***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Just finished watching the clip and the common denominator why these women, and I guess the majority of white women voters, voted for Trump is because he has “celebrity status.”

Celebrity status never equated to better living standards. They let themselves get caught up on empty promises, and now it sucks that we’ll never get the 4 years back because they BELIEVED in that flawed logic.

A LOT OF BULL**** HAPPENED (AND STILL HAPPENING) IN THOSE 4 YEARS.

It’s also ironic and sad that these women didn’t vote for Hillary, a WOMAN, because of what happened in the past, but were enamored by a ****ing FRAUD who had affairs and likely “grabbed them by the *****.“
This needs to be spoken about more. White women, Hispanics and other races voted for Trump. All the finger pointing at black folks is wrong and rhetoric that can become dangerous to black people safety. If Trump loses there is a segment of the US that has openly admitted they will not honor the democratic process and black folks being the blame ( by both sides) is not a good look. I know it's been a talking point but it needs to be retired. It's getting real closer we get. People need to stop spreading that useless divisive rhetoric.

I donated to Jaime Harrison and I rarely donate to non California, non leftist campaigns.

He is charismatic so he sold me on his campaign as soon as I saw him on TV. More importantly, his “Dirt Road” ad is a blue print for how Democrats can win in swing districts and even red districts. You acknowledge the alienation of non voters, then you emphasize the material stakes that do exist and as a parting shot against your opponent, emphasize that the Republican is so wedded to the National GOP’s very unpopular ideology rather than using their office to keep schools and hospitals open.

My Soros scholarship funds are flying famb. Jamie stays getting money from me.

Just finished watching the clip and the common denominator why these women, and I guess the majority of white women voters, voted for Trump is because he has “celebrity status.”

Celebrity status never equated to better living standards. They let themselves get caught up on empty promises, and now it sucks that we’ll never get the 4 years back because they BELIEVED in that flawed logic.

A LOT OF BULL**** HAPPENED (AND STILL HAPPENING) IN THOSE 4 YEARS.

It’s also ironic and sad that these women didn’t vote for Hillary, a WOMAN, because of what happened in the past, but were enamored by a ****ing FRAUD who had affairs and likely “grabbed them by the *****.“

This is spot on :lol: Western PA outside of the Pittsburgh Metro Area, is so friggin backwards. That area where the American house was, is struggling financially, and yet, they flocked to a dude that wasn't going to help them. Westmoreland County and any other county in PA outside of Allegheny, Dauphin, and Philly is like driving through another state.

Shout out to Pennsyltucky

Still funny looking back at supposedly smart people "he's a businessman, he'll run the country like a business". It's almost like no one outside of NY knew what a **** businessman he was.

People are dumb man. Assume that because someone is filthy rich they have good business sense AND that it would automatically translate to office.

He's a trust fund baby.

This needs to be spoken about more. White women, Hispanics and other races voted for Trump. All the finger pointing at black folks is wrong and rhetoric that can become dangerous to black people safety. If Trump loses there is a segment of the US that has openly admitted they will not honor the democratic process and black folks being the blame ( by both sides) is not a good look. I know it's been a talking point but it needs to be retired. It's getting real closer we get. People need to stop spreading that useless divisive rhetoric.

nah this ain’t on black people.. black people, especially black women are the ones who did the right thing then and now

NOW the Democratic Party needs to realize how important that voting block is to their success and prioritize them.. motivating black people to go through the BS they get put through to vote has to be a major priority

and if elected they need to put in safeguards that make it easy for all americans to access their right to vote.. democrats win if people vote.. republicans need low turnout and shenanigans

but that was one of the many many many dominoes of why Hillary lost, lower turnout by black voters.. there other more obvious ones.. but given Hillary lost by about 80,000 collectively over a few swing states, it’s not hard to figured where votes can be picked up by the losing party

This is spot on :lol: Western PA outside of the Pittsburgh Metro Area, is so friggin backwards. That area where the American house was, is struggling financially, and yet, they flocked to a dude that wasn't going to help them. Westmoreland County and any other county in PA outside of Allegheny, Dauphin, and Philly is like driving through another state.

Shout out to Pennsyltucky
Used to think of Philly and Pittsburgh with PA, but first time rolling through you realize parts are more farmland and country than the south.

5zaxmdw1oss51.jpg

He’s a trust fund failure. He has no real money, just credit and debt.

You know Trump’s BEYOND BROKE when he started charging his own security detail with the idea that he’ll profit off this presidency to ultimately pay off a TINY FRACTION of his debt.

Suckers like his supporters EAT THAT **** and just brush it off like Stockholm Syndrome status.

Still funny looking back at supposedly smart people "he's a businessman, he'll run the country like a business". It's almost like no one outside of NY knew what a **** businessman he was.
The Apprentice hid the warts, as well as his name all over buildings. There is a reason nielsen ratings means so much to him. He knows that there is where the gullible lives and breathes.

It's sad this country has gotten to a point that nothing negative can come out about any politician that'll have an impact. The media keeps revealing all this embezzlement, fraud, cheating in polls, etc and not a single thing has happened.

Yeah we can go out and vote but then another corrupt AF Person will pop up in some city/state and people will read the article and say "damn that's ****ed up" and the politician will go about their business
Simply put, there is no mechanism at the federal level to remove politicians who have failed the public from their role (I've seen attempts at recall elections in WI a few years ago - Scott Walker) We have a primitive democracy that doesn't allow the general public to express their disapproval and demand change in between elections. There are no referendums outside of election season and no vote of non confidence in the middle of a Congressional session.

That's why the idea that the Founding Father's created the perfect democracy always makes me chuckle. My view, in light of how easy it has been to break the US political system, is that they democratized aristocracy and by giving the leaders of this country the option to take back or bypass the power of the people to govern.

nah this ain’t on black people.. black people, especially black women are the ones who did the right thing then and now

NOW the Democratic Party needs to realize how important that voting block is to their success and prioritize them.. motivating black people to go through the BS they get put through to vote has to be a major priority

and if elected they need to put in safeguards that make it easy for all americans to access their right to vote.. democrats win if people vote.. republicans need low turnout and shenanigans

but that was one of the many many many dominoes of why Hillary lost, lower turnout by black voters.. there other more obvious ones.. but given Hillary lost by about 80,000 collectively over a few swing states, it’s not hard to figured where votes can be picked up by the losing party
One of the myths that need to be deaded in the black community is that not voting will make a political party care about you more. I don't know how that dumb **** started but it's far too pervasive. "Maybe if republicans keep winning we'll finally get what we want" makes no logical sense. Hell Briahna Joy Gray was just crowing on twitter yesterday about a debate she had with Chomsky where she argued that exact point. It's stupid and I'm tired of hearing it.

Back
Top Bottom