***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Funny how people like DLF DLF and Girl Thats Jules Girl Thats Jules use this tired "mainstream media" insult

But never answer regarding how they stay informed

I would guess they know admitting it is just "random **** I see that confirms my opinions" might knock them off of that high horse
I shouldn't even be responding to a person like you but there's plenty of news organizations worldwide that aren't mainstream or corporate. To blow your mind even further, the ones I'm speaking of aren't Rightwing either, they lean Left.

I shouldn't even be responding to a person like you but there's plenty of news organizations worldwide that aren't mainstream or corporate. To blow your mind even further, the ones I'm speaking of aren't Rightwing either, they lean Left.
Yet fails to name one

You are at worst a troll, and at best unserious

Also, there is nothing wrong with reading mainstream news (NY Times, WaPo, ...), as long as you maintain healthy skepticism and are cognizant of potential bias' or framing.
Mindlessly consuming and propagating any media is bad, whether it's mainstream, independent, foreign, domestic, ...

DLF for example has gone so far off the deep end that he is correctly skeptical of mainstream media, but completely abandons any and all critical thinking or skepticism of even a random Twitter post if it fits his views.

A lot of self-proclaimed 'free thinkers' skew towards abandoning that same level of skepticism and critical thinking to non-mainstream or independent news outlets, as if the mere virtue of not being corporate/mainstream removes the need for any of that.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 2.06.18 PM.png

Rememeber this is NT, the home of pussyhat liberals that are more outraged Barbie didn’t get nominated vs thousands of kids dying.

If it’s not on msnbc or cnn, it’s a Russian operative reporting.

I'm starting to think ppl really don't follow CNN and MSNBC like that given the type of caping both networks will do for the GOP/Right Wing. Like heavy lifting carry over the years.

For the sake of keeping it "fair and balanced"

Bruh in here shilling for trump and somehow we’re the ones who don’t care about kids dying.

Oops, I think CBS and NBC may be a little too mainstream media.

Rememeber this is NT, the home of pussyhat liberals that are more outraged Barbie didn’t get nominated vs thousands of kids dying.

If it’s not on msnbc or cnn, it’s a Russian operative reporting.
Yet when you posted about that Putin interview, all you had to say was 'oh looks like the big bad US wants us to think poor Putin is bad'
Or does it not matter that thousands of civilians have died in Russia's invasion of Ukraine? Is there a certain quota Russia needs to hit?

Seems the US govt wants us to think Putin is Netanyahu…btw Netanyahu is a guy we give blank checks to and unlimited weapons.

Think about it.

This is who yall dealing with, clearly an expert. :lol:

I’m embarrassed to say I never really followed the news pre-October 7. I was semi aware of things but mostly went to cnn.com couple times a day and glanced at it.

Since October 7 I felt sick seeing the images and about a week into the conflict I started watching YouTube videos documentaries and speeches/debates on the topic almost as a way to cope with the sadness.

Then I got interested in the X’s and O’s of the war itself and what’s gonna happen next? Def stayed away from weird conspiracy type videos but more so interviews with ex cia and intelligence officers who weren’t selling books or tied to any channel so they could speak freely. Twitter helped too bc lots of independent journalists breaking down things like bias in the news etc and the occasional meme. But you obviously have to watch out for fake news. Twitter has great accounts that literally report nearly every explosion in Lebanon and Israel and update with maps throughout the day ( for example: )

Long story short I now have a rotation of YouTube videos I watch that are daily interviews by Judge Napolitano (has weekly interviews with the likes of Jeff Sachs a professor from UChicago and UN delegate), YouTube channel called Dialogue Works with daily interviews with professors and experts and the Scott Ritter show Tuesday Fridays on YouTube. My go to for passive live news is YouTube.com—> alJazeera America —> free live steam 24/7.

I will post some of the YouTube videos I watch weekly below. Scott Ritter is my favorite. Former UN weapons inspector and intelligence officer. Worked with Israel in past. Understands ins and outs of war and has been literally spot on since October 7 on what to expect next and how the war is actual unfolding (spoiler alert: he said Israel is losing the war badly. Both on PR front and on the field). A lot of these guys have media sources in Israel and know this stuff inside/out.

Max Blumenthal at Grayzone.com is my source for breaking down Israeli related propaganda. Very very knowledgeable of Gaza/israel history.

Kind of a pain to follow it the way I have but for me this is equivalent to listening to guy like Charles Barkley talk about the Warriors mid season vs Greg Papa. Not even close. I also have emotional connection to the current issue so I’m invested.

Enjoy

Putin opposes Israel so he's a "good guy"

Nuance be damned
He's just following a flowchart. It's already been established in the Israel/Palestine thread that he doesn't actually care about targeting civilians if the ones doing it are opposed Israel and/or the US.

I questioned him about the Houthis indiscriminately striking civilians, and just like a mindless little drone he did exactly what I expected and even said he would do.

First, he immediately denied that the Houthis targeted civilians. A patently false claim that was easily disproven. The Houthis are opposed to Israel and the US obviously, so he followed his flowchart and immediately, without research, denied that a group opposed to Israel's genocide could possibly do something wrong.

After being disproven, he tried and failed to play semantics by taking issue with the use of the word "indiscriminately."

When that failed, he took issue with me only using 1 example of them striking civilian ships. One example was all I needed to prove he just spouts propaganda without any critical thinking or research as long as it fits his views.
I guess targeting civilians isn't so bad after all, just stay within a certain quota.

Then he moved on to blaming the civilians on that ship for being struck. After all, the Houthis claimed the ship didn't respond to a radio call.
Therefore it was obviously their fault.

He did say he is against targeting civilians but that discussion suggests otherwise. Throughout that discussion he also constantly used strawman fallacies of course, even though I explicitly stated my views in a post in advance. I even specifically said that he was going to strawman the views I listed, and like a mindless little drone he did exactly that. After all, it couldn't be possible that someone is against both Israel's genocide and the targeting of civilians by a group opposing Israel and the US. That's not a possible route on his flowchart, so he needs to deflect, obstruct and fabricate.

After a while he just gave up and said something along the lines of 'ok you're right, israel did nothing wrong #freeisrael'

A so-called free thinker, yet you can predict his every reply with a simple flowchart :lol:
I assume he's a 15 year old 4chan user or something, lord help us if he's an actual adult.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom