***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Damn, I'm pretty lucky. I think mine's only a $3k deductible!

Aren't high-deductible plans typically the result of a very low premium? Is there an option for a lower deductible with a higher premium?

Seems like the decision to choose a high-deductible plan stems from a personal assessment of the risks.

Mine is $850 (1350 minus a $500 HSA deposit) and I feel blessed. :smh:

I read on Reddit the other day someone had surgery. Insurance approved it, hospital was in network, doctor was in network, but there surgical assistant that was deemed medically necessary was out of network so they got a $13,000 bill.

How the **** can anyone be comfortable living in a country where **** like that happens.

Last edited:
Aren't high-deductible plans typically the result of a very low premium? Is there an option for a lower deductible with a higher premium?

Seems like the decision to choose a high-deductible plan stems from a personal assessment of the risks.
That is not how things work in the health insurance industry for the most part. Premiums are still high too. The deductible is a method to deter people from using their insurance.

It is not like auto insurance.

Especially since most Americans don't pick the terms of their plan.

One of the areas where they do, the ACA marketplace, high deductible plans have become commonplace because of the GOP's meddling.

Before you try to drag people into the abyss, do some research.

Because if you start acting intentionally dense as a rhetorical tactic, I'm reporting you to Meth. Srs.

That is not how things work in the health insurance industry for the most part.

It is not like auto insurance.

Especially since most Americans don't pick the terms of their plan.

One of the areas where they do, the ACA marketplace, high deductible plans have become commonplace because of the GOP's meddling.

Before you try to drag people into the abyss, do some research.

Because if you start acting intentionally dense as a rhetorical tactic, I'm reporting you to Meth. Srs.

No one is acting intentionally dense. There is no rhetorical tactic. I asked questions. I even included a question mark.

I have health insurance. I had options for plans. So I didn't realize that was not a standard in the industry. My mistake.

Like your plan, mine has a $750 or so HSA contribution with an option to add more. And the insurance company offers "rewards" in the form of visa gift cards from 1-2k. This essentially covers the deductible.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think they finally started offering a low deductible high premium option this year.

I’m lucky
For me the wife and 3 kids
I have double coverage
Through me and my wife’s job
We have no premium or copays
So we don’t pay anything for health insurance
We are very fortunate
But my in laws have medi-cal
every year we have to re enroll them
And make sure they’re covered
There meds are expensive as hell
And can change to being covered one year
And not the next

Last edited:

Yes. Our office offers various healthcare plans.. HMO or PPO and various tiers. Lowest bronze PPO plan.. it's a $5,600 deductible, and the highest is a HMO platinum with -0- deductible. Obviously if an employee chooses the Platinum, the additional premium cost difference is taken out of their paychecks.

Which candidate are you supporting and why?

In order....

1. Joe Biden—I believe he has the best chance to beat Trump and he’s obviously very knowledgeable about the job of being President.

2. Elizabeth Warren—Very substantive on policy and bringing new ideas and thinking to the political process to help the middle class.

3. Pete Buttigieg—He appears to have a way to connect with everyday regular people. Eventually however the “newness” of him is going to wear off and he’s going to have to find a way to be more direct and give specific policies that he wants to implement.

-01uff1wkek.gif

Back
Top Bottom