***Official Political Discussion Thread***

-I have no desire for anyone to burn in hell besides probably Trump himself. I have said multiple times I want economic security for even the worst of the 60% you mentioned.

-Forgiving people that don't deserve to be forgiven is not just politics for some, it is literally what is like to try to be a person of color in American while trying to be optimistic about the country. Probably every single Democratic candidate (and I do mean all) have committed acts of white supremacy, and frankly don't deserve to be forgiven. Yet most of them were. So please, I'm not in the mood to be lectured about forgiveness.

-Secondly, please read what you are saying. So now the Democrat strategy is telling minorities that your *** won't get kicked because, hey "democrats". Yes, Democrats are better than Republicans, progressive ones better than centrist, but with all due respect, what is going stop minorities from feeling the same level of alienation that folk in the Rust Belt now claim they feel about the Dems? And the plan is just to market to minorities that they need to cast their votes to prevent an *** kicking?

And I know the comeback is govern different than you campaign, but then you're asking minorities to take a leap of faith, and trust voters that have shown they are ready and willing to throw them under the bus at anything time. And frankly, trust white progressive legislators that routinely act like the issues of minorities are secondary.

I understand winning is important. Getting as many democrats in office is important, preferably with them being as progressive as possible. Trust me I want to happen.

But if excuse me that in 2017, I am not disappointed at the thought of the only way forward being that minorities know their place in the liberal tent is behind "the white working class" man.

I do believe that you're misreading what I mean about not going backward on racial issues.

The idea is to offer a compact to white people who claim to feel economically forgotten. Democrats will improve your lives economically but in exchange for that help you, white people must accept the following: People of color will also be helped in a big way, black lives do matter, we are not building an wall and we will let in refugees.

I expect a majority of whites to turn down that deal but that deal would pull in a slice of the Republican coalition and we can win big that way.

BTW, Good point about minorities being forgiving. I'm mostly frustarted at donor class Democrats, speaking for people of color and saying "let's not move to the left economically, we cannot pick off a single Trump voters so lets stay the course."

Last edited:
Vlad just loss his plug :lol:

I got two phones, comrade.

Last edited:
Now we know why Sally Yates was really fired, had nothing to do with the travel ban

Word,she tried warning folks on that too.

Definitely expecting her to have a cushy position in the next Dem administration :lol:. She's earned it through 3 weeks of Trumps presidency

Last edited:
You know Trump knew, but now he has an out to deny deny deny. Otherwise this is an impeachable offense. 

Back
Top Bottom