Post your "IT'S A SMALL WORLD" stories Vol. NO %$@+@#% WAY

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Appalachian58

the rapper B.o.B. used to be a family friend back in grade school. I lost touch with him over the years though.
I have a friend who really made it, dont wanna mention who he is, but Id always wanted to reconnect with him since before that. Now Im kinda feelin like if I was to try to contact him hed feel like I was one of many cats who comes back from his past just cuz hes made it
tired.gif
Yeah, I talked to him bout a year ago on facebook. but then i realized he would probably think the same thing so it was a short conversation

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Appalachian58

the rapper B.o.B. used to be a family friend back in grade school. I lost touch with him over the years though.
I have a friend who really made it, dont wanna mention who he is, but Id always wanted to reconnect with him since before that. Now Im kinda feelin like if I was to try to contact him hed feel like I was one of many cats who comes back from his past just cuz hes made it
tired.gif
Yeah, I talked to him bout a year ago on facebook. but then i realized he would probably think the same thing so it was a short conversation

A few years ago, when FB introduced the new custom URL, TechCrunch ran this story:

Spoiler [+]
Hands Down, The Best Facebook Vanity URL

MG Siegler Jun 13, 2009

picture-113-630x450.png

As you no doubt heard last night, the whole Facebook vanity URL grab thing was big. Within seven minutes of the service being available last night, 345,000 users grabbed one. Within 15 minutes, over a half million had, Facebook spokesperson Larry Yu told Bloomberg. But who got the best one.

The best one I’ve seen by far, was grabbed by Christine Shipley of San Francisco. Rather than go for facebook.com/christine.shipley or even facebook.com/shipley, she went with facebook.com/default.aspx. Yes, her name could easily be confused as the default landing page for Facebook. (Though, savvy users will know that the site is actually built in PHP, and not ASP, which the .aspx extension suggests).

Not surprisingly, people are already trying to sell their Facebook vanity URLs as well. The service Assetize, which we wrote about yesterday, already has 4 accounts for sale. The accounts listed are: cotman, pokerbook, sexybook and shekhar. The listing amount for each is “best offer

A few years ago, when FB introduced the new custom URL, TechCrunch ran this story:

Spoiler [+]
Hands Down, The Best Facebook Vanity URL

MG Siegler Jun 13, 2009

picture-113-630x450.png

As you no doubt heard last night, the whole Facebook vanity URL grab thing was big. Within seven minutes of the service being available last night, 345,000 users grabbed one. Within 15 minutes, over a half million had, Facebook spokesperson Larry Yu told Bloomberg. But who got the best one.

The best one I’ve seen by far, was grabbed by Christine Shipley of San Francisco. Rather than go for facebook.com/christine.shipley or even facebook.com/shipley, she went with facebook.com/default.aspx. Yes, her name could easily be confused as the default landing page for Facebook. (Though, savvy users will know that the site is actually built in PHP, and not ASP, which the .aspx extension suggests).

Not surprisingly, people are already trying to sell their Facebook vanity URLs as well. The service Assetize, which we wrote about yesterday, already has 4 accounts for sale. The accounts listed are: cotman, pokerbook, sexybook and shekhar. The listing amount for each is “best offer

not all that mind blowing, but it was to me when it happened:

My freshman year of college, I started dating a freshman girl I met at the pre-college summer program. We were still in the infancy stage of dating so I was doing me with other jawns. At the first major school party of the fall semester, I was drunk out of my mind and ended up going home with this upperclassmen chick who I didn't know from jump street. bagged her at the party and she went back to my dorm room. I didn't smash but I got the top
pimp.gif
. I wasn't interested in seeing her again so I never called her or anything.

Anyway, so like a week after that, the chick I was dating was assigned her "mentor" for her major (not sure what the term was, but freshman in her major got assigned to an upperclassmen to keep them focused or some $%@&) of course it was the girl from the party. party with almost 1000 people packed in there, and I manage to go home with her.

she had no idea we were dating and my chick obviously had no idea of scheme that went down, but that didn't last very long. she ended up finding out that I was dating her and gave my girl a very slick and coded message to give to me. i forgot what it was but it definitely made the block hot for me. we eventually broke it off.

not all that mind blowing, but it was to me when it happened:

My freshman year of college, I started dating a freshman girl I met at the pre-college summer program. We were still in the infancy stage of dating so I was doing me with other jawns. At the first major school party of the fall semester, I was drunk out of my mind and ended up going home with this upperclassmen chick who I didn't know from jump street. bagged her at the party and she went back to my dorm room. I didn't smash but I got the top
pimp.gif
. I wasn't interested in seeing her again so I never called her or anything.

Anyway, so like a week after that, the chick I was dating was assigned her "mentor" for her major (not sure what the term was, but freshman in her major got assigned to an upperclassmen to keep them focused or some $%@&) of course it was the girl from the party. party with almost 1000 people packed in there, and I manage to go home with her.

she had no idea we were dating and my chick obviously had no idea of scheme that went down, but that didn't last very long. she ended up finding out that I was dating her and gave my girl a very slick and coded message to give to me. i forgot what it was but it definitely made the block hot for me. we eventually broke it off.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

This is gonna be a big one..

I live in Houston TX.

So i take my first ever and only [so far] trip to NYC in 2009. I made a few threads asking for stuff to do and where to get a fade at
laugh.gif

And I land on thursday August 14, 2009. I had a hotel in times square with my sis and cousin. And I drop my bags off in the room, put my camera stuff together and go out and start shooting in TS.

I like doing street photography and shooting random 'characters'...some people just stand out to me. So... I was shooting in TS right? And I seen waves of various tourists from diff countries...but I saw a group of girls walking down the street, kinda happy n ++$* right? N Im like "yo god these chicks might not be from here" and I shot the pic nahmean. After the 4-day trip, I go through the pics I shoot, about 1000 total, and I ultimately decide that the pic I shot of the chicks is my fav. It represented the vast sea of people, all doing their own thing at once on the street, and the diverse face of NYC sidewalks. etc etc

Here's the pic

So I later on decide that I need to take my music seriously and I use that same pic ^^^^^^^^^^ as the album cover for my first project. And I upload the pic to facebook..

So tell me why.. this lightskinned chick I had added randomly, like all beasts do, comments the pic I uploaded. And I just laugh at it cuz I thought they just look alike. And I say something sarcastic and silly...not thinking nothin of it nahmean. Heres the convo.

21an71u.jpg

Little did I know how much had just gone over my head, though..

Fast forward to like June or March or some ++$* of 2010...Im at a house party in my neighborhood, my friend has a nice big house a few streets down and I attend it instead of going to the homie chad's Bday. Common had just had a concert that I skipped so I could avoid seeing some birds from the past and I just went straight to the house party. And Im coolin yaheardme, just sipping on some henn and choppin it up, texting my  woady Darrel [hes from N.O., they say that] on how to get there. And I see a girl I used to semi talk to named lauren come in...with the same lightskin girl who had commented my pics. And I say hi etc etc, nothing serious.

....Till me and lightskin girl briefly talk in the kitchen. And she drops this bomb on me, that her and 2 other girls were in new york in 2009. and I was like "me too god nahmean" and she was like "...we know, we're in that pic, it was me stacy and daniel"...and I think for a sec, and ask for proof...and she shows me pics of her in the same out fit.

and i immediately do this.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

And my friend took a pic of me right after the revelation with the same girl.
30642_436481046205_660581205_6145453_2781192_n.jpg

To sum this up, I shot a random pic of 3 girls in NYC in 2009, that stood out to me.

I live in houston tx. and so did they...and we have hundreds of mutual friends amongst us.

What was simply a reaction to a brief thought became a long story of familiarity n ++$* with people I thought I'd never see again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

best one yet

I live in Houston TX.

So i take my first ever and only [so far] trip to NYC in 2009. I made a few threads asking for stuff to do and where to get a fade at
laugh.gif

And I land on thursday August 14, 2009. I had a hotel in times square with my sis and cousin. And I drop my bags off in the room, put my camera stuff together and go out and start shooting in TS.

I like doing street photography and shooting random 'characters'...some people just stand out to me. So... I was shooting in TS right? And I seen waves of various tourists from diff countries...but I saw a group of girls walking down the street, kinda happy n ++$* right? N Im like "yo god these chicks might not be from here" and I shot the pic nahmean. After the 4-day trip, I go through the pics I shoot, about 1000 total, and I ultimately decide that the pic I shot of the chicks is my fav. It represented the vast sea of people, all doing their own thing at once on the street, and the diverse face of NYC sidewalks. etc etc

Here's the pic

So I later on decide that I need to take my music seriously and I use that same pic ^^^^^^^^^^ as the album cover for my first project. And I upload the pic to facebook..

So tell me why.. this lightskinned chick I had added randomly, like all beasts do, comments the pic I uploaded. And I just laugh at it cuz I thought they just look alike. And I say something sarcastic and silly...not thinking nothin of it nahmean. Heres the convo.

21an71u.jpg

Fast forward to like June or March or some ++$* of 2010...Im at a house party in my neighborhood, my friend has a nice big house a few streets down and I attend it instead of going to the homie chad's Bday. Common had just had a concert that I skipped so I could avoid seeing some birds from the past and I just went straight to the house party. And Im coolin yaheardme, just sipping on some henn and choppin it up, texting my  woady Darrel [hes from N.O., they say that] on how to get there. And I see a girl I used to semi talk to named lauren come in...with the same lightskin girl who had commented my pics. And I say hi etc etc, nothing serious.

....Till me and lightskin girl briefly talk in the kitchen. And she drops this bomb on me, that her and 2 other girls were in new york in 2009. and I was like "me too god nahmean" and she was like "...we know, we're in that pic, it was me stacy and daniel"...and I think for a sec, and ask for proof...and she shows me pics of her in the same out fit.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

To sum this up, I shot a random pic of 3 girls in NYC in 2009, that stood out to me.

I live in houston tx. and so did they...and we have hundreds of mutual friends amongst us.

What was simply a reaction to a brief thought became a long story of familiarity n ++$* with people I thought I'd never see again.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

best one yet

Originally Posted by Caerus

I live in Houston TX.

laugh.gif

Here's the pic

21an71u.jpg

FFFFUUUU.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

best one yet

Originally Posted by Caerus

I live in Houston TX.

laugh.gif

Here's the pic

21an71u.jpg

FFFFUUUU.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

best one yet

Not really a small world story, but My aunt was an OG member of the Black Eyed Peas. She left the group because they felt she was getting all the attention and they started to act funny towards her (Will I Am, Taboo) so she decided to go solo.

Fast forward literally a year or so after she left and they drop the song with Justin T. that transformed them into stardom and worldwide & the rest is history.

Ya can youtube her with them...Her name is Kim Hill

Not really a small world story, but My aunt was an OG member of the Black Eyed Peas. She left the group because they felt she was getting all the attention and they started to act funny towards her (Will I Am, Taboo) so she decided to go solo.

Fast forward literally a year or so after she left and they drop the song with Justin T. that transformed them into stardom and worldwide & the rest is history.

Ya can youtube her with them...Her name is Kim Hill

this guy i went to high school with, we became pretty good friends. His dad was coaching college football at the time so he had to move to San Jose, CA and ended up at my H.S. So we became good friends, our parents meet and all that cuz were on the same football team, and my dad and his mom were in the same elementary class in Germany. their parents were in the military so they moved alot. but ya me and my boy just found that that was pretty crazy

this guy i went to high school with, we became pretty good friends. His dad was coaching college football at the time so he had to move to San Jose, CA and ended up at my H.S. So we became good friends, our parents meet and all that cuz were on the same football team, and my dad and his mom were in the same elementary class in Germany. their parents were in the military so they moved alot. but ya me and my boy just found that that was pretty crazy

1. my sophmore year of college my vball team was playing at san diego state...my whole family is sdsu alumn and from the san diego area so i asked my other teammates if i could use their empty spots on the guest list for my fam. i'm looking through the list, and i see on one of my teammates lists is a name of one of my cousins. one of my teammates would talk about her cousin who played for the SD Chargers practice team and I would be like weird so does my cousin I wonder if theyre friends...turns out my cousin = her cousin...my side of the family calls him geebs, her side of the family calls him bubba so we never really put two and two together that they were the same person. also made no sense bc i'm from socal and she is from jersey...but somehow we have the same cousins...so we're cousins

2. when i was 12 my parents were buggin and made me go to etiquette class three times a week for like 3 months or something like that. there was a lowkey fat light skinned black girl in my class, along with a bunch of other girls. my freshman year of college i'm leaving from LAX to go back to school and this girl comes and sits next to me in the airport. i'm like hi, there are a dozen other chairs...you had to sit riiiight next to me? the girl laughs says oh you dont remember me? i'm like no, where do i know you from? so then she goes hi its laurel...remember from etitquette class? i dont really remember her from the class but i kind of do...just strange as hell that we ended up at the same college, had similar friends and everything...just weird.

1. my sophmore year of college my vball team was playing at san diego state...my whole family is sdsu alumn and from the san diego area so i asked my other teammates if i could use their empty spots on the guest list for my fam. i'm looking through the list, and i see on one of my teammates lists is a name of one of my cousins. one of my teammates would talk about her cousin who played for the SD Chargers practice team and I would be like weird so does my cousin I wonder if theyre friends...turns out my cousin = her cousin...my side of the family calls him geebs, her side of the family calls him bubba so we never really put two and two together that they were the same person. also made no sense bc i'm from socal and she is from jersey...but somehow we have the same cousins...so we're cousins

2. when i was 12 my parents were buggin and made me go to etiquette class three times a week for like 3 months or something like that. there was a lowkey fat light skinned black girl in my class, along with a bunch of other girls. my freshman year of college i'm leaving from LAX to go back to school and this girl comes and sits next to me in the airport. i'm like hi, there are a dozen other chairs...you had to sit riiiight next to me? the girl laughs says oh you dont remember me? i'm like no, where do i know you from? so then she goes hi its laurel...remember from etitquette class? i dont really remember her from the class but i kind of do...just strange as hell that we ended up at the same college, had similar friends and everything...just weird.

- In freshman health class I was eyeing this girl and started talking to her, after getting to know each other I find out we have the same cousin Omar who's stupid, gullible and 
pimp.gif
all day. were cousins, her from Omar's mom side and me from Omar's dad side. close call
laugh.gif

- One day my mom went to Bank Of America to deposit or withdraw whatever idk in the drive-thru ATM. she comes home and gets a phone call later that day from our best family friends daughter and says she found her card in the ATM
eek.gif
. To think that anyone else could have easily withdrawn any/all amount of money and make us go broke. she spent the whole day double and triple checking with her family what was my mom's exact name was
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom