***Official Political Discussion Thread***

if republicans try to jam someone through.. good lord that shh is going back fire big time

unless the Russian hacking is THAT great and they’re literally accessing the computers

I think he won't fill it, what's a better way to motivate squishy republicans and turn out the base than an open supreme court seat.

i think he will fake try to fill it,

and when it fails, he will say vote for me and my second term and then i will fill it.

would be interesting if Moscow ***** thought along these lines and stole this plan to get himself reelected somehow

Rest in peace, RBG. You were too good for this country.

Trump could fill the seat but lose the election. And the Senate.

Senate Democrats need to make it clear that Trump's justice will vote against ACA and against abortion. Make them own their positions and let's see what the American people will stomach.

I don't even want to put my worst case scenario out there into the atmosphere. I just sent mass messages to get folks registered to vote (especially since its Black Voter Day), mainly because it's just action now. We're in the Endgame now. All we can control is what we can control, so I'm going to do whatever I can for these next few months. I hope this gets Democrats on the offensive for once, no more "we go high when they go low". They wanna wrestle in the mud, Dems gotta get dirty too.

I think he won't fill it, what's a better way to motivate squishy republicans and turn out the base than an open supreme court seat.

i think he will fake try to fill it,

and when it fails, he will say vote for me and my second term and then i will fill it.
He might not fill it before the election but he will fill before the year is out. No matter what happens after November 3rd.

If they do end up filling it it will be textbook "be carful what you wish for" scenario.

Democratic party will be totally radicalized, no way filibuster stands and court packing will be on the table in a real *** way.

I think that would radicalize every democrat and you would get court packing at some point.

even my guy joey manchin. :lol:
Yep it would radicalize the entire party.

It would be one of the biggest displays of hypocrisy in American political history. No centrist Dem will be able to delude themselves that the GOP wants to play fair.

It would be one of the biggest displays of hypocrisy in American political history. No centrist Dem will be able to delude themselves that the GOP was to play fair.
Yup, this would be my breaking point.

It's already "**** anybody who didn't vote for Hillary", but this would take it to another level.

I think that would radicalize every democrat and you would get court packing at some point.

even my guy joey manchin. :lol:

It would be one of the biggest displays of hypocrisy in American political history. No centrist Dem will be able to delude themselves that the GOP was to play fair.

based on the last few years I'm not optimistic of the Democratic Party growing a spine and/or playing rough, but I'm hopeful...

cfj9m.gif

They haven’t been playing fair for decades.

At some point if you don’t realize that your opposition is evil, hypocritical, and makes and breaks the rules when convenient for them and you don’t adapt and adjust when the GOP has been doing whatever they want at your expense, that’s on you.

The Dems need to get aggressive and play dirty. Go on the attack and get nasty. Simplify things. Use intimidation tactics.

I guarantee you when the GOP is on the receiving end of their own shady tactics and the Dems are beating them at their own games that all of a sudden they’ll change their tune.

Affirmative action is done. It was holding on by a thread as it is. Delk probably thinks that’s for the best anyways.
My only consolation in all this is that people like Delk will face the music now.

At least the rest of us said we did something to prevent this country from going to hell.

Delk has nothing. This falls on him as much as it falls on everybody else who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016. He's as much to blame for this as the klansmen who voted for Trump. They are equal.

I hope he's man enough to own it.

It's worth remembering that it's not enough to win the presidency. Democrats need to win the Senate.

And then they need to confer statehood to Puerto Rico, they need to expand the Supreme Court, and they need to abolish the electoral college. Or at least do one of those 3.

My only consolation in all this is that people like Delk will face the music now.

At least the rest of us said we did something to prevent this country from going to hell.

Delk has nothing. This falls on him as much as it falls on everybody else who didn't vote for Hillary in 2016. He's as much to blame for this as the klansmen who voted for Trump. They are equal.

I hope he's man enough to own it.
Mannn, people like him only care about themselves. Not that their daughter could one day need an abortion, not that the Republican Party will make it harder for their mother to vote, and not that programs that benefit people who look like them from having the opportunity to attend schools that we’ve historically been denied the opportunity to attend. None of that matters. It’s all about self.

I wonder how Delk and other Black Republicans would be able to look their potential children in the eye as they grow up in an America where their civil rights get destroyed before they even get to experience what they resembled in the first place? Or literally any Republican/non-Biden voter that isn't a white male.

Back
Top Bottom