***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I saw this earlier. I would need to see the facts of the case, but the hostile or abusive work environment standard is generally pretty high. And it is generally not met with one instance of outrageous conduct.

She did acknowledge how wrong the use of that word is. I would need to read the case get a better sense of the reasoning she applied to the facts of that particular case.

LOL
13-15%
This dude said leverage...

If you want to talk about more than immigration and black on black crime and be more than the black nodding head when *they* talk about tough-on-crime policies, they shut you up real quick.
That's the context in which you should put the HBCU funding and the First step: two half-assed attempts at placating "the Blacks." Obviously, the spell has worked on you.

Dis dude did say leverage 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ask Michael Steele what kinda leverage he had as soon as Barack gave the white house keys to Donald. The brother got the boot reaaal quick.
What kinda leverage are you gonna apply to force the right to talk about police brutality and police reform? They don't even acknowledge systemic racism exists. Pence said so during the debate!

Leverage...

Thanks for the laugh.

You misunderstand. It was to gain leverage with the party that essentially can depend on the black vote without black voters being able to depend on that party with the same intensity.

I outlined this with Rusty in the past. If the Republicans were getting 90% + of the black vote, then it would be a different conversation.

Not sure how I didn't give one reason. Arguably it is only 2 reasons, but I acknowledged that.

Arguably, the SOLE reason to vote “red” is so active, violent racist can give you the bare most scraps....with lip service legislation. And the absolute status quo and regression as a sum.

Versus a realistic chance at voting to have representatives in the house, senate & presidency... that can be held accountable and more meaningful leglistation being passed by voting against the republicans :lol:.

That’s the actual definition of possibly having leverage. What you’re implying is hustling backwards.

You’d have been the, “stay in slavery” type. And that’s the unfortunate crossroads we’re in. A clearly better vision (although imperfect, with a LONG way to go) is presented to you.....and you chose the safety of virulent white supremacist. Versus using the available tool to make the obvious decision, and go forward.

We know you

8D8756BF-9B8A-48A4-8C1F-0D50E661A6AE.jpeg

Trump could come right up to Delk with the Proud Boys at his side and cough directly in his face and he'd still vote for him. There's one party that's trying to aggressively roll back decades of legislation that black folks fought and gave their lives for and he's still peddling this nonsense. Just despicable man.

Arguably, the SOLE reason to vote “red” is so active, violent racist can give you the bare most scraps....with lip service legislation. And the absolute status quo and regression as a sum.

Versus a realistic chance at voting to have representatives in the house, senate & presidency... that can be held accountable and more meaningful leglistation being passed by voting against the republicans :lol:.

That’s the actual definition of possibly having leverage. What you’re implying is hustling backwards.

You’d have been the, “stay in slavery” type. And that’s the unfortunate crossroads we’re in. A clearly better vision (although imperfect, with a LONG way to go) is presented to you.....and you chose the safety of virulent white supremacist. Versus using the available tool to make the obvious decision, and go forward.

We know you

8D8756BF-9B8A-48A4-8C1F-0D50E661A6AE.jpeg

I'm old enough to remember how racist America was before Trump.

I'm old enough to remember the impact of the Crime bill.

If Trump were to be replaced by Biden in January, what is the dramatic shift that you expect in relation to black americans?

Serious question.

If you get a chance you should do some research on the hostile work environment standard under Title VII.

as I am not a southern black American, I will never try to comprehend how or why a supervisor saying that to me wouldn’t be viewed as hostile

but my first week in high school in Jacksonville, Florida a white kid said that same dumb shh to me and I promptly proceeded to drop kick him in his chest. And me and my 3 other black friends from the caribbean beat the crap out of 4 white boys

the school seemed to think we were justified for our actions, especially after a conversation with my lawyer mother

Wait this dude Ted Cruz really called birth control “abortion inducing drug”

no wonder he let trump talk about his wife that way

As always, this is the best, most effective form of birth control.
2D871EC8-ABA3-4662-83CB-0B81948A8674.jpeg

as I am not a southern black American, I will never try to comprehend how or why a supervisor saying that to me wouldn’t be viewed as hostile

but my first week in high school in Jacksonville, Florida a white kid said that same dumb shh to me and I promptly proceeded to drop kick him in his chest. And me and my 3 other black friends from the caribbean beat the crap out of 4 white boys

the school seemed to think we were justified for our actions, especially after a conversation with my lawyer mother

Props for that. Serves those idiots right. Sorry that happened to you.

To get back to the case, was this a situation where a white person used that word towards a black person? That isn't really clear from the post.

Props for that. Serves those idiots right. Sorry that happened to you.

To get back to the case, was this a situation where a white person used that word towards a black person? That isn't really clear from the post.

you’re the one looking for an excuse for the use of that would by a supervisor

might as well claim it could have been a false accusation while you at it

:wink:

I'm old enough to remember how racist America was before Trump.

