***Official Political Discussion Thread***

First they come for Elon, and I didn't speak out because I was not a billionaire

Then they came for millionaires, and I didn't speak out because I was not a millionaire

Then they came for me....to remind me to file my 1040 EZ by April 15th, and there was no one left to speak for me, because they couldn't stand my bull**** anymore.

First they come for Elon, and I didn't speak out because I was not a billionaire

Then they came for millionaires, and I didn't speak out because I was not a millionaire

Then they came for me....to remind me to file my 1040 EZ by April 15th, and there was no one left to speak for me, because they couldn't stand my bull**** anymore.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

We must look out for the least of these like Lon or they will trample on all of us tomorrow.

1709866098823.png

Ruben Gallego seeking council from a wise man. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Mike Johnson back there making faces like I do when I’m on a teams call with my boss and he starts talking about annual goals

I'm not watching, but it's on another TV in the house and it's all clapping every 10 seconds. A 40 minute speech drawn out to an hour+ is why I stopped watching.

Random Thoughts on SOTU

Honestly, a Bernie presidency would have yielded pretty similar results as this current Biden presidency. (which is hardly enough given what we are facing and we cannot expect the ordinary political process to solve it). Good on Biden for talking about medicare's direct negotiations with drug companies and defending and expanding the ACA. IF the ACA were fully funded and the subsidies were larger and the no-copay for moderate-low income buyers gets shifted to lower deductible tiers, it's a pretty good system.

OMG, he's talking about housing and younger peoples' lack of access to home ownership. Dude is winning in November.

His short term memory and eye sight has declined, no doubt, but dude is anchored to reality. That's all pretty normal for a person his age.

Industries where the profits margin can be expanded most effectively with lower wages, weaker labor regulations, and weaker environmental regulation skew GOP. Industries that can best expand their profit margins through better public education and infrastructure, skew Democratic.

Although it'd disagree with osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh when he says that Biden gave the left everything it wanted BUT, Biden's shift away from the US's decades of bipartisan austerity oriented political economy and rather towards towards a Keynesian style approach (as best as can be done in our current system) is HUGE. We should keep two thoughts in our head at once. The current political economy is on a path of ecocidal destruction AND the Biden administration should be rewarded by even more leftists support on election day. The revolution may be far off and I want future presidents to operate under the assumption that leaning left economically will result in reelection.

The bank fees thing is a great example of how Trump is not a champion of the working class no matter how much a sympathetic conservative media claims him to be such. Donald Trump WAS president and he didn't do a thing about it. Again, is reducing bank fees a game changer for the working class? of course no. But if Trump can't even do that, how on Earth would someone think that Donald Trump's second term would result in restoration of a robust middle class? IMO, Democrats should talk a little less "saving Democracy" and more about how Trump didn't do a damn thing for workers in his first term. Undercut all of Trump's grand, populist campaign promises in 2024.

Back
Top Bottom