senate because of his scandal, you didn't see Dem supporters twerk for him with the same intensity Delk displayed when Roy Moore's stuff came up, or when Bill Barr turned the DOJ into the personal lawyer firm of Trump, or when Trump touted 10 million jobs after losing more than 20.

I made the same statement. When Methodical Management Methodical Management commented assuming that I was making the accusation towards the mods I responded and said that the moderation has been fair.

And it has been.

It is clear that me and Meth fall on different sides of the aisle. But the fact that I am here to engage is a testament to how fair the moderation is.
Somehow it's different when Meth accuses you of sealioning versus when someone who isn't a mod accuses you of sealioning.

They will not choose the Republican Party because, one, they believe Republicans are racist and racially antagonistic, and two, there are no [Republican] policies that they see affecting their day-to-day lives for the better.

Voting for me is basically choosing the power company that lets me put a little 100 on the bill to keep the power on for the month because I don't have the full amount vs the company that will cut it off immediately. I'm not singing the praises of the power company for lettting me rock.

And this is the tl;dr position of the left-wing posters in this thread. *famous Chicago Wyoming rapper shrug*

imagine these folks thinking their race is superior

46C3C742-6A36-4CBE-80CB-6FAAADC90086.jpeg

No one's upset, nor did I even take it as a comparison. Just trying to understand where dudes who make that **** up are coming from, because that argument literally doesn't exist here, on NT. There isn't a single soul acting like a political party is an answer to all their problems, a complete insult to people's intelligence and lived black experience. Don't make **** up for some false sense of superiority.
It isn't "made up". There are posters who think that one political party is their saving grace. It may not be you, or RustyShackleford RustyShackleford , but there are people who think that if a specific party gets in, it will solve their problems or come close to it. If it doesn't apply to you, as you've stated, then I don't see why you're up in arms about it.

It isn't "made up". There are posters who think that one political party is their saving grace. It may not be you, or RustyShackleford RustyShackleford , but there are people who think that if a specific party gets in, it will solve their problems or come close to it. If it doesn't apply to you, as you've stated, then I don't see why you're up in arms about it.

I have never come across this on here, or in my 30 years of being black :lol:. You selling black folks really short man.

Of course there will be people who believe this. But I assure you....the majority of black folks do not think the Democratic Party is a savior to their problems 🤦🏾‍♂️🙄

Back
Top Bottom