:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah.  They secured 10,000 additional spots a couple of weeks ago.  I honestly dont care if we have any Monday or Thursday night games this year.  You know we will get a Sunday night game or two....so what really is the difference?

I just cant wait to get down there and cement myself in my seat!!

Well Niners seem to always win on MNF & TNF so it would be nice to have some appearances. Although I can't stand TNF.

On a side note, my SB49 prediction is 49ers/Bengals 3. That would be fun. Hearing Cris Collinsworth may be awful though.

Last edited:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/02/04/49ers-points-of-emphasis-going-into-2014-xxx/
[h2]49ers points of emphasis going into 2014: Harbaugh’s offensive gameplan, Kaepernick’s deal and all things point to Seattle[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on February 4th, 2014 at 3:27 pm | Categorized as 49ers, Columns, NFL

There’s a highly-caffeinated championship parade planned in Seattle on Wednesday, though it’s doubtful Jim Harbaugh, Trent Baalke and the rest of the 49ers franchise will be paying attention.

No surprise, I’m told the 49ers brass has been hunkered down the last few weeks, 100-percent mindful of what lies ahead.

Their bitterest rival took what the 49ers crave; the 49ers might be the only team good enough to topple the Seahawks any time soon; Seattle’s crushing Super Bowl victory over Denver last Sunday just loudly reaffirmed all that.

(I’m sure Harbaugh and Baalke knew this would happen once Richard Sherman tipped away Colin Kaepernick’s last pass in the NFC title game.)

The 49ers were very good this season, but slightly worse than Seattle; if you’re second-best, that means you’re the most frustrated of all.
How do the 49ers attack the Seattle Problem? Here are five key 49ers points of emphasis this off-season…

1. Harbaugh probably will have even more input with the 49ers offense, which could mean amping up the passing game.

I’ve heard that Harbaugh took over additional parts of the 49ers offense towards the end of this season, especially on pass calls.

One NFL source noted that if offensive coordinator Greg Roman had landed a head-coaching job, Harbaugh planned to take over almost all the play-calling responsibilities.

Roman ended up staying with the 49ers, but I think some of the 49ers’ offensive struggles in 2013 have Harbaugh thinking about pushing the envelope a little more.

Practical point: The 49ers probably aren’t going to beat Seattle strictly by running it; Kaepernick needs more options in the pass game and it sounds like Harbaugh is determined to open up the playbook to see what the QB can do.

That also means Baalke probably has to figure out how to re-sign Anquan Boldin and add a new slot receiver to re-energize that pass attack.

2. The 49ers need injured 2013 draft picks Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore to produce significantly in 2014.

To this point, the 49ers have not gotten a lot from either their 2012 or 2013 draft classes and eventually that will take its toll.

The 2012 class is essentially a washout. But 2013 first-rounder Eric Reid was a big hit as a rookie and other 2013 picks are still relevant, particularly Carradine, a top-talent defensive lineman, and Lattimore, a potential star tailback.
Practical point: To keep that window of opportunity open for the long-term and to match Seattle’s depth and youth, the 49ers need Carradine, Lattimore and several others to become mainstays.

3.  The long-term contract negotiations with Kaepernick could set the tone for the entire off-season.

A good start: Kaepernick told KNBR last week that he understands there needs to be a balance between what he wants to be paid and what the 49ers will offer within their payroll structure.

And watching Peyton Manning get demolished by Seattle’s defense two weeks after Kaepernick gave the Seahawks some trouble certainly hasn’t hurt Kaepernick’s overall standing.

The 49ers might not be rushing to give him a long-term mega-deal–Kaepernick is still under contract for another season and the 49ers could play that out and then franchise-tag him for multiple seasons.

I think there could there be a short-term compromise that gives Kaepernick some security but also reduces the 49ers’ risk, something near three years, $45 million.

Practical point: There might not be another quarterback who threatens Seattle the way Kaepernick does.

4.  This is up to medical science and the pace of All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman’s MCL and ACL rehabilitation, but the 49ers sure could use him back at full-speed at some point in 2014.

Bowman is still only 25 and doctors say he probably should make a full recovery; but the Harbaugh-era 49ers haven’t ever had a crucial piece of the defense so badly wounded.

Practical point: It’s hard to see the 49ers knocking off Seattle in January if Bowman isn’t a healthy, dominant force.

5.  After three intense, almost-perfect seasons, Harbaugh is going into fateful Year No. 4 with the 49ers.

We’ll see whether CEO Jed York and Harbaugh come together on a rich contract extension; that’s mostly about money, not longevity.

The larger practical issue: Harbaugh has never stayed in a coaching job longer than the four years he spent at Stanford and maybe he’s getting restless again.

But Harbaugh just saw Pete Carroll win a title, a year after the 49ers lost Super Bowl XLVII to John Harbaugh’s Ravens.

Jim Harbaugh is in a very good spot here with the 49ers, if everything can be kept together, if this off-season works out right, and if the 49ers can just figure out how to beat Seattle when it counts.
Because if they don’t, who will?

Last edited:
The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN 2m
Percy Harvin suffers concussion during Super Bowl parade after taking a Skittle to the head.

I'm sorry but :lol:

roll.gif

lol dude is a beast but he's so brittle. i wouldn't count on him making it thru an entire season for the rest of his career.

can you imagine if we had a player like harvin? Our OC wouldn't know what to do with him and his talents would be wasted.
mean.gif
on percy harvin's first touch i saw him in motion I was like "jet sweep coming" and boom there he goes for 30 yds.
pimp.gif
even seattle's OC, who their fans complain about being incompetent, finds ways to get his guy touches.

Last edited:
:rofl:

lol dude is a beast but he's so brittle. i wouldn't count on him making it thru an entire season for the rest of his career.

can you imagine if we had a player like harvin? Our OC wouldn't know what to do with him and his talents would be wasted. :smh:
We might with Patton or Lamichael James, but Greg Roman would rather run WR reverse passes with Anquan Boldin.

OH. and i'm also higher on Gilbert than i am Dennard when it comes to the DBs. I just feel gilbert has a higher ceiling. ...take that with a grain of salt :lol:

but neither patton or LMJ is as fast or elusive as harvin though

LMJ ran a 4.45 and Harvin ran a 4.41. I know football speed is different from the 40 but LMJ is no slouch in terms of speed. Plus he's a running back who nearly won Heisman...I'm positive he has some elusive ability. My biggest problem with him is that he's so pathetically soft. I play football so seeing soft players makes me cringe.

OH. and i'm also higher on Gilbert than i am Dennard when it comes to the DBs. I just feel gilbert has a higher ceiling. ...take that with a grain of salt :lol:
Completely agree, but Gilbert won't even be close to the 30 pick. He reminds me of a Patrick Peterson. Overall, Dennard is much more realistic. Hopefully, Gilbert has an awful combine.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]via ESPNinsider[/COLOR]

Offseason plans for 49ers WR corps
February, 6, 2014
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

The San Francisco 49ers are going to have to make some decisions this offseason about how to handle the finances involving their wide receiver corps. The big-ticket items will revolve around whether to extend Michael Crabtree's contract and whether they will be able to re-sign unrestricted free agent Anquan Boldin.

"[Crabtree] enters the final year of his rookie contract. The 49ers will approach him about a contract extension, but the big question is whether they can agree on terms for a multi-year deal," noted CSNBayArea.com's Matt Maiocco.

"What’s a fair price for Boldin, who turns 34 in November? How about two years, $10 million with $6 million guaranteed? That sounds fair," he added. "[Quinton Patton] returns, too. And the 49ers can be expected to add competition with a possible early-round draft pick."

That's exactly the same thinking that ESPN NFL Insider Mel Kiper Jr. had in his first mock draft. He gave the Niners LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. with the 30th pick of the first round:

Mel Kiper Jr.
2014 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
"The 49ers have been a different team with a healthy Michael Crabtree, but I don't think they should be in the position again of having only one wide receiver with a really dynamic skill set on the roster given how much Crabtree not being healthy limited the offense. Beckham's top trait is great acceleration, which can force cornerbacks to give him space or risk press coverage, where he also has quick feet and does a decent job of clearing without too much route disruption. He has good hands, which also helps in the return game, where he's been good."

Edit-- I'll post all the Insider articles as I see them if you guys would like.

Last edited:
I really hope we don't overpay for Crabtree. I know our offense looked much better with him on the field but I don't think he is worth anything close to top dollar.

Anyone know what he is expecting/wanting to get paid?

We might not even be able to retain Crabtree depending on what kap and Aldon get. Need to hit in the draft with WR.

since the top 3 rounds are the "sexy" rounds here's my 1st dream mock atm

trade 1st, move back a lil and pick up a late round pick for this year or pick for next year

2a.) Kyle Fuller CB
2b.)Jarvis Landry WR
2c.) Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
3a.) Jimmie Ward S
3b) Weston Richburg C

Last edited:

1.)
2a.)Jarvis Landry WR
2b.) Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
3a.) Jimmie Ward S
3b.)

missing 1st pick because im torn which way i want us to go. it's between WR, CB and DT(Stephan Tuitt).

Tuitt is more of a DE but I'd go his way if he's available.

Tuitt is more of a DE but I'd go his way if he's available.
yeah he would play DE in our defense.

DRAFT UPDATED

-improved our secondary. wanted good ball skills, tackling and length.

-gave us playmaker wide receiver in landry who could replace crabs year from now

-got us a center to replace jonathan goodwin

Last edited:
I honestly wish I watched enough college football to follow all this draft talk

:frown:

trade 1st, move back a lil and pick up a late round pick for this year or pick for next year

2a.) Kyle Fuller CB
2aa.)Jarvis Landry WR
2b.) Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
3a.) Jimmie Ward S
3b) Weston Richburg C
There great depth this year at wr and cb (49ers top needs) but I want them to get the top playmaker instead of trading back trade up to get a cb like gilbert or wr like watkins

Sammy Watkins is going within the first 5 picks so that definitely aint happening. 

All the dudes I picked have day 1 starter potential which was a huge factor and are guys that have 49er qualities and intangibles.

Last edited:
What ya'll think of signing either Brandon Browner or WT3 if we lose Los and T-Brown?

I seen that video floating around. The way I see it is that we had a chance to win and we blew it plain and simple. I feel for bowman though. Dude is depressed from what happened so I hope he is seriously not 'reconsidering'. once he is fully recovered and starts playing he will get over it(hopefully)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom