Post your "IT'S A SMALL WORLD" stories Vol. NO %$@+@#% WAY

I have two stories one is about me and the other happened to my dad.

Mine
Me and my best friend (currently) have been hanging out for about a year now. You can say we have a bromance.
Well one day at work (i work at best buy) im helping a customer and her husband pick out a TV. She interrupts me while i'm explaining the differences between a few tv's and tells me i look really familiar. She asked what my dad's name was and i told her. She asked if i remember her and i'm like no. She then goes on to say that her dad is my older brother's godfather. i was like hmm. 5 minutes later i ask her husband what his job in the Marines was. So we carried on a conversation because i was interested in joining the marines. So then he asks what school i go to and i tell him. As soon as i tell his wife asked if i knew Luis (my best friend). I told her I did and she then said that was her cousin. It was so surreal.

Dad's
Long story short. We went to Disneyworld this summer. Waited in line for Space Mountain. Dad makes small talk with guy in front of us. Conversation grows. Come to find out it was a friend my dad hasn't seen in almost 40 years.

I know 2 dudes who lived in Long Island NY that were friends from the same neighborhood/same building/same school and calss.. one moved to VA in 4th grade... the other ended up moving to VA in 5th grade.. they both end up in the same neighborhood in VA.. same school and even same class.... Small world...

I know 2 dudes who lived in Long Island NY that were friends from the same neighborhood/same building/same school and calss.. one moved to VA in 4th grade... the other ended up moving to VA in 5th grade.. they both end up in the same neighborhood in VA.. same school and even same class.... Small world...

Halfway through my senior year of HS I found out my best friend since middle school was actually my 3rd cousin, turns out his grandpa was cousins with my grandma

Halfway through my senior year of HS I found out my best friend since middle school was actually my 3rd cousin, turns out his grandpa was cousins with my grandma

Joined Air Force, One day I'm eating in the Food Court at Aviano AirBase, Italy. I see this girl I went to Middle / High School with. That's the only cool story I have.

Joined Air Force, One day I'm eating in the Food Court at Aviano AirBase, Italy. I see this girl I went to Middle / High School with. That's the only cool story I have.

Not that amazing but it happened yesterday, me and my girl were walking to a diner and before we crossed the street to get to the diner, she randomly started singing "the Safety Dance". We both sang it while crossing the street and then started talking about normal things. We enter the diner and they're playing music over the juke box: the Safety Dance. Of all the songs in all the world at that time at that place.

Not that amazing but it happened yesterday, me and my girl were walking to a diner and before we crossed the street to get to the diner, she randomly started singing "the Safety Dance". We both sang it while crossing the street and then started talking about normal things. We enter the diner and they're playing music over the juke box: the Safety Dance. Of all the songs in all the world at that time at that place.

im not sure this even fits the title,

but there was this girl who lived right next door to me when we were young. we used to kick it all the time/ have sleepovers etc. one day she moved to florida (from our city in socal) and i never saw or heard from her again. (i think she moved when we were like 9 or 10) Anyways, junior year of college, i get a fb friend request from her, and it totally threw me off. plus, this girl turned into one fine %## woman 
laugh.gif

also, totally unrelated but pretty cool, 

i found out one of my college homies is 16th in line for the throne of the king of england. 
eek.gif

i told him id help take out the other 15 if he cuts me some chedd 
tongue.gif

im not sure this even fits the title,

but there was this girl who lived right next door to me when we were young. we used to kick it all the time/ have sleepovers etc. one day she moved to florida (from our city in socal) and i never saw or heard from her again. (i think she moved when we were like 9 or 10) Anyways, junior year of college, i get a fb friend request from her, and it totally threw me off. plus, this girl turned into one fine %## woman 
laugh.gif

also, totally unrelated but pretty cool, 

i found out one of my college homies is 16th in line for the throne of the king of england. 
eek.gif

i told him id help take out the other 15 if he cuts me some chedd 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

This is gonna be a big one..

I live in Houston TX.

So i take my first ever and only [so far] trip to NYC in 2009. I made a few threads asking for stuff to do and where to get a fade at
laugh.gif

And I land on thursday August 14, 2009. I had a hotel in times square with my sis and cousin. And I drop my bags off in the room, put my camera stuff together and go out and start shooting in TS.

I like doing street photography and shooting random 'characters'...some people just stand out to me. So... I was shooting in TS right? And I seen waves of various tourists from diff countries...but I saw a group of girls walking down the street, kinda happy n ++$* right? N Im like "yo god these chicks might not be from here" and I shot the pic nahmean. After the 4-day trip, I go through the pics I shoot, about 1000 total, and I ultimately decide that the pic I shot of the chicks is my fav. It represented the vast sea of people, all doing their own thing at once on the street, and the diverse face of NYC sidewalks. etc etc

Here's the pic

So I later on decide that I need to take my music seriously and I use that same pic ^^^^^^^^^^ as the album cover for my first project. And I upload the pic to facebook..

So tell me why.. this lightskinned chick I had added randomly, like all beasts do, comments the pic I uploaded. And I just laugh at it cuz I thought they just look alike. And I say something sarcastic and silly...not thinking nothin of it nahmean. Heres the convo.

21an71u.jpg

Little did I know how much had just gone over my head, though..

Fast forward to like June or March or some ++$* of 2010...Im at a house party in my neighborhood, my friend has a nice big house a few streets down and I attend it instead of going to the homie chad's Bday. Common had just had a concert that I skipped so I could avoid seeing some birds from the past and I just went straight to the house party. And Im coolin yaheardme, just sipping on some henn and choppin it up, texting my  woady Darrel [hes from N.O., they say that] on how to get there. And I see a girl I used to semi talk to named lauren come in...with the same lightskin girl who had commented my pics. And I say hi etc etc, nothing serious.

....Till me and lightskin girl briefly talk in the kitchen. And she drops this bomb on me, that her and 2 other girls were in new york in 2009. and I was like "me too god nahmean" and she was like "...we know, we're in that pic, it was me stacy and daniel"...and I think for a sec, and ask for proof...and she shows me pics of her in the same out fit.

and i immediately do this.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

And my friend took a pic of me right after the revelation with the same girl.
30642_436481046205_660581205_6145453_2781192_n.jpg

To sum this up, I shot a random pic of 3 girls in NYC in 2009, that stood out to me.

I live in houston tx. and so did they...and we have hundreds of mutual friends amongst us.

What was simply a reaction to a brief thought became a long story of familiarity n ++$* with people I thought I'd never see again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

crazy 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

This is gonna be a big one..

I live in Houston TX.

So i take my first ever and only [so far] trip to NYC in 2009. I made a few threads asking for stuff to do and where to get a fade at
laugh.gif

And I land on thursday August 14, 2009. I had a hotel in times square with my sis and cousin. And I drop my bags off in the room, put my camera stuff together and go out and start shooting in TS.

I like doing street photography and shooting random 'characters'...some people just stand out to me. So... I was shooting in TS right? And I seen waves of various tourists from diff countries...but I saw a group of girls walking down the street, kinda happy n ++$* right? N Im like "yo god these chicks might not be from here" and I shot the pic nahmean. After the 4-day trip, I go through the pics I shoot, about 1000 total, and I ultimately decide that the pic I shot of the chicks is my fav. It represented the vast sea of people, all doing their own thing at once on the street, and the diverse face of NYC sidewalks. etc etc

Here's the pic

So I later on decide that I need to take my music seriously and I use that same pic ^^^^^^^^^^ as the album cover for my first project. And I upload the pic to facebook..

So tell me why.. this lightskinned chick I had added randomly, like all beasts do, comments the pic I uploaded. And I just laugh at it cuz I thought they just look alike. And I say something sarcastic and silly...not thinking nothin of it nahmean. Heres the convo.

21an71u.jpg

Little did I know how much had just gone over my head, though..

Fast forward to like June or March or some ++$* of 2010...Im at a house party in my neighborhood, my friend has a nice big house a few streets down and I attend it instead of going to the homie chad's Bday. Common had just had a concert that I skipped so I could avoid seeing some birds from the past and I just went straight to the house party. And Im coolin yaheardme, just sipping on some henn and choppin it up, texting my  woady Darrel [hes from N.O., they say that] on how to get there. And I see a girl I used to semi talk to named lauren come in...with the same lightskin girl who had commented my pics. And I say hi etc etc, nothing serious.

....Till me and lightskin girl briefly talk in the kitchen. And she drops this bomb on me, that her and 2 other girls were in new york in 2009. and I was like "me too god nahmean" and she was like "...we know, we're in that pic, it was me stacy and daniel"...and I think for a sec, and ask for proof...and she shows me pics of her in the same out fit.

and i immediately do this.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

And my friend took a pic of me right after the revelation with the same girl.
30642_436481046205_660581205_6145453_2781192_n.jpg

To sum this up, I shot a random pic of 3 girls in NYC in 2009, that stood out to me.

I live in houston tx. and so did they...and we have hundreds of mutual friends amongst us.

What was simply a reaction to a brief thought became a long story of familiarity n ++$* with people I thought I'd never see again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

crazy 
pimp.gif

My ex's mom and my older sister worked on the same floor of their office building and didn't know each other until a month after we broke up...her mom walks into my sisters office one day and see's our picture in there

My ex's mom and my older sister worked on the same floor of their office building and didn't know each other until a month after we broke up...her mom walks into my sisters office one day and see's our picture in there

Cool stories. Kind of makes me want to meet some girls I liked in elementary at some random spot.

Well my freshman year of HS I talked to this dude in my Guitar class, very rocker/metal type guy. I always told him how Hip Hop>Rock, unknowing that I would love rock years later. So  he moved a year later. We weren't exactly friends, so we didn't keep in touch.
My senior year though, I had PE for a semester and the freshman were with us. I was talking to a freshman kid about music, and bands. I asked him about a certain band and he said "Oh my brother Diego" listens to them. It hit me then that he resembled his brother that was in my Guitar class.

Also, In my weight training class there was a dude who, when I'd wear an Iron Maiden shirt, would say "o u like Iron Maiden?"
alien.gif

next semester I had a new class and really liked a girl, who was his little sister.
alien.gif

Saw my 5th grade principal at Wendy's

Cool stories. Kind of makes me want to meet some girls I liked in elementary at some random spot.

Well my freshman year of HS I talked to this dude in my Guitar class, very rocker/metal type guy. I always told him how Hip Hop>Rock, unknowing that I would love rock years later. So  he moved a year later. We weren't exactly friends, so we didn't keep in touch.
My senior year though, I had PE for a semester and the freshman were with us. I was talking to a freshman kid about music, and bands. I asked him about a certain band and he said "Oh my brother Diego" listens to them. It hit me then that he resembled his brother that was in my Guitar class.

Also, In my weight training class there was a dude who, when I'd wear an Iron Maiden shirt, would say "o u like Iron Maiden?"
alien.gif

next semester I had a new class and really liked a girl, who was his little sister.
alien.gif

Saw my 5th grade principal at Wendy's

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I wish i could find a girl to be a nerd with like this.

But anywho, I moved to foster city, ca from san francisco in 6th grade, and tragically at the end of the year my brothers father died, at the reception i end up bumping into my best friend from the school in sf. Apparently he had moved out to san mateo right after i did, didn't see him again until 2 years later when i started high school and he ended up at the same school.
Also when i started 7th i ended up going to bowditch middle school and ended up kicking it with this female that was ok looking but was hella chill. Fast forward a year and i come home one day and my brother asks me if i know a girl by the same name. I say yeah, and he tells me that shes his sister (my brother and her share the same dad, he and i share the same mom).

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I wish i could find a girl to be a nerd with like this.

But anywho, I moved to foster city, ca from san francisco in 6th grade, and tragically at the end of the year my brothers father died, at the reception i end up bumping into my best friend from the school in sf. Apparently he had moved out to san mateo right after i did, didn't see him again until 2 years later when i started high school and he ended up at the same school.
Also when i started 7th i ended up going to bowditch middle school and ended up kicking it with this female that was ok looking but was hella chill. Fast forward a year and i come home one day and my brother asks me if i know a girl by the same name. I say yeah, and he tells me that shes his sister (my brother and her share the same dad, he and i share the same mom).

the rapper B.o.B. used to be a family friend back in grade school. I lost touch with him over the years though.

the rapper B.o.B. used to be a family friend back in grade school. I lost touch with him over the years though.

Originally Posted by Appalachian58

I have a friend who really made it, dont wanna mention who he is, but Id always wanted to reconnect with him since before that. Now Im kinda feelin like if I was to try to contact him hed feel like I was one of many cats who comes back from his past just cuz hes made it
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Appalachian58

I have a friend who really made it, dont wanna mention who he is, but Id always wanted to reconnect with him since before that. Now Im kinda feelin like if I was to try to contact him hed feel like I was one of many cats who comes back from his past just cuz hes made it
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom