***Official Political Discussion Thread***

DVSgLp4V4AAcwxs.jpg

Joe Biden doesn't have an open border policy. The Democratic Party doesn't support an open border policy.

Most Americans don't even understand what is happening at the border that is causing issues

Fetterman is just repeating a nativist dog whistle.

It is a lie, and it is unnecessary even if you support tougher immigration policies

Yes Biden he doesn’t have an open border policy.

There’s a very real perception that he/they does relative to the GOP. Right or wrong.
Abbott busing program has worked, it’s issue across the country.
Biden hasn’t really had a clear plan at the border. Republican have framed the issue.

A lot Democrats aren’t for relatively open borders. Fetterman is not some outlier in that aspect.

I’m in favor of open borders (well, moreso abolishing borders, and states, and all the violence required to uphold them) and I know that no one in the US Senate shares those views.

At the same time though, I can’t think of a Senate Democrat who says that immigrants are causing native born Americans to slide out of the middle class stability and into meaner, poorer, less stabile lives of low paid casualized labor.

Fetterman is telling Black/ADOS and White/Settler Pennsylvanians that it’s those Mexicans 2,000 miles away who are the cause of your misery. That’s basically “Great Replacement Theory,” that’s incitement, that’s Trumpian.

We need the left-behind people in Philadelphia and the old mining towns in Pennsylvania to be brought together into alliance with Mexican and Central American migrants. What we don’t need are any Democrats looking to pit those groups against each other.

IMO, this isn’t the gottcha the Twitter poster thinks it is.

This women was the victim of Islamophobia and anti Arab hate. In my book, that bolsters her credentials.

Citing her dismissal is like trying to discredit Rosa Parks because she got arrested for not giving up her seat.

Would a white Jewish person get fired for praising the IDF, a group that has killed 20 times more Palestinians, than Hamas has killed Israelis. We all know the answer to that question.

Also, she represents a real constituency and is not some astroturfed plant as is usually the case when the leader of an organization speaks as though they were just sone random citizen of the street.

In a perfect world, of course, her role in CAIR would be disclosed and the media would never pass off a head of an org as a random citizen; but then again, in a perfect world, Arabs wouldn’t be discriminated against and they wouldn’t be fired for defending the legitimate government of a people literally under siege by an apartheid regime.

but then again, in a perfect world, Arabs… wouldn’t be fired for defending the legitimate government of a people literally under siege by an apartheid regime.

I’m gonna need some clarification here because this to me sounds like you’re cool with supporting terrorism. Hamas is not a government, it’s a terrorist org.

This women was the victim of Islamophobia and anti Arab hate. In my book, that bolsters her credentials.

Citing her dismissal is like trying to discredit Rosa Parks because she got arrested for not giving up her seat.

Would a white Jewish person get fired for praising the IDF, a group that has killed 20 times more Palestinians, than Hamas has killed Israelis. We all know the answer to that question.

Also, she represents a real constituency and is not some astroturfed plant as is usually the case when the leader of an organization speaks as though they were just sone random citizen of the street.

In a perfect world, of course, her role in CAIR would be disclosed and the media would never pass off a head of an org as a random citizen; but then again, in a perfect world, Arabs wouldn’t be discriminated against and they wouldn’t be fired for defending the legitimate government of a people literally under siege by an apartheid regime.

why are you calling the guy speaking in the clip a “woman” and then then continue to refer to him as “she“ and “her”?

and it’s his prerogative who he votes for

but news organizations have a terrible habit of putting on these supposed independent focus groups that are supposed to represent average voters only to find out pretty easily people within that end up in front of a microphone have clear biases because of organizations they are still in

Context of what the CAIR guy said:

In a statement released Thursday, Awad wrote the website to took his remarks out of context and said in part, "What I actually said while discussing international law: Ukrainians, Palestinians and other occupied people have the right to defend themselves and escape occupation by just and legal means, but targeting civilians is never an acceptable means of doing so, which is why I have again and again condemned the violence against Israeli civilians on October 7th and past Hamas attacks on Israeli civilians

Sounds pretty reasonable thing for a Palestinian American with family likely living in the concentration camp to say.

I’m gonna need some clarification here because this to me sounds like you’re cool with supporting terrorism. Hamas is not a government, it’s a terrorist org.
Is the IDF A TERRORIST army? Killing civilians and infrastructure for political gains(ie terrorism) is literally a doctrine they subscribe to (Dahiya doctrine of collective punishment).

Legitimate governments can be terrorists.

the word “terrorism” has been so damn played out by now. Everyone is a terrorist if you don’t agree with their motives.

Isis are real terrorists (like real real terrorists) yet Israel funded them in Syria. Soo….they weren’t terrorists in those short few months? Right?

Hamas did a terroristic act in October 7… but was the IDF employing the Hannibal directive of killing their own civilians that day (unknown what percentage of the 695 civilians killed on October 7 were down by Hamas vs IDF) a terroristic act as well? But the US supports them…does that make many senators and other officials terrorist sympathizers, no?

Last edited:
Context of what the CAIR guy said:

In a statement released Thursday, Awad wrote the website to took his remarks out of context and said in part, "What I actually said while discussing international law: Ukrainians, Palestinians and other occupied people have the right to defend themselves and escape occupation by just and legal means, but targeting civilians is never an acceptable means of doing so, which is why I have again and again condemned the violence against Israeli civilians on October 7th and past Hamas attacks on Israeli civilians

Sounds pretty reasonable thing for a Palestinian American with family likely living in the concentration camp to say.

no one is saying their is a problem with what he said

but just as you can call him “CAIR guy” cnn should qualify that

just like when they have other groups

no one is saying their is a problem with what he said

but just as you can call him “CAIR guy” cnn should qualify that

just like when they have other groups
Oh yea I agree

They absolutely should have. But it’s CNN. What the hell do you expect. It’s not my real journalism.

Ironically calling him a “CAIR GUY” would have proven their point more bc this guy can actually go and campaign against voting for Biden across the US. Random guy X wouldn’t have time or know how to do so

Back
Top Bottom