:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looks like tartt is gonna get a chance to start the rest of the season. this is good.
Dang, that sucks about Bathea.
frown.gif

it does suck for bethea, but he has been downright taylor mays status.

let the kids play.

glad tartt's okay and not seriously injured after that shot he took from jimmie. looked like it had potential to be bad, like when ken norton jr. accidentally broke BY's leg. that **** happened in the blink of an eye but was gruesome.

Yea, Bethea hasn't been the same this season

Tartt and Reid :pimp: :pimp:

Lumberboys V2

although he's significantly better in coverage and open field tackling than Whitner aka whiffner, bethea just doesn't bring the hammer. I'm not an X's and O's guy like red, but if you're gonna play zone coverage im confident that having a hard hitting safety makes a wr think twice about going over the middle and sitting himself in the soft spot of a zone. that psychological effect is like having 12th defender on the field. just ask VD what the shadow of kam alone does to him. I hope tartt is the start of a sort of renaissance for this secondary. ****, this defense has become so damn soft, can we just let LJ McCray play in wilhoite's position? love watchin mccrack on punt coverage, dude is a straight savage

and up until that impressive hit on graham, reid had been Charmin Boy.

but hit of the night still has to be my favorite ginger bruce miller teeing off on some ******** seahawk. bruce looks like he'd have an amazing career in UFC with his ground and pound work

Harbaugh might've been a hard ***, but in the NFL if you wanna succeed you have to be.

Coddling players will only permit them to be complacent. The best teams hunger for that edge. The soft teams back off.

Tomsula just seems like a company guy through and through. A yes man and a player's coach. All bad.

Doesn't have the psycho edge that Harbs has. Harbs would go to bat for his players everytime and take the heat.

Tomsula would prefer that everyone keep their head down and be timid. Harbaugh wanted blood thirsty vagabonds who wanted to loot the villages and take the women of their enemies.

Das my coach!

Harbaugh might've been a hard ***, but in the NFL if you wanna succeed you have to be.

Coddling players will only permit them to be complacent. The best teams hunger for that edge. The soft teams back off.

Tomsula just seems like a company guy through and through. A yes man and a player's coach. All bad.

Doesn't have the psycho edge that Harbs has. Harbs would go to bat for his players everytime and take the heat.

Tomsula would prefer that everyone keep their head down and be timid. Harbaugh wanted blood thirsty vagabonds who wanted to loot the villages and take the women of their enemies.

Das my coach!

:lol:

Still can't believe we had Hawk Inc and Hitner as our safeties back in 2012.... Dudes was laying fools out week after week. Early Doucet still having nightmares of Hawk Inc :lol:

Tartt looks like he's a pretty accurate and controlled with his big hits. Always lands cleanly with the shoulder. It sucks for Bethea, but we need to let all the youngsters play.

"we need to bench Kaepernick and go with Gabbert. We simply cannot risk the health of our remaining training staff moving forward."

LMAO!

tAANo3U.gif

the way that dude was starting to lean forward. i've seen this a MILLION times before being involved with combat sports. dude was about to face plant. KTFO

Last edited:
"we need to bench Kaepernick and go with Gabbert. We simply cannot risk the health of our remaining training staff moving forward."

LMAO!

the way that dude was starting to lean forward. i've seen this a MILLION times before being involved with combat sports. dude was about to face plant. KTFO

And that was a tight spiral that connected to the temple area :x :lol:

did the nose of the football hit cuzz square in the temple? coming from kaep, that could be a concussion

Scout: Laremy Tunsil has look of a top-five draft choice

Laremy-Tunsil-Strike-First-Iinitial-Punch.gif

OT, Ole Miss, 6’5 305

Strengths:

• Elite athlete, able to move very well for his size.

• Great foot speed, able to kick out and slide with any speed rusher(this is crucial when playing Seattle and their speed rushers)

• Good hand usage and arm extension. Good at getting leverage and keeping his hands inside his man.

• Good strength in pass protection, usually able to anchor well.

• Plays very balanced, doesn’t lunge or lean often.
Weaknesses:

• Doesn’t always get good drive in the run game. Able to block his man but rarely drives them completely out of the play.

• Coming off of a broken leg.
Overall: Tunsil is an elite left tackle prospect with excellent athleticism and good strength to go with great feet. He isn't a raw player either, as he shows very good technique as well. He needs to look good coming back from his injury, but if he does he is a top 5 lock and will be someone’s cornerstone left tackle for the next decade.

Laremy Tunsil hasn't played a down of football since breaking his leg in the Rebels' Peach Bowl loss to TCU 10 months ago, and hasn't even been eligible to play until Saturday's home game against Texas A&M as he comes off a seven-game NCAA suspension.

Yet, the star left tackle's standing with at least one NFL scout hasn't taken even one step backward. An AFC scout told NFL Media's Albert Breer that Tunsil could be a top-five pick in the NFL draft. As a junior, Tunsil could enter the 2016 draft if he forgoes his final year of college eligibility after this season.

"A top-10 pick, legit left tackle. And I think he's top five," the scout told Breer. "He's an elite athlete, can move in any direction, any way he wants. He's premier. Easy moving, quick, sudden, explosive, fast. All the athletic traits, he has them all."

In his season debut, Tunsil isn't being afforded a weak matchup with which to work any rust off his game. He'll draw Aggies star pass rusher Myles Garrett, a sophomore who has freakish quickness off the edge and 8.5 sacks for the year. Fahn Cooper, who has played left tackle in Tunsil's absence this season, will move to right tackle, and the Rebels' coaching staff will shuffle the interior of the line with Tunsil's return, as well.

Scouts told Breer that Tunsil compares to Washington ******** left tackle Trent Williams, and one said Tunsil would be the most NFL-ready underclassman "in a long time" if he turns pro early.

If Tunsil were to be chosen in the top 10, he would become the only Ole Miss player not named Manning with that distinction. Quarterback Eli Manning was chosen No. 1 overall by the San Diego Chargers in 2004, while his father, Archie Manning, was the No. 2 pick of the draft to the New Orleans Saints in 1971. Linebacker Patrick Willis is the next-highest pick the Rebels have ever produced (No. 11, San Francisco 49ers, 2007).
Obviously the coaching staff has to be addressed at some point before the draft, but it's going to be interesting to see what direction we go in the draft. IMO there's no way in hell we can pass on Goff if he's there when we pick. In the words of Singletary, "cant do it".

Last edited:
If Goff is still on the board when we pick and we don't take him we might see pitchforks and torches coming for Jed on the way to Levi's....

...we should pass on Goff.

I think we should pass on Goff too. I don't think he's polished enough to lead an NFL team any time soon. He's talented as hell though but, makes mistakes a little too often.

View media item 1760329

In my personal opinion gimme Boldin, Dawson, Boone, Celek and Tiller

Staley, Boone, Kilgore, Tiller, Anthony Davis... obviously a few hypotheticals, but I think that is a nice offensive line

Now let's say IF that's what our oline looks like and we get a good draft pick (~top 10), do we still go O-Line or what do you guys think would be our best course of action?

Back
Top Bottom