***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Wait this dude Ted Cruz really called birth control “abortion inducing drug”

no wonder he let trump talk about his wife that way

Has the herd immunity thing worked anywhere so far?
What they're talking about is not even herd immunity.
Herd immunity: vaccinating all who can be vaccinated so that those who can't (because they don't tolerate the side effects of the vaccine) can be protected without taking it.
What the white house is doing: culling the herd, trimming the fat, survival of the fittest, death panels.

Everytime JOKEORY comes home he looks shook.

giphy (4).gif

can someone point me to some information to refute this bull**** that my FIL texted to us?

it’s not even on fox news. it’s not even on breitbart lol. what kinda nonsense is this?!
40F8BDAF-15EF-4989-80FD-D792762C66BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Me waiting for six years for other Coloradans finally realize how much of Scumbag JOKEORY Gardner is.

waiting.gif

my boss lives way up the mountain in evergreen, colorado. i’m pretty sure he’s a trump supporter. he used to be a big fan of obama. maybe moving to the mainland got him radicalized :lol:

Well, enlighten me, I'm open mided, im black and young, tell me, or... explain to me why I should vote red, the benefits IN THIS CURRENT election. I don't care about the republican values of the past, I want to know why, as a young black man in TODAYS America, that voting republican is benefical for me (us).

BTW, I have a 3y/o that is black/spanish and my girl is latina. That plays a heavy role.

It's a serious question.

It took me a bit longer than I said to get back, but here is my answer, as promised.

I think there are three solid reasons for a black person to vote red in this current election:

1. Black voters are not a monolith. Pushing back on the idea that black voters are a monolith is a net positive. No matter which side you vote for, the idea that one party can depend on the black vote, when black people have not been able to equally depend on that party is problematic. Pushing back on that narrative is good for black voters as it forces both sides to introduce policies aimed at black voters;

2. Leverage. This is really just an extension of the first point. Think of it as two competing offers. The policy proposals, aimed at black people, get better when both parties are not confident in their ability to have the majority of the black
vote; and

3. Meaningful legislation. This is really my go-to in here, but it depends on the Republicans retaining the Senate. As we saw with the First Step Act and Fair Chance Act, this administration has the ability to get legislation passed that got obstructed under prior administrations. So, the direct positive is that more can probably get passed under a second Trump term (if the Republicans retain the Senate) than under a Biden term (if the Republicans keep the Senate). Obviously if the Dems flip the Senate it doesn't matter.

You mention that your girl is latina, what are her thoughts re: Trump? iheartboost iheartboost

Last edited:
It took me a bit longer than I said to get back, but here is my answer, as promised.

I think there are three solid reasons for a black person to vote red in this current election:

1. Black voters are not a monolith. Pushing back on the idea that black voters are a monolith is a net positive. No matter which side you vote for, the idea that one party can depend on the black vote, when black people have not been able to equally depend on that party is problematic. Pushing back on that narrative is good for black voters as it forces both sides to introduce policies aimed at black voters;

2. Leverage. This is really just an extension of the first point. Think of it as two competing offers. The policy proposals, aimed at black people, get better when both parties are not confident in their ability to have the majority of the black
vote; and

3. Meaningful legislation. This is really my go-to in here, but it depends on the Republicans retaining the Senate. As we saw with the First Step Act and Fair Chance Act, this administration has the ability to get legislation passed that got obstructed under prior administrations. So, the direct positive is that more can probably get passed under a second Trump term (if the Republicans retain the Senate) than under a Biden term (if the Republicans keep the Senate). Obviously if the Dems flip the Senate it doesn't matter.

You mention that your girl is latina, what are her thoughts re: Trump?

You ain’t give that man one damn reason :lol:

listed two things twice :rofl:

🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

vote; and

You mention that your girl is latina, what are her thoughts re: Trump? iheartboost iheartboost

vote; and

4. Republicans cut oversight into a EIDL program that allowed me to steal $1,000 from other needy businesses.

vote; and

LOL
13-15%
This dude said leverage...

If you want to talk about more than immigration and black on black crime and be more than the black nodding head when *they* talk about tough-on-crime policies, they shut you up real quick.
That's the context in which you should put the HBCU funding and the First step: two half-assed attempts at placating "the Blacks." Obviously, the spell has worked on you.

Dis dude did say leverage 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ask Michael Steele what kinda leverage he had as soon as Barack gave the white house keys to Donald. The brother got the boot reaaal quick.
What kinda leverage are you gonna apply to force the right to talk about police brutality and police reform? They don't even acknowledge systemic racism exists. Pence said so during the debate!

Leverage...

Thanks for the laugh.

Back
Top Bottom