I'm old enough to remember the impact of the Crime bill.

If Trump were to be replaced by Biden in January, what is the dramatic shift that you expect in relation to black americans?

Serious question.

Im old enough to know the crime Bill was universally seen at the time as necessary.....and the very people you support...many of the very same politicians thought it wasn’t extreme enough. I’m old enough to know Trump’s hand picked AG’s (both of them) were there at the time. One part of it. One part of crafting the “case for more mass incarceration”. While at the same time, pardoning the Criminals in Iran Contra and the destruction of and introduction of the crack epidemic and violence.

Im old enough to understand nuance, and to see how far Biden’s old racist *** has been pushed to a reasonable point. Where he can be a change agent (ie Lyndon B Johnson) versus a Barry Goldwater descendent (Trump). See 1964 election.

Im also aware of the legislation and platforms both parties have on the tables at all levels. And the kinds, of representatives we put in office in 2018...was only THE first wave of the kind of progressives that put PRESSURE on politicians.

AOC ain’t even 30, and look where she and them other black women done moved the Democrat line too. Not only that...but down ballot....these are the people actually now getting in the places the old stuffy career politicians have been in. And they’ve explicitly championed stuff that would change the country for better...with no cut cards.

Meanwhile, you sit on your hands...and vote for regressive racist who explicitly at every turn tell you they want to regress to an America pre anyone but white people being able to have any chance to thrive.

Cmon man. I’ve wasted enough time with the obvious. The change will not be overnight. But this is critical. Where at another point in history, where the ball can be moved forward or moved back. You seem to want to go back. We differ on that.

It took me a bit longer than I said to get back, but here is my answer, as promised.

I think there are three solid reasons for a black person to vote red in this current election:

1. Black voters are not a monolith. Pushing back on the idea that black voters are a monolith is a net positive. No matter which side you vote for, the idea that one party can depend on the black vote, when black people have not been able to equally depend on that party is problematic. Pushing back on that narrative is good for black voters as it forces both sides to introduce policies aimed at black voters;

2. Leverage. This is really just an extension of the first point. Think of it as two competing offers. The policy proposals, aimed at black people, get better when both parties are not confident in their ability to have the majority of the black
vote; and

3. Meaningful legislation. This is really my go-to in here, but it depends on the Republicans retaining the Senate. As we saw with the First Step Act and Fair Chance Act, this administration has the ability to get legislation passed that got obstructed under prior administrations. So, the direct positive is that more can probably get passed under a second Trump term (if the Republicans retain the Senate) than under a Biden term (if the Republicans keep the Senate). Obviously if the Dems flip the Senate it doesn't matter.

You mention that your girl is latina, what are her thoughts re: Trump? @iheartboost
Why is there no mention of the possibility that Biden takes the presidency and the Democrats take back the Senate?

Im old enough to know the crime Bill was universally seen at the time as necessary.....and the very people you support...many of the very same politicians thought it wasn’t extreme enough. I’m old enough to know Trump’s hand picked AG’s (both of them) were there at the time. One part of it. One part of crafting the “case for more mass incarceration”. While at the same time, pardoning the Criminals in Iran Contra and the destruction of and introduction of the crack epidemic and violence.

Im old enough to understand nuance, and to see how far Biden’s old racist *** has been pushed to a reasonable point. Where he can be a change agent (ie Lyndon B Johnson) versus a Barry Goldwater descendent (Trump). See 1964 election.

Im also aware of the legislation and platforms both parties have on the tables at all levels. And the kinds, of representatives we put in office in 2018...was only THE first wave of the kind of progressives that put PRESSURE on politicians.

AOC ain’t even 30, and look where she and them other black women done moved the Democrat line too. Not only that...but down ballot....these are the people actually now getting in the places the old stuffy career politicians have been in. And they’ve explicitly championed stuff that would change the country for better...with no cut cards.

Meanwhile, you sit on your hands...and vote for regressive racist who explicitly at every turn tell you they want to regress to an America pre anyone but white people being able to have any chance to thrive.

Cmon man. I’ve wasted enough time with the obvious. The change will not be overnight. But this is critical. Where at another point in history, where the ball can be moved forward or moved back. You seem to want to go back. We differ on that.

In all of that you didn't answer the question. I'll ask again. What is the dramatic shift that you think will happen as it relates to black americans if Biden takes office in January 2021?

Oh ok, got it. The Democrats are favored to win the Presidency and flip the Senate and would pass more meaningful legislation. You're saying black people should vote for the party that is less likely to win and more likely to do more harm than good?

I think that a person that thinks the Dems are going to flip the senate, retain the house, and win the Presidency should vote for the Dems.

In the event that doesn't happen, or someone doesn't think that it will happen, I think that what I posted is the better option.

Back
Top Bottom