***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Is there anything that can be done to stop them from forcing someone through, short of the gop playing by their own rules?

2014, people were warned that losing the Senate would be catastrophic, and a low turnout election allowed the GOP to take it

2016, people were warned this would be the most important election in recent history, and folk still sat at home

2020, people need to realize that they either show up to the polls and fight or America become a full fledged fascist state

This might be the last even reasonably fair election we get in your lifetime if Trump wins.

Man.....what can even be done now? If the election goes to the Supreme Court to be decided, that's pretty much a wrap right? 2020, man.

somebody correct me if I´m wrong but at this point we´re outside the letters. a big dramatic spending strike might speak pretty loud...can´t even hope for an unfortunate event like blocked roads or cut power to delay hearings like you could normally, given that half the country is waiting for some financial help to be approved.

it is, indeed, a cluster****.

Remember that upholding the Afforable Care Act was also a 5-4 decision, with Ginsberg in the majority of course.
If Trump replaces Ginsberg, that's practically a guarantee the ACA will be completely invalidated.

People need to show up and vote.

But I swear, whenever the Dems get back into power, they need to grow some balls collectively and play the same game the GOP has been playing for decades. The hell with the moral high ground. The GOP plays to stupid, uneducated low information voters by dumbing things down and being intentionally misleading, do the same. The GOP gerrymanders and tries to suppress the vote. Do the same to conservatives. You know Mitch McConnell is going to pull his bs. Openly disrespect and delegitimize him. Hopefully someone can assassinate him, but I don’t see that happening. But they need to out GOP the GOP. Politics is a dirty game.

Four Republicans would have to agree stop this.

Trump is filling this seat

I think he won't fill it, what's a better way to motivate squishy republicans and turn out the base than an open supreme court seat.

i think he will fake try to fill it,

and when it fails, he will say vote for me and my second term and then i will fill it.

Back
Top Bottom