Post your "IT'S A SMALL WORLD" stories Vol. NO %$@+@#% WAY

Middle school (Meade Middle): My school is split into two halves, the blue team and the gold team. Why? I dunno, probably makes it easier to organize classes and gym/lunch and all that. The two teams rarely interact except blue team vs gold team basketball games.

I'm on the blue team, there's a dude on the gold team that hangs with this kid who looks like he's about 20. My boys new the 20 year old lookin dude, so the other guy becomes a "whassup guy" as i'm the "whassup guy" to the 20 year old dude and his boy.

Only went to that school for 8th grade, then moved from one part of Maryland (Anne Arundel County) to a completely different part both in location and in culture (Prince George's County). I go to two different schools. The second school in the second half of 9th grade, I'm getting on the bus home from school, and I here a voice: "Yo! Didn't you go to Meade Middle?" It's the "whassup guy" and We didn't know eachothers names but we dapped eachother enough at Meade Middle that it was a crazy connection. He happened to have moved to my exact same neighborhood literally a block from my house earlier that year. That was 9th grade in like 2001. Now we're best friends and roommates.

Middle school (Meade Middle): My school is split into two halves, the blue team and the gold team. Why? I dunno, probably makes it easier to organize classes and gym/lunch and all that. The two teams rarely interact except blue team vs gold team basketball games.

I'm on the blue team, there's a dude on the gold team that hangs with this kid who looks like he's about 20. My boys new the 20 year old lookin dude, so the other guy becomes a "whassup guy" as i'm the "whassup guy" to the 20 year old dude and his boy.

Only went to that school for 8th grade, then moved from one part of Maryland (Anne Arundel County) to a completely different part both in location and in culture (Prince George's County). I go to two different schools. The second school in the second half of 9th grade, I'm getting on the bus home from school, and I here a voice: "Yo! Didn't you go to Meade Middle?" It's the "whassup guy" and We didn't know eachothers names but we dapped eachother enough at Meade Middle that it was a crazy connection. He happened to have moved to my exact same neighborhood literally a block from my house earlier that year. That was 9th grade in like 2001. Now we're best friends and roommates.

went on vacation to hawaii summer of my junior year,,,,,,,randomly ran into my art teacher from that year at some hotel i just went into cuz the pool/lobby area looked cool.

went on vacation to hawaii summer of my junior year,,,,,,,randomly ran into my art teacher from that year at some hotel i just went into cuz the pool/lobby area looked cool.

In middle school and HS, I played in band (percussion). 7th grade, I was in this Honors Band program that collected certain students from different schools in the area and put on a concert. Fast forward to my Senior year of college and I find the program flier for it. Come to find out, my girlfriend played clarinet in the same concert. We still laugh about it every now and then.

In middle school and HS, I played in band (percussion). 7th grade, I was in this Honors Band program that collected certain students from different schools in the area and put on a concert. Fast forward to my Senior year of college and I find the program flier for it. Come to find out, my girlfriend played clarinet in the same concert. We still laugh about it every now and then.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I think Jamie Chung is hot 
embarassed.gif
devil.gif
...Turns out she and my cousin are really good friends...Was my cousin's bridesmaid.
nerd.gif
A lot of my friends know Jamie from church in SF. Apparently she got hated on a lot because she was the best looking one
laugh.gif

Anyways, my boss and I went to the same elementary school in Oak Park, IL (We live in The Bay, CA). She grew up like a block away from me, but like 20 years before me.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I think Jamie Chung is hot 
embarassed.gif
devil.gif
...Turns out she and my cousin are really good friends...Was my cousin's bridesmaid.
nerd.gif
A lot of my friends know Jamie from church in SF. Apparently she got hated on a lot because she was the best looking one
laugh.gif

Anyways, my boss and I went to the same elementary school in Oak Park, IL (We live in The Bay, CA). She grew up like a block away from me, but like 20 years before me.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

I didn't know ESCO had a roomate...mindblown

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

I didn't know ESCO had a roomate...mindblown

Junior year transferred to college in Atl, and the first person I meet on campus is a dude I went to hs wit in bmore...

One summer night me and my bro were chillin wit these 2 chicks n we smashed soon as we met em..shorty I hit phone starts blowing up n its her man, n he says he outside on the car...me n my bro leave n go catch up wit my homeboys to see some more chicks and I get a phone call from shorty I just smashed man..he talkin tough on the phone said he seen me leave n all that n says his name..I remember my homeboy mentioned the same name n turns out its the same dude n we became cool eventually..we still joke bout how I hit his girl lol

Junior year transferred to college in Atl, and the first person I meet on campus is a dude I went to hs wit in bmore...

One summer night me and my bro were chillin wit these 2 chicks n we smashed soon as we met em..shorty I hit phone starts blowing up n its her man, n he says he outside on the car...me n my bro leave n go catch up wit my homeboys to see some more chicks and I get a phone call from shorty I just smashed man..he talkin tough on the phone said he seen me leave n all that n says his name..I remember my homeboy mentioned the same name n turns out its the same dude n we became cool eventually..we still joke bout how I hit his girl lol

Moved into a pretty large apt building in Ktown in La....
a Cheerleader who i used to be super cool with in HS (i was on the fb team so u know), lived 2 doors down on the same floor. like we walk out at the same time the first time and just stopped and stared. like "!##?"
after that it was all good. eatin dinner at her place every night.

and her roommate was this super bad brazillian chick.

Moved into a pretty large apt building in Ktown in La....
a Cheerleader who i used to be super cool with in HS (i was on the fb team so u know), lived 2 doors down on the same floor. like we walk out at the same time the first time and just stopped and stared. like "!##?"
after that it was all good. eatin dinner at her place every night.

and her roommate was this super bad brazillian chick.

Once was buyin some shoes at the mall and turns out the salesgirl was one of my coworkers exgirlfriends
This ones not really my story, but my friends Gma babysat Kurt Cobain
eek.gif

Once was buyin some shoes at the mall and turns out the salesgirl was one of my coworkers exgirlfriends
This ones not really my story, but my friends Gma babysat Kurt Cobain
eek.gif

When I went to the Philippines last year, my fam went to the boracay beach. There I was with my little brother at the shore n he met a kid about his age and they were hella playing with each other.

His dad came up to me n we started choppin it up. He told me he moved to Austrailia from SF and was an x-ray tech and I told him I was born in San Francisco and was a freshman in college also studying radiology. I told him my dad was a CT tech from city college. Weird coincidence right? I told my dad bout that dude and he told me to get his name.

Got the name and ran back to my dad and it turns out that that was my dads old coworker from San Francisco General Hospital and we rented a room from him 18 yrs before where I was born.

Shortly after I was born the guy moved to Australia and had a daughter. (I was eyein her before all this
devil.gif
) So I got my dad n him together and they started choppin it up.

Its hella crazy tho how my lil brother playing with his son led to my dad seeing someone who moved halfway around the world almost 19 years ago. We just happened to run into each other.

Small world right?

When I went to the Philippines last year, my fam went to the boracay beach. There I was with my little brother at the shore n he met a kid about his age and they were hella playing with each other.

His dad came up to me n we started choppin it up. He told me he moved to Austrailia from SF and was an x-ray tech and I told him I was born in San Francisco and was a freshman in college also studying radiology. I told him my dad was a CT tech from city college. Weird coincidence right? I told my dad bout that dude and he told me to get his name.

Got the name and ran back to my dad and it turns out that that was my dads old coworker from San Francisco General Hospital and we rented a room from him 18 yrs before where I was born.

Shortly after I was born the guy moved to Australia and had a daughter. (I was eyein her before all this
devil.gif
) So I got my dad n him together and they started choppin it up.

Its hella crazy tho how my lil brother playing with his son led to my dad seeing someone who moved halfway around the world almost 19 years ago. We just happened to run into each other.

Small world right?

This is gonna be a big one..

I live in Houston TX.

So i take my first ever and only [so far] trip to NYC in 2009. I made a few threads asking for stuff to do and where to get a fade at
laugh.gif

And I land on thursday August 14, 2009. I had a hotel in times square with my sis and cousin. And I drop my bags off in the room, put my camera stuff together and go out and start shooting in TS.

I like doing street photography and shooting random 'characters'...some people just stand out to me. So... I was shooting in TS right? And I seen waves of various tourists from diff countries...but I saw a group of girls walking down the street, kinda happy n ++$* right? N Im like "yo god these chicks might not be from here" and I shot the pic nahmean. After the 4-day trip, I go through the pics I shoot, about 1000 total, and I ultimately decide that the pic I shot of the chicks is my fav. It represented the vast sea of people, all doing their own thing at once on the street, and the diverse face of NYC sidewalks. etc etc

Here's the pic

So I later on decide that I need to take my music seriously and I use that same pic ^^^^^^^^^^ as the album cover for my first project. And I upload the pic to facebook..

So tell me why.. this lightskinned chick I had added randomly, like all beasts do, comments the pic I uploaded. And I just laugh at it cuz I thought they just look alike. And I say something sarcastic and silly...not thinking nothin of it nahmean. Heres the convo.

21an71u.jpg

Little did I know how much had just gone over my head, though..

Fast forward to like June or March or some ++$* of 2010...Im at a house party in my neighborhood, my friend has a nice big house a few streets down and I attend it instead of going to the homie chad's Bday. Common had just had a concert that I skipped so I could avoid seeing some birds from the past and I just went straight to the house party. And Im coolin yaheardme, just sipping on some henn and choppin it up, texting my  woady Darrel [hes from N.O., they say that] on how to get there. And I see a girl I used to semi talk to named lauren come in...with the same lightskin girl who had commented my pics. And I say hi etc etc, nothing serious.

....Till me and lightskin girl briefly talk in the kitchen. And she drops this bomb on me, that her and 2 other girls were in new york in 2009. and I was like "me too god nahmean" and she was like "...we know, we're in that pic, it was me stacy and daniel"...and I think for a sec, and ask for proof...and she shows me pics of her in the same out fit.

and i immediately do this.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

And my friend took a pic of me right after the revelation with the same girl.
30642_436481046205_660581205_6145453_2781192_n.jpg

To sum this up, I shot a random pic of 3 girls in NYC in 2009, that stood out to me.

I live in houston tx. and so did they...and we have hundreds of mutual friends amongst us.

What was simply a reaction to a brief thought became a long story of familiarity n ++$* with people I thought I'd never see again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is gonna be a big one..

I live in Houston TX.

So i take my first ever and only [so far] trip to NYC in 2009. I made a few threads asking for stuff to do and where to get a fade at
laugh.gif

And I land on thursday August 14, 2009. I had a hotel in times square with my sis and cousin. And I drop my bags off in the room, put my camera stuff together and go out and start shooting in TS.

I like doing street photography and shooting random 'characters'...some people just stand out to me. So... I was shooting in TS right? And I seen waves of various tourists from diff countries...but I saw a group of girls walking down the street, kinda happy n ++$* right? N Im like "yo god these chicks might not be from here" and I shot the pic nahmean. After the 4-day trip, I go through the pics I shoot, about 1000 total, and I ultimately decide that the pic I shot of the chicks is my fav. It represented the vast sea of people, all doing their own thing at once on the street, and the diverse face of NYC sidewalks. etc etc

Here's the pic

So I later on decide that I need to take my music seriously and I use that same pic ^^^^^^^^^^ as the album cover for my first project. And I upload the pic to facebook..

So tell me why.. this lightskinned chick I had added randomly, like all beasts do, comments the pic I uploaded. And I just laugh at it cuz I thought they just look alike. And I say something sarcastic and silly...not thinking nothin of it nahmean. Heres the convo.

21an71u.jpg

Little did I know how much had just gone over my head, though..

Fast forward to like June or March or some ++$* of 2010...Im at a house party in my neighborhood, my friend has a nice big house a few streets down and I attend it instead of going to the homie chad's Bday. Common had just had a concert that I skipped so I could avoid seeing some birds from the past and I just went straight to the house party. And Im coolin yaheardme, just sipping on some henn and choppin it up, texting my  woady Darrel [hes from N.O., they say that] on how to get there. And I see a girl I used to semi talk to named lauren come in...with the same lightskin girl who had commented my pics. And I say hi etc etc, nothing serious.

....Till me and lightskin girl briefly talk in the kitchen. And she drops this bomb on me, that her and 2 other girls were in new york in 2009. and I was like "me too god nahmean" and she was like "...we know, we're in that pic, it was me stacy and daniel"...and I think for a sec, and ask for proof...and she shows me pics of her in the same out fit.

and i immediately do this.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

And my friend took a pic of me right after the revelation with the same girl.
30642_436481046205_660581205_6145453_2781192_n.jpg

To sum this up, I shot a random pic of 3 girls in NYC in 2009, that stood out to me.

I live in houston tx. and so did they...and we have hundreds of mutual friends amongst us.

What was simply a reaction to a brief thought became a long story of familiarity n ++$* with people I thought I'd never see again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have two stories one is about me and the other happened to my dad.

Mine
Me and my best friend (currently) have been hanging out for about a year now. You can say we have a bromance.
Well one day at work (i work at best buy) im helping a customer and her husband pick out a TV. She interrupts me while i'm explaining the differences between a few tv's and tells me i look really familiar. She asked what my dad's name was and i told her. She asked if i remember her and i'm like no. She then goes on to say that her dad is my older brother's godfather. i was like hmm. 5 minutes later i ask her husband what his job in the Marines was. So we carried on a conversation because i was interested in joining the marines. So then he asks what school i go to and i tell him. As soon as i tell his wife asked if i knew Luis (my best friend). I told her I did and she then said that was her cousin. It was so surreal.

Dad's
Long story short. We went to Disneyworld this summer. Waited in line for Space Mountain. Dad makes small talk with guy in front of us. Conversation grows. Come to find out it was a friend my dad hasn't seen in almost 40 years.

Back
Top Bottom