***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I was virtue signaling like a lefty, it was tongue in cheek

to be honest race is the most boring thing to me from a biological perspective, which is my training. It really fascinates me that humans are still obsessed by skin pigmentation that can so easily be explained biologically
Alright now you just asking to get Rafer Alston'ed

I can't get over mans saying "feeling oppressed". Like it is just some mental state black America can't shake. :rofl:

Mans wants to give the whole community a pep talk like...

jesus. I didn’t mean feeling like you feel oppressed but you’re really not oppressed

I meant feeling like you feel the burden of it. Like in everyday life you feel that something is holding you back

All this wildness happening tonight in here and Meff coming through with the merch

MV5BMjAyMjY1OTkzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg2ODU2MjE@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You people are so small, tiny! I am trained to ignore the sensationalism of race, because those of you who talk about it? Are the racists! ALL LIVES MATTER! :rofl: :rofl: :wow:

that’s not fair. I’m saying I can’t believe there are ignorant people who can judge someone based on skin pigmentation in 2020 when the human brain should have evolved past that by now. We as a species know why someone has darker skin yet we still look down on them for it. It’s fascinating and saddening

I really hurt for what’s happening in this country. I truly do. I’ve hooped since I was 8, been around black people my whole life. Hip hop sneaker culture everything. Bought my first Tribe album in 1992 lol

It hurts me that they are hurting. I hope the nation can heal. America has deep issues

I just feel a lot of times we take for granted all the GOOD this country has to offer. But I also understand when you feel oppressed then you’re not trying to hear all that.
You can surround yourself with something, but you'll never understand the real experience until you become the thing you wanted to understand. Fortunately some people have the luxury of not experiencing hardships, bad luck, discrimination, racism, or whatever. Unfortunately some people do. Multiply this by hundreds, thousands of years.

I was virtue signaling like a lefty, it was tongue in cheek

to be honest race is the most boring thing to me from a biological perspective, which is my training. It really fascinates me that humans are still obsessed by skin pigmentation that can so easily be explained biologically
Glad you're entertaining yourself with "tongue in cheek" comments. "What's that, you say you're oppressed? Sorry you FEEL that way. I love black people, foshizzle my nizzle hahaha :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:".

that’s not fair. I’m saying I can’t believe there are ignorant people who can judge someone based on skin pigmentation in 2020 when the human brain should have evolved past that by now. We as a species know why someone has darker skin yet we still look down on them for it. It’s fascinating and saddening
Who created racism, and then why?! There is no WE in the equation.

"that's a black and white photo"

disturbing, especially considering that millions of people protested for weeks that turned into months because a black man was murdered for the world to see.
wavycrocket wavycrocket JUST started the convo about how people view these photos as if they're relics of a bygone age because they're in b&w when in reality many people alive today can remember those times. Multiple posters brought up their parents being one of the first to integrate in their areas. And then here comes this man to tell us all about how long ago it was when we just had a conversation about how it wasn't long ago at all.

Who created racism, and then why?! There is no WE in the equation.

we as humans look down on other humans for having darker skin. Whether it be whites and blacks, light skin Indians being racist to dark skin Indians, light skin Asians vs darker Asians etc

You can surround yourself with something, but you'll never understand the real experience until you become the thing you wanted to understand. Fortunately some people have the luxury of not experiencing hardships, bad luck, discrimination, racism, or whatever. Unfortunately some people do. Multiply this by hundreds, thousands of years.

Give him some credit. He's faced second hand oppression

Malcolm x said it perfectly in his book

he talks about the argument whites use against black by bringing up “foreigners that come here and do good, work hard and make something of themselves so you guys should be able to also!”

but what whites fail to acknowledge is the fact that those same whites looked at blacks as subhuman. Sure those immigrants didn’t get preferential treatment but at least they were humanized. The blacks were subhuman to them. Malcolm x so damn ahead of his time

ps im not black. So I am not speaking from a bias perspective.

And that is awful to the max. Can’t bring the “yea but...” comments in here and not expect backlash.

my initial reaction to the photo after thinking how horrifying it was, was that thankfully lynchings in this country were happening more than half a century ago whereas in some countries it’s still happening today. I see how that was insensitive of me to say. And even inaccurate, as some pointed out there are suspicions that lynchings are still happening in this country today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom