Official .. USC vs. Ohio State...vol. Redemption or more of the same....

my prediction...34-31 suckeyes
pimp.gif
(wishful thinking
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by tillmatic

Closer we get to kickoff the more I think the Buckeyes are going to win this game. I just refuse to believe that a freshman quarterback is going to come into the Horseshoe and get a win, even if he is as righteous as Tebow.

I think we put up 14 in the first quarter, the Shoe is rockin, and momentum carries us from there.

31-24
Hmmm, I'm more concerned about Pryor than Barkley. Barkley can just dink and dunk cuz he can just rely on ALL those killer tailbacks playingbehind an experienced O-line. If he rarely passes, how's he gonna get that rattled?

I think the bigger question mark is Pryor. USC has a history of not being able to handle mobile QBs that well. Can Pryor be another mobile QB that gives SCfits? I don't think anyone believes this is gonna be a low scoring, grind it out game. So, Pryor is gonna have to create some points if OSU is gonna win.

Ohio State ftw...Pryor will toy with USC's inexperienced linebackers. Althought I hope to see Barkley have a solid game, unless he starts off solidhe'll be shook for the rest of the game. edit: taylor mays
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Again...how the hell do yall figure that OSU scores 30+ on USC? If OSU wins this game and thats a HUGE if it won't be by them scoring 31 points. It wouldhave to be something like a 17-14 game.

^ im sayen yes we have a new LB core but our D is still stacked how can anyone think that OSU scores more than 20 points??

Barkley will be fine all he needs to do is make a few 5-7 yard 3rd down conversions now way a slow defense like OSU can keep up with the speed of our RBcore....

damn im Hyped over this game wish it started now!!!

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

OHIO cant hang
grin.gif

usc is going to run through them.

Cant wait til the U shows up in the shoe nexyt year.. but until then...
CHILD PLEASE!

We're are going to take y'all behind the woodshed and whoop that +%@ next year. Fiasco Bowl still fresh in every Miami player/fan mind. Payback on ascale of epic proportions. Mark my words it won't be pretty. And I just know Pryor somehow gonna have some Heisman hype coming into next year........thatwill be deaded early.

Honestly, I just dont see a scenario where Ohio St can win this game. Pryor would have to mirror VY and.....idk he def has the capability but I dont think itllhappen. The defense has to limit big plays where SC gains 7-10 yards per down...and I dont see that happening.

The dline is Ohio St's strongest unit and I dont think theyll get any kind of push on SC. So for that Ohio St will prob play a majority of the game in 3-4with a lot of zone rush packaging and atleast 1 and possible two DE's standing (viper/leo)..having Rolle and Spitler inside.

The offensive line will probably suffer and Pryor isnt developed enough imo to check the blitz and read and react. I do think they go uptempo/no huddle whichcould be some what effective. And the option zone read stuff I think could also be a good thing.

Hopefully the turnovers and penalties go our way and against SC because thats been a big killer for Ohio St. A lot of things have to go right for Ohio St towin and a lot less for SC to win.

Tressel (for the trillionth time) doesnt call the plays (they go through him but thats not his job solely) and his philosophy doesnt bother me at all. Therewas a time when he was 8-2 against Top 10 teams, 4-0 in BCS games, 3-0 in national 1-vs.-2 matchups, and of course his recoed vs Michigan. There's beentalk of Bollman leaving after this yr and coach Hazel taken his place..coach Uecker would coach the oline. I think one thing that hurts Ohio St's offenseis Bollman coaches both the oline and he's the o-coor. I wished he'd just focus on one or the other. So this scenario would be a big benefit imo.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

OHIO cant hang
grin.gif

CHILD PLEASE!

We're are going to take y'all behind the woodshed and whoop that +%@ next year. Fiasco Bowl still fresh in every Miami player/fan mind. Payback on a scale of epic proportions. Mark my words it won't be pretty. And I just know Pryor somehow gonna have some Heisman hype coming into next year........that will be deaded early.

get outta here with that mess... we have a much bigger and better team to worry about this year, we'll talk to the U next season....

Crazy how just keeping the game close would be considered a moral win not only for Ohio St. but the entire Big Ten.

Totally unacceptable for Ohio St.'s program
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Crazy how just keeping the game close would be considered a moral win not only for Ohio St. but the entire Big Ten.

Totally unacceptable for Ohio St.'s program
smh.gif
There are no moral victories. This program needs this win...no doubt about it. I disagree with the people that say the Buckeyes need TP to be"VY-like". They need him to be good, but I'm not as enamored with USC as a lot people around Columbus are. I think they pull it out...24-20. Winor lose...I'm drinking heavily after the game tomorrow night. If they lose...I'll eat my crow on Sunday.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

Honestly, I just dont see a scenario where Ohio St can win this game.
ding ding.

If we pull off the upset, I wouldn't be THAT shocked, but it'd speak loudly of Tressell and his game preparation.

If we get blown out, I can't wait to see the FB status messages and the coming hilarity of the drunks after the game.
roll.gif
smh.gif

All in all, I just don't see that many things going wrong that we need to win this game.

Hopefully, it'll be a quick reality check for the program as to where we were and are now.
grin.gif

I don't know if it has been mentioned. Kris O'Dowd will start at Center,
smokin.gif
, Jeff Byers moving back to LG,
smokin.gif

I'm sure all the media hype about the importance of this game and the ramifications of a loss, is firing Ohio State up. It should be a good game though.

May the best team win
glasses.gif

I have no idea why I keep hearing Walt Harris being brought up for the OC job
laugh.gif
smh.gif

He already advises Tressell and we see where that gets us.

Gameday

pimp.gif

Buckeye born and raised in CO. Honestly nervous about the game. not just for us, for the Big 10 as a whole. Plus, us losing again will ruin our futuregetting top recruits in the next few yrs, but also will have people calling for Big 10 to no longer be an automatic BCS conference. My opinion, COACHING haslost us these big games lately. real talk. we have a top recruiting class year after year, so we have the players, its the game plan that makes us lookterrible.

with that said... I pick the Buckeyes. Stop the running game, and when they try to pass, get pressure on young Barkley. Let TP pass a little more. We havesome good young receivers, throw to them!!! We will be fine

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

OHIO cant hang
grin.gif

CHILD PLEASE!

We're are going to take y'all behind the woodshed and whoop that +%@ next year. Fiasco Bowl still fresh in every Miami player/fan mind. Payback on a scale of epic proportions. Mark my words it won't be pretty. And I just know Pryor somehow gonna have some Heisman hype coming into next year........that will be deaded early.
pimp.gif

2002gambleinterference.jpg

Never forget.
mad.gif

idk if this point has been brought up or not so excuse me if it has.
But like dude said on the first page is I think the only way for Ohio State to win is if they really put pressure on Barkley, but then again USC does have anamazing O line so thats easier said than done. and with all the Pryor/V. Young comparisons he will not be able to scramble and run on USC like Young did.
Should be a good game though, I have USC winning

Originally Posted by gumbottombandit

6a00d8341bf70753ef011278d5780928a4-800wi

I just took a nap and literally dreamt the buckeyes offense pulled off the convincing win.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Headed to campus after Gameday, campus is gonna be on another level
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom