***Official Political Discussion Thread***

been keeping tabs on the situation over in Belarus...have a feeling it could look familiar.

background: President Lukashenko ¨won an election¨ in August, The People strongly disagree.

Students, factory workers and business owners went on strike in Belarus on Monday after President Alexander Lukashenko ignored a midnight deadline to resign.

Photos appeared to show thousands of protesters in the capital Minsk protesting the authoritarian leader on Monday.

Hundreds of students gathered outside universities clapping and chanting slogans while local media reported groups of strikers at many major state-controlled enterprises.

Protests continued throughout the day in the country with authorities detaining protesters and threatening workers planning to strike, according to Alexander Yaroshuk, leader of the Belarusian Congress of Democratic Unions, speaking to AP.

bonus: ¨no new elections until you kill me¨ (verbatim quote) is pretty bold messaging.

After watching “come and see” the first time I realized belarusins been through some **** this is probably light work for them.

yaknow, it comes to mind that the American public as a whole has never really been through Hard Times.

Europe was burned to the ground a couple generations back, Japan was way bigger at one point and nobody liked it, and the entire global south (except for that one former prison colony) is still being looted to this day.

those folks know drama.

on the other hand, Real Americans have been pretty much sailing smooth for all of living memory.

...same reason the UK is one of the only nations without an Independence Day, but that´s a separate convo.

Hey all, plugging in that I'm working as a volunteer at Pizza at the Polls. Learn how y'all can help those standing in long lines with receiving FREE pizza: https://niketalk.com/threads/the-us-election-is-coming-up-are-you-ready.691126/post-33709136

man!

I bet the intentions are good but I wouldn’t accept anything from anybody I didn’t know while waiting in line at the polls in the middle of a pandemic. Let alone remove my mask so that I could put it in my mouth!

while I wish this wasn’t the case there will be people at the polls looking to intimidate in some communities. I wouldn’t put it past some of these nut jobs to taint pizza in the name of “making america great again”!

everyone stay safe at the polls!

man!

I bet the intentions are good but I wouldn’t accept anything from anybody I didn’t know while waiting in line at the polls in the middle of a pandemic. Let alone remove my mask so that I could put it in my mouth!

everyone stay safe at the polls!

We leave it to the poll workers to watch. We understand that not everyone will want to partake but some lines are 4+ hours long to vote. Many of these orders are called in by good samaritans who kindly distribute it on our behalf.

No one should go hungry while they vote!

We leave it to the poll workers to watch. We understand that not everyone will want to partake but some lines are 4+ hours long to vote. Many of these orders are called in by good samaritans who kindly distribute it on our behalf.

No one should go hungry while they vote!

No doubt.

I hate that we live in a society where we can’t trust people enough to accept food from them in a situation such as this.

Welp. I got got today boys. Someone stole my Biden sign from my yard while no one was home this evening. What the **** is wrong with people :lol:
what you gonna do about it, huh?

that sign was just asking to be stolen. besides, I'm ashamed my neighbor wants to celebrate a loser.

I'll give you a Trump sign, free of charge.

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Trump-website.png

Honestly, I would be more surprised if Biden wins than if Trump wins

There is something very sinister going on behind the scenes

Starting to believe the Dems are intentionally propping up candidates they know no one wants because Trump's policies favor them and their donors.

Honestly, I would be more surprised if Biden wins than if Trump wins

There is something very sinister going on behind the scenes

Starting to believe the Dems are intentionally propping up candidates they know no one wants because Trump's policies favor them and their donors.
Next station on this train of thought: the DNC paid Black people throughout the South to vote for Joe Biden.

Back
Top Bottom