***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Could ya hang out or mess with a trump/GOP supporter?

Before this election? Sure.

Right now? Miss me with that. You voted for this guy:

http://www.complex.com/life/2016/10/trump-crashed-charity-event-macarena-didnt-donate

And you want me to take you serious?

He's rather violent for being so religious

The religious right cultivates the same mindset as ISIS. They don't even read the damn bible because if they did, they would know Trump is full of **** and the GOP would be the modern day equivalent of the Temple money changers and the Pharisees. If Jesus came back, they would crucify him again.

[thread="509493"]Quote:[/thread]
I beg your pardon...

Both men sugar-coated the slavery experiment while likening said experience to immigration. Neither statement justifies the faux outage that was put on display for Dr Carson. But it appears that any opportunity to belittle a black conservative can't be passed up.
you, just like the article are cherry picking anything to prove a point. tell me where Obama undermined the plight of slaves. Tell me where and when Obama said that because the article doesnt. and again like i said CONTEXT matters because what Obama is saying and Carson are saying are two separate things like i said in my post. you cant gloss over the fact that Carson says, "There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less." 

Carson is drawing comparisons to slavery as being the same struggles as immigrants coming to the country when it isn't true. you and the article seem to miss the bolded part of this with every post you make. Obama does not say anything remotely close to this but again you are cherry picking what i say to fuel a flawed comparison. 

You're being ridiculous.

I didn't gloss over anything. I simply bolded the part in Obama's statement that paralleled the part in Carson's statement that you bolded. The only reason I didn't bold the part in Carson's statement is because the statement was much shorter.

Carson said they came over "in the bottom of slave ships." How is he making the trip sound voluntary and being the same struggles as typical immigrants?

How is "worked harder and longer for less" (Carson) that far from "there was discrimination and hardships and poverty" (Obama)?

Neither man was going to stand up there and say "there was rape and culture cleansing and murder and forced labor", so they sugar coated it.

This is just a desperate and pathetic attempt to throw a black conservative under the bus.

It's obvious to me that you're the one looking past the one thing I keep bringing up every time with my post that you are avoiding again this has nothing to do with "sugar coating" anything so stop saying that. Again the context in which both men are speaking of is different and if you can't see that then you're the one with the problem and looking for a reason to have a problem so stop with this whole wanting to trash a black conservative spiel you keep talking about. So again I will keep asking you since you seem to ignore this, where did Obama at any time undermine the plight of slavery in his speeches like Carson did? And again I've pointed out the difference between slaves and immigrants. Are slaves immigrants? Sure but to say that there were immigrants that shared the same problems as slave on a socio-economic basis is still wrong and it is not fair to either to compare the two. And Obama never makes that comparison as Carson does, show me where he does that, unless you don't know what comparisons are. Not in anything you quoted from that stupid article you keep clinging to, so drop it.

yeap 
laugh.gif

Steve King says to hell with Dog Whistles, my man went full white supremacy on CNN this morning :lol: :smh:. Doubled down on that racist tweet.

http://snpy.tv/2mRVeI8

Rep. Steve King:

-"I'd like to see an America that's just so homogenous that we look a lot the same"-

He's been a POS for the longest.

Last edited:
The man is already from Iowa though, how much more homogenous does he want things to be? :lol:

It's been pleasantly surprising seeing some of his GOP colleagues call him out and try to take him to task for it, they can see where the image of their party's been heading and know that the WS rhetoric won't be conducive to the long-term sustainability and viability of their party with the demographics trending the way they are unless they put in some serious work in continuing to gerrymander. Even that's gonna become tougher given that federal courts are beginning to rule it as illegal and unconstitutional as it should be.

Inb4 Obama gets blamed somehow for "creating the divide" :lol:

Last edited:
Could ya hang out or mess with a trump/GOP supporter?
I generally get along fine with conservatives in my country and most of my friends are more towards the center or center-right, but someone who supports Trump or the actions of the GOP in the US? I can get along well with conservatives over here because they're generally quite different from US conservatives. Among my more conservative friends, the concensus on Trump is pretty much unanimously that he's an incompetent and hateful moron and that the GOP is a bunch of bitter religious nutjubs. I don't see myself getting along with anyone who supports Trump and the GOP for a number of reasons. 

Last edited:
Thats the thing that gets me with the racists and "take our country back" ppl from places like Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming etc...they living in all white towns/small cities and rarely venture into a real city with minorities or immigrants, yet they so scared of everything :lol: :smh: ..they some stupid illogical MFer's 4real

Donald Trump's senior aide Kellyanne Conway  has suggested Barack Obama could have monitored the President through a microwave.

When she was asked about Mr Trump's claims in an interview with USA Today, Ms Conway suggested the surveillance may have involved far more than wiretapping.

She said: “What I can say is there are many ways to surveil each other.

“You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of different ways.”

She claimed surveillance could be conducted with "microwaves that turn into cameras," and added:  “We know this is a fact of modern life.”

The unsubstantiated claim comes after Mr Trump's evidence-free accusation he was wiretapped by Mr Obama during the presidential election, a charge the former president denied.

FBI director James Comey has privately urged the Justice Department to dispute Mr Trump's claim, but has not come forward to do so himself. 

A senior congressional aide said the House intelligence committee asked the Trump administration to provide evidence the phones were tapped, a request reinforced by an influential Republican, Senator John McCain. 

"I think the president has one of two choices: either retract or to provide the information that the American people deserve, because, if his predecessor violated the law, President Obama violated the law, we have got a serious issue here, to say the least," the Arizona senator said. 

Mr Obama's director of national intelligence, James Clapper, has said nothing matching Mr Trump's claims had taken place.

Regardless, Mr Trump has asked Congress to investigate.

Last edited:
Yea Cali aint going anywhere BUT i can see them igonoring alotta stuff the govt trying to do...just straight up saying no to things Trump and his ppl try to implement ova there, going rogue :lol:

Yea Cali aint going anywhere BUT i can see them igonoring alotta stuff the govt trying to do...just straight up saying no to things Trump and his ppl try to implement ova there, going rogue :lol:

That's a given Jerry Brown has made it known.

That's a given Jerry Brown has made it known.
Yall lucky yall so far from the white house..its basically in my state so only so much the govt here wants to do against Trump :smh:

Steve King says to hell with Dog Whistles, my man went full white supremacy on CNN this morning
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. Doubled down on that racist tweet.

http://snpy.tv/2mRVeI8

Rep. Steve King:

-"I'd like to see an America that's just so homogenous that we look a lot the same"-

He's been a POS for the longest.
"Wherever the english language went globally, freedom went with it."

FD9eZJ.gif

Literally the exact opposite happened :lol:

LITERALLY :lol:

If he wanted to keep it all the way buck about keeping America homogenous with "real" Americans,he would've been talking about Native Americans :lol:. He wants to keep it homogenous with strictly the descendants of European immigrants who ironically came over and took over with the help of "someone else's babies" as he'd like to say.

Last edited:

Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed she will ask for permission to hold a second referendum on Scottish independence.
Ms Sturgeon said she wanted a vote to be held between the autumn of 2018 and the spring of the following year.

That would coincide with the expected conclusion of the UK's Brexit negotiations.

The Scottish first minister said the move was needed to protect Scottish interests in the wake of the UK voting to leave the EU.

She will ask the Scottish Parliament next Tuesday to request a Section 30 order from Westminster.

The order would be needed to allow a fresh legally-binding referendum on independence to be held.

Prime Minister Theresa May has so far avoided saying whether or not she would grant permission.

Responding to Ms Sturgeon's announcement, Mrs May said a second independence referendum would set Scotland on course for "uncertainty and division" and insisted that the majority of people in Scotland did not want another vote on the issue.

She added: "The tunnel vision that SNP has shown today is deeply regrettable.

"Instead of playing politics with the future of our country, the Scottish government should focus on delivering good government and public services for the people of Scotland. Politics is not a game."

But speaking at her official Bute House residence in Edinburgh, Ms Sturgeon said the people of Scotland must be offered a choice between a "hard Brexit" and becoming an independent country.

The Scottish government has published proposals which it says would allow Scotland to remain a member of the European single market even if the rest of the UK leaves, which Mrs May has said it will.

Game on. Next week Nicola Sturgeon will go to Holyrood seeking a Section 30 order for "indyref2".

This part, at least, should be pretty simple. There is a pro-independence majority at Holyrood; the Greens should back the SNP, so Holyrood should return a call for a second referendum.

Will the UK government give permission? Technically, they could say no. But politically, it might be very difficult for them to refuse outright.

The real battle here may not be over whether there is a referendum, but when.

Ms Sturgeon is clear she wants the vote to take place before Brexit is complete, in the spring of 2019.

The UK government may well argue it should take place after that, so there can be full focus on the tricky task of Brexit itself.

There remains a lot of detail to be hammered out before we get back on the campaign trail.

(see link for rest of article)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom