***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dwalk, just cut it out
I would love for one of the family members he killed to go on record saying that the legal system isn’t the only means of pursuing justice and that they’ll catch Kyle slipping and take justice into their own hands at some point but for the time being wrecking havoc on that area is not only encouraged but supported.
Vengeance would be inevitable. But quietly. No need to blast it out there, whether it's by someone or even by an act of karma. The justice system needs a very big overhaul, and no one but the victims seem to be satisfied until real justice is served.

Are you saying the two white men that were killed in this case were civil rights activists?

no. But the white dudes that were out there that got killed, were out there because of police brutality against a black men. Police brutality is a civil rights issue, and one that has historically target black people behind the forces of white supremacy.

Really easy to follow, if you were honest.

it's public school,
telling tax paying citizens they have no right to control their child's teaching is a losing hand.
just sounds like a good way to radicalize people against public schools and push people to private.

also I find the analogy pretty self aggrandizing,
if the controversies surrounding schools were about like phonics vs. whole language instructions
id be like sure parents are being dumb, phonics is clearly more effective way to teach reading and writing.

but like these arguments seem to be about history curriculum, or dei initiatives, or excessive school closures eect
they don't have like some large body of evidence, where a parent can't disagree.
Are we even talking about the same article

Seems like It is a former teacher, now a college professor is writing an opinion piece to promote a forthcoming nonfiction book. I'm I missing something. It didn't seem like this was a current teacher telling off parents

The arguments within the article seem measured, and reasonable and comparing it to racism seems kinda silly. Like she blatantly says that such issues from parents that cause emotional harm to students need to be taken seriously and dealt with

Like a few weeks ago you were worried about comedians self-censoring themselves. But now someone needs to shut up and not write a non-fiction piece?

It just seems like a non-issue to me. A former K-12 teacher has the experience, she is writing about it. People write about their former fields. Like, must everything now be about kissing the *** of the most reactionary people in society that academics need to censor their work too.

BTW, its a public school thing really seems like a flimsy argument if it is a pushback to what the author is saying.

Public doesn't mean everyone has to have veto power

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom