***Official Political Discussion Thread***

i sure hope so! My housewarming will be in the mines since I never leave them. Hope you can come!

it’s gonna be a gradual transition. Over the years, I’m gonna at least be in Minneapolis in the summer working for 4 more years.
I think that'll be a good thing. Moving is hard, so returning to a familiar libbie hellhole like Minneapolis will help you appreciate the Dakota mines that much more.

I think that'll be a good thing. Moving is hard, so returning to a familiar libbie hellhole like Minneapolis will help you appreciate the Dakota mines that much more.

:lol: the way I see it is the government isn’t in the business of helping people these days blue or red state so I might as well go where it’s cheap. Or better yet make Minneapolis money and take it to so dak.

vote for pro union and people with good policies there, piss people off and turn it into the next denver.

you’re right, I dread coming back to the hell hole Minneapolis is. I’m going through black lung withdrawals as we speak. 🗣🗣 cough in my face bro!

man you know what’s crazy? The weather there is amazing compared to Minneapolis.

The way I see it is I don’t get anything for the cost of living here in Minneapolis and I need room to roam. It’s not like the rest of the state there. The black hills got their own thing going on and disregard their idiot governor.

the land is 10 minutes from deadwood. :lol: I saw this gem there the other day...

637E80C9-A5E5-451B-852C-3C1EB031E3CA.jpeg

I figure I’ll go there and be a lib and ruin the state. That’s what this country needs.
That's some of the most boomer facebook meme **** I've ever seen :lol:

He's more of a banker elite 400k per speech kinda guy than a grassroots community organizer and he's acting like it. That's why I feel there is a disconnect.
Dude was broke and in debt before he ran for the Illinois State senate; he was one failed election away from retiring from politics and go back to teaching; he took his Harvard education to work in the South Side of Chicago, even though his academic achievements opened to the door to more prestigious and lucrative opportunities.
The money for the Obama's started coming in with book advances when he won his seat and his national profile rose.
What is the disconnect? I am not being coy, I am genuinely curious, his recent statements are in line with his entire political career, senate included........

Every former president is a 400k per speech kind of guy
I don't know why that pisses off some people. Why is it reasonable for some people to expect Obama not to enter the public speaking/book writing game after two terms in the white house?

Dude was broke and in debt before he ran for the Illinois State senate; he was one failed election away from retiring from politics and go back to teaching; he took his Harvard education to work in the South Side of Chicago, even though his academic achievements opened to the door to more prestigious and lucrative opportunities.
The money for the Obama's started coming in with book advances when he won his seat and his national profile rose.

I don't know why that pisses off some people. Why is it reasonable for some people to expect Obama not to enter the public speaking/book writing game after two terms in the white house?
The dude's analysis of Obama pretty much follows those of many left-wing leftists that hate the Democratic Party. Once Obama disagrees with the far left a ****storm comes his way. Even though he does it in the most measured and nuanced way. There are people on the left that are too damn reactionary about Barack Obama.

While many conservative politicians and right-wing media figures had recently held out hope that Wood and Powell’s longshot lawsuits could overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory, the Trumpist lawyers’ call to Republicans to sit out the pivotal Senate races was a bridge too far. The Trump campaign now seeks to distance itself from Wood by painting him as a Democratic operative working against the president

Newt:
“Lin Wood and Sidney Powell are totally destructive,” he blared on Twitter. “Every Georgia conservative who cares about America MUST vote in the runoff. Their dont vote strategy will cripple America.”

The ex-House speaker, however, didn’t mention how he helped embolden the “Stop the Steal” movement he is now actively trying to distance himself from—now that its adherents pose a threat to Republican control of the Senate.

Just days after the election, when it was apparent that Biden was going to secure a decisive electoral victory, the current Fox News contributor called on Attorney General Bill Barr to send in federal agents to arrest election workers while saying election results in Pennsylvania should be tossed

Days later, he said Trump’s loss was due to a “corrupt, stolen election,” blaming it on a “left-wing power grab financed by people like George Soros, deeply laid in at the local level.” Gingrich invoking the liberal philanthropist and longtime right-wing bogeyman in a “rigged” election scheme coincided with Powell’s bonkers claim that Soros was involved in an international conspiracy to use Dominion voting software to steal millions of votes from Trump.

Following Gingrich’s tweet, journalists and media figures ridiculed the former speaker for trying to disown the “Frankenstein’s monster” that he helped create. Many joked that Hugo Chávez much have gotten to Gingrich, referencing Powell’s outrageous claim that the long-dead Venezuelan dictator was involved in the fantastical plot to use corrupt software to flip Trump votes to Biden.

“Don’t listen to Newt! Chavez is stealing your votes,” national-security attorney Bradley Moss tweeted on Thursday morning.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

no wall, no coal, no freedom! That’s it. I’m not voting ever again!
I almost forgot about the big, beautiful wall.

I have a plan though. It's a little thing I read about called "reverse psychology." Vote for the Democrats to own the libs!

Speaking of coal, that industry is on its last legs. The cost of renewable energy is so cheap now that it is not only hurt coal, it is hurting natural gas.

One breakthrough in battery production and it is game over, not even GOP lower EPA enforcement will able to stop the bleeding.

Coal.PNG

Maybe those coal miners should have taken Hillary up on her retraining offer.

But something something, liberal elite, something something neoliberal capitalist, something something I want my job back.

I was gonna let him have that one because it was too funny. It was so Delkish, even though I know he didn't intend it to be that way. :lol:

Over the years my guy will use any evidence, no matter how strong or flimsy, to make claims that border on reaches, and he will say he is certain he is right

But when it comes to saying Mitch McConnell might not be interested in bipartisanship, he can't call it :lol:
oh im guessing no. id bet no.

but im leaving out the possibility, that bidens senate magic is real or the mitch thinks getting something done might help keep him pat toomey and ron jonsons seat.

prob not tho

but either way. defunding the police is a hard no. as I think it's dumb and counter productive.

The question of McConnell being interested in bipartisanship for something that will immediately benefit Black/Brown people in urban areas :lol:.

My girl and family find me to be someone who can be pedantic due to my desire to be right. About to start showing them Osh’s posts and let them know how much worse it could be. :lol:

this very weird to me.

how is mitch McConnel's recalcitrance and argument for bad policy?

Back
Top Bottom