Open relationships, have you been in one? thoughts...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Everyone has been in an open relationship. Whether or not they knew about it
smile.gif

I am slowly beginning to believe this...

2z4corl.gif

yep..........so why dont ppl just be up front about it.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Everyone has been in an open relationship. Whether or not they knew about it
smile.gif

I am slowly beginning to believe this...

2z4corl.gif

yep..........so why dont ppl just be up front about it.

It's definitely something I'd be interested in, but I'm a little different. For whatever reason, sex is just sex to me. I guess that I'm just wired that way. I can't see how smashing the same girl for 20+ years could possibly work for me. It's part of the reason I avoid relationships like the plague. I do feel bad cheating, but box gets old quick.

It's definitely something I'd be interested in, but I'm a little different. For whatever reason, sex is just sex to me. I guess that I'm just wired that way. I can't see how smashing the same girl for 20+ years could possibly work for me. It's part of the reason I avoid relationships like the plague. I do feel bad cheating, but box gets old quick.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I can't see how smashing the same girl for 20+ years could possibly work for me. It's part of the reason I avoid relationships like the plague. I do feel bad cheating, but box gets old quick.
QFT... But then after smashing so many diff girls i get tired and then think about the consequences and then i end up getting in a relationship and then getting tired of that P and then back to square 1
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I can't see how smashing the same girl for 20+ years could possibly work for me. It's part of the reason I avoid relationships like the plague. I do feel bad cheating, but box gets old quick.
QFT... But then after smashing so many diff girls i get tired and then think about the consequences and then i end up getting in a relationship and then getting tired of that P and then back to square 1
laugh.gif

Bump for 2013. Can this work for marriage also?

Someone is BOUND to catch feelings, whether it be the husband, wife or side piece.

Why get married if you want to continue chasing new women? What's the point? On top of that, if your wife is getting sexed right and your D is satisfying her, why would she want another? I've heard of women being curious about another man's pipe and all of that on the other hand too though. Well that's what they told me after I broke them off.

I don't know. Couldn't be me.

What's the point of even being in a relationship if its "open"

I thought the point of relationships were for them to be closed.

Last edited:
I'm actually trying to get this girl I know on board. I keep telling her "Outta sight, outta mind" but she hits me with "I tried it before, but I just end up getting hurt" and I'm like "I'm different cuz I'm letting you know from jump I ain't with all that feelings ****. I just wanna **** when I come through and maybe eat, drink, and smoke." But I guess that's more of a FWB type thing. Either way, unless you plan on making the girl your number one, why shouldn't every relationship be open? You're young, she's young, the way I look at life is its all about the experiences, why not make as many as possible?

I'm actually trying to get this girl I know on board. I keep telling her "Outta sight, outta mind" but she hits me with "I tried it before, but I just end up getting hurt" and I'm like "I'm different cuz I'm letting you know from jump I ain't with all that feelings ****. I just wanna **** when I come through and maybe eat, drink, and smoke." But I guess that's more of a FWB type thing. Either way, unless you plan on making the girl your number one, why shouldn't every relationship be open? You're young, she's young, the way I look at life is its all about the experiences, why not make as many as possible?

Much easier in principle. If it's really a "relationship" someone is likely to get hurt, when feelings are involved it's way more complicated. Otherwise you're just ******g. She's not the right person to try to do that with and if you somehow convince her to, it won't end well because she's obviously not interested from the start and doesn't really want it.

Open relationships are fine, if you arent expecting anything....  Open relationships I've had, are more on a sexual means.  You cant except the other person to be there emotionally or supportive, or for them to go out the way for you..   AND YOU SHOULD NOT DO THE SAME...  If you know the rules to play by, and make sure they stay in bounds.. The most it can lead to is a solid friendship.    The rule of thumb, is you can not have an open relationship with someone your in love with, so dont try..

The only way someone is gonna get hurt, is if you let her, or if she lets you start breaking the rules (or what I like to refer to as 'boundaries').

Open Relationships to me, is like having a favorite shop to get an oil change..   You might like to take your car there, but its nothing your going to fall in love with. :wink:

Last edited:
Open relationship and not married? That's called being single, honest and knowing how to keep things separated. No discussion needs to be had honestly, you just don't ever commit or put a title on the relationship.

As for being in an open "marriage"? Why lock yourself down with one woman if you want other women? *panther's fan shrug

Why even waste your time and set yourself up for those financial and family L's? As for Will and Jada, I read some of what she said and while I respect the whole not owning someone thing, if marriage isn't exclusivity to another person, then what is it (besides a business contract I mean)?

Open relationship and not married? That's called being single, honest and knowing how to keep things separated. No discussion needs to be had honestly, you just don't ever commit or put a title on the relationship.

As for being in an open "marriage"? Why lock yourself down with one woman if you want other women? *panther's fan shrug

Why even waste your time and set yourself up for those financial and family L's? As for Will and Jada, I read some of what she said and while I respect the whole not owning someone thing, if marriage isn't exclusivity to another person, then what is it (besides a business contract I mean)?
Marriage is a legal contract that allows the state to be involved in your affairs.  

Marriage is a legal contract that allows the state to be involved in your affairs.  

Which is why I said a business contract in the my post in parenthesis.

I filed for a divorce two years ago and saw how the law gets down on that one first hand. But besides that angle, why lock it down if you don't wanna be exclusive? I don't understand why someone would want the headache and potential L's.

Which is why I said a business contract in the my post in parenthesis.

I filed for a divorce two years ago and saw how the law gets down on that one first hand. But besides that angle, why lock it down if you don't wanna be exclusive? I don't understand why someone would want the headache and potential L's.
You already know from the other post I'm not married and never plan to get married for various reasons.  The people I know that get married without planning to be monogamous do so for various reasons, some of them because they think it'll improve their image in society, some of them to please their parents/family, and it goes on.  

People get open relationships confused with FWB. The former still involves commitment, you're just allowed to see other people.

It doesn't necessarily grant you the freedom to smash whoever you want, though. There's still a level of respect because you're in a relationship. Seeing other people, yes. Smashing, you should probably bring that up and clear the air so that no one gets hurt (that includes STDs).

Back
Top Bottom