***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Well yeah, but the judge really should've gotten the very basics of semi-auto and full-auto right. It's not exactly hard.

I’ve just read that 59 page ruling and I can’t see that. There is one part (the part you quoted) where the phrasing is a little clumsy when it describes a large capacity magazine as effectively making any gun semi-auto (I sort of get what they mean but that’s not correct - later on it is clearer in what they meant was more shots without having to stop and reload) but it clearly describes a few times the difference between semi-auto and what they describe as a machine gun - ie fully automatic.

The process is how most court cases work - evidence is presented and experts are examined - and in this case the experts the gun people put forward were significantly less qualified than the other side - so a lot their evidence wasn’t accepted.

The conclusion was essentially that magazine size isn’t protected under the constitution, that it’s very rare for someone to require more than 10 shots for self defence, and that forcing a shooter to pause and change magazine reduces the impact of a mass shooter - so the law is reasonable.

Remember when this little twerp cried on the witness stand saying he never wanted to be in the news again and just wanted to live a quiet life out of the spotlight...

Well, thanks to Elon, he's now verified on Twitter and still hanging out with pedophiles.

I questioned what people’s actual concerns were about “drag queen story hour” in the Unpopular Opinions thread and it went about as well as you’d expect it to.

Everyone seems to deflect or stop responding when pressed on what their specific worries are. Can’t imagine why.

I wish people were forced to take economic classes in high school :smh:

The best if people blaming inflation on Biden. As if the whole world isn’t going through one and even worse since the dollar has been strong so we’ve been spared a lot of the bleeding. But the general person doesn’t understand that. That would be even if they took economics. Economics requires a basic level of HS math, and we know how your average American does in math….

I wish people were forced to take economic classes in high school :smh:
but they are...at least in my district. Seniors take a semester of Civics (American Governemt) and a semester of Economics. Granted it's the same teachers teaching the same curriculum since the '90s.

The best if people blaming inflation on Biden. As if the whole world isn’t going through one and even worse since the dollar has been strong so we’ve been spared a lot of the bleeding. But the general person doesn’t understand that. That would be even if they took economics. Economics requires a basic level of HS math, and we know how your average American does in math….

A lot of it is bad faith talking points and exaggerating stuff because the person in office isn’t affiliated with the party they like.

Had Trump won, the exact same people freaking out over Biden would be downplaying inflation, making excuses for it and using every outlandish excuse in the book to deflect blame from Trump.

Yes these are uneducated people who don’t know Jack **** about economics and don’t care to learn stuff because they think just being loud and vocal regardless if they can articulate or back their arguments makes them right. Even if they were better educated, they would still be on that same bs in most cases.

A lot of it is bad faith talking points and exaggerating stuff because the person in office isn’t affiliated with the party they like.

Had Trump won, the exact same people freaking out over Biden would be downplaying inflation, making excuses for it and using every outlandish excuse in the book to deflect blame from Trump.

Yes these are uneducated people who don’t know Jack **** about economics and don’t care to learn stuff because they think just being loud and vocal regardless if they can articulate or back their arguments makes them right. Even if they were better educated, they would still be on that same bs in most cases.

I don’t know if it’s just more blatant now or I’ve always just let it slide but most people don’t debate or have discussions in good faith anymore. They pick a side off the rip and no matter what will ride or die with it to the grave. It’s exhausting. I try to avoid engaging with a lot of folks now for that reason because it’s pointless. If anything I just make my case and let them bask in their ignorance

I don’t know if it’s just more blatant now or I’ve always just let it slide but most people don’t debate or have discussions in good faith anymore. They pick a side off the rip and no matter what will ride or die with it to the grave. It’s exhausting. I try to avoid engaging with a lot of folks now for that reason because it’s pointless. If anything I just make my case and let them bask in their ignorance

A lot of people want to have strong opinions and and controversial opinions. But they don’t like being challenged on them and having to defend/articulate them.

I think social media magnified this in that it makes some of these interactions more visible. But you’ll see some of these conservative heads complaining about inflation yapping on Facebook (a social media discussion forum), either via a public post or a post only for their friends. Only to see them get defensive and upset when people disagree or challenge their opinions. I think a lot of the defensive behavior comes from their inability to defend their argument.

I’ll sometimes troll them and push them to articulate and go further in depth with their argument, but It’s usually best to let them talk to themselves. But it’s crazy how some of the least informed people are some of the most bold and outspoken when they have minimal knowledge on said topics outside of whatever they’re spoon fed from whatever biased sources they like to get their info and talking points from.

A lot of people want to have strong opinions and and controversial opinions. But they don’t like being challenged on them and having to defend/articulate them.

This is the main point which I agree with. This past summer my friends had a baptism for their twins. Well one of our mutual friends was talking and he started talking generics and whatshoutisms about vaccines straight from the Joe Rogan podcast. I started pressing him for actual examples and he had none so he literally acted mad and got up and left the part for about an hour. People really like to sound smart but when you test them to see if they are they don’t know ****. This is America at its worse.

:smh:

1671684610190.png

Back
Top Bottom