***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I do not agree with notions that he is like Hitler. Far from it.

Instead, what I believe we are seeing is a president who is deeply narcissistic and lightly taps into certain fascist principles.

Fascists like Hitler, Mussolini, ... were obviously far more extreme in enforcing certain principles, but they also had a consistent idea of their ideal fascist world. A goal for the state/world to strive towards, by any means necessary. Trump doesn't. His rhetoric is all over the place. He lacks a coherent fascist ideology.

Trump seems to care about himself and himself only. He exploits the fears/prejudice of Americans because it is an effective indoctrination tactic, telling them what they want to hear to rile them up and support him. Not because he wants to set in motion the road to a fascist state.

He is simply a narcissistic populist demagogue. Which could lead to actual fascism down the road but that seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Kellyanne Conway just coined a term on Chuck Todd earlier for the BS coming out of the administration daily,"alternative facts"
roll.gif
roll.gif

The post-truth/fact era is alive and well
sick.gif
,let the anti-intellectualism run rampant
@alternative facts 
indifferent.gif

These people are ridiculous 
mean.gif

She is saying that saying something is enough for it to be considered as fact that is shameful.

Last edited:
I do not agree with notions that he is like Hitler. Far from it.
Instead, what I believe we are seeing is a president who is deeply narcissistic and lightly taps into certain fascist principles.
Fascists like Hitler were obviously far more extreme in enforcing certain principles, but they also had a consistent idea of their ideal fascist world. A goal for the state/world to strive towards, by any means necessary. Trump doesn't. His rhetoric is all over the place. He lacks a coherent fascist ideology.
Trump seems to care about himself and himself only. He exploits the fears/prejudice of Americans because it is an effective indoctrination tactic, telling them what they want to hear to rile them up and support him. Not because he wants to set in motion the road to a fascist state.
He is simply a narcissistic populist demagogue. Which could lead to actual fascism down the road but that seems unlikely.
I think your assessment is pretty accurate.

trump lacks or is incapable of many of the things that allowed people like hitler to gain widespread support and turn it into action.

like the CIA thing yesterday. they got their fraction of supporters in the agency to show up and cheer and fox news will play it up, but most of the agency as especially the senior leadership are thinking
wtf?

False equivalency

actually no.

Oh? Three straight voting cycles have been supposedly undermined by an external source. Both sides accusing each other of doing essentially the same thing.
if you want to focus on a narrow patch of equivalency, then yes: after nearly every election that is somewhat close, someone on the other side is going to complain. whether it's losing by 2 points in a basketball game or losing out on the class president elections. that's where the equivalency ends.

False equivalency

actually no.

Oh? Three straight voting cycles have been supposedly undermined by an external source. Both sides accusing each other of doing essentially the same thing.

Example of "no facts" right here.

Trump's relationship with Russia and its banks is fact, admitted by Trump's son himself.

Trump's first campaign manager as well as many members of his cabinet have deep political ties with the Kremlin too.

When has that been the case for Obama?

Stop trying to create equivalencies where they don't exist.

False equivalency

actually no.

No, you making a false equivalency

-First off, the conservative attacks were just based on racism and bigotry. Even if Obama was not born in America, he would have still been eligible to be President.

Even many in the Republican Party didn't even entertain that nonsense. Like John McCain.

You know, they guy Obama ran against in 2008, and was not born in America either.

This went on for years, their was a whole racist birther movment, headline by our current president

-Our intelligence agencies are saying they have evidence that Russia hack the DNC and spread false information our there in an effort to get Trump elected.

Liberals are not saying the election itself were hacked. Only a had full of liberals, John Lewis most famous, called him illegitimate. Liberals have not started a movement to call Trump illegimate because "Russia hacked the election"

You think you "telling it like it is" or "dropping knowledge" but you're just making a silly comparsion.

"Da indepedent" strikes again.

Kellyanne Conway just coined a term on Chuck Todd earlier for the BS coming out of the administration daily,"alternative facts" :rofl: :rofl:

The post-truth/fact era is alive and well :x ,let the anti-intellectualism run rampant

@alternative facts :stoneface:

These people are ridiculous :smh:  

She is saying that saying something is enough for it to be considered as fact that is shameful.

I watched the video :smh: :x

this world lacks mature thinkers.

many people are incapable of judging information and people like Kellyanne Conway are enabling them.

:smh:

Last edited:
Drumpf is going to use even greater distraction tactics like he did yesterday top keep the masses oblivious to things like appointing that dude who's in favor gutting the voting rights act...stay woke. It started with tweeks now he has this clown Spicer as a mouthpiece to do his bidding.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Alternative Facts"

Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Are the same people that collected into on Iraq, the same people that collected into on Russia this year? Hmmm

Also, it is known Bush embellished the intelligence at the time LINK

In addition...

It was intelligence agents, that went back and investigated the errors that were made.

-Anyone could see that the hacks and false news that were spread last years, was mainly intended to hurt Hillary Clinton. But you can keep playing dumb if you would like.

Last edited:
Are the same people that collected into on Iraq, the same people that collected into on Russia this year? Hmmm

Also, it is known Bush embellished the intelligence at the time LINK

In addition...

It was intelligence agents, that went back and investigated the errors that were made.

-Anyone could see that the hacks and false news that were spread last years, was mainly intended to hurt Hillary Clinton. But you can keep playing dumb if you would like.

Same individuals? Debatable.

Same people? For sure. Intelligence agencies have been lying since their inception. I lurk this thread, you guys are too smart to be this naive regarding the credibility of intelligence agencies.

in all seriousness everything thats been going on since the election has made my head spin and it's not getting any better. 

i truly feel like im in the twilight zone. these are some scary times. 

its scary how misinformed people are and how people are truly getting deceived by this administration .

and contrary to popular belief it's not just unintelligent people. i work with some of these people and they are absolutely choosing to believe the false narrative trump is feeding them. 

Liberals are not saying the election itself were hacked. Only a had full of liberals, John Lewis most famous, called him illegitimate. Liberals have not started a movement to call Trump illegimate because "Russia hacked the election"

To be fair, there was a YouGov poll posted here not too long ago that showed ~50% of Clinton voters believe Russia successfully tampered w/ vote counts to get Trump elected.

Back
Top Bottom