Post your toys! Vol. 1?

you can also get the Gundam Astray in Red frame

with the same giant sword/shield/bow thingy and in a Gold frame

with some slightly diff pieces and giant claws, strangely a quick google search shows that they seem to have gotten carried away with the cws
I already knew that, have you forgot who you're talking to? :wink: :tongue:

But yea, the Seed Astray manga has many Gundam frame variations :lol:

Only thing is red frame and blue frames tactical arms (the sword) are different. Red frames turns into a bow and arrow while the blue frames turns into a gun turret. Their swords also turn into different flight packs as well.

Astray good frame is weird as hell. I never even bothered looking into it because band is doesn't make it in master grade form. Just non graded 1/100.
I feel you, I pretty much only mess with master grades due to the size. But if size doesn't matter to you, they did release a real grade gold frame just a few months ago.

I feel you, I pretty much only mess with master grades due to the size. But if size doesn't matter to you, they did release a real grade gold frame just a few months ago.

Size is exactly why I got back into this hobby lol I used to mess with high grades 15 ish years ago because I was a fan of gundams but only could afford to buy high grades which must didn't do it for me. Fast forward to today where I can buy all the master grades I want, I don't think I can drop back down to that size. Plus I hear building real grades is a night mare with all the tiny parts.

Size is exactly why I got back into this hobby lol I used to mess with high grades 15 ish years ago because I was a fan of gundams but only could afford to buy high grades which must didn't do it for me. Fast forward to today where I can buy all the master grades I want, I don't think I can drop back down to that size. Plus I hear building real grades is a night mare with all the tiny parts.

Yes building high grades is a nightmare, too many small moving parts due to scale. I started building 1/144 kits cause that's all my parents could afford to buy me at the time they were readily available at walmart, toys r us, etc...

Then my mom bought me my first MG back in like 2004, which happened to be the first ever MG gundam, and I haven't looked back ever since. This was way before I even knew this was a hobby, I just knew that I liked building these robots as much as I liked watching the anime.

Same thing with Zoids, parents also bought me a few of those too. Think I've built over 40+ model kits in my entire young life.

Last edited:

you can also get the Gundam Astray in Red frame

with the same giant sword/shield/bow thingy and in a Gold frame

with some slightly diff pieces and giant claws, strangely a quick google search shows that they seem to have gotten carried away with the cws
I already knew that, have you forgot who you're talking to?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

But yea, the Seed Astray manga has many Gundam frame variations
laugh.gif

Only thing is red frame and blue frames tactical arms (the sword) are different. Red frames turns into a bow and arrow while the blue frames turns into a gun turret. Their swords also turn into different flight packs as well.

Astray good frame is weird as hell. I never even bothered looking into it because band is doesn't make it in master grade form. Just non graded 1/100.
i never realized there wasn't a mg for the gold, i'm kinda in shock 
eek.gif
 and yeah when i googled the astray blue and red it was crazy when green and all kinds of other rainbow colors started popping up, i was like what is all this non-sense 
laugh.gif
 i really think my fav that i've built has been the strike noir, it just had so many cool little touches, but i broke the sword wing on oneside, i really need to get another and i need to get a deathscythe 7734 ew bcuz it's my fav gundam period, actually i need 2 bcuz i want the wings for a batman custom 
devil.gif

Last edited:

eek.gif
 and yeah when i googled the astray blue and red it was crazy when green and all kinds of other rainbow colors started popping up, i was like what is all this non-sense 
laugh.gif
 i really think my fav that i've built has been the strike noir, it just had so many cool little touches, but i broke the sword wing on oneside, i really need to get another and i need to get a deathscythe 7734 ew bcuz it's my fav gundam period, actually i need 2 bcuz i want the wings for a batman custom 
devil.gif

yup no master grade unfortunately. although im not even sure ID want one. metallic looking parts like that are a pain to work with when it comes to nubs and flaking. 

on another note, i know ive been posting heavily about gundams lately cause thats all ive got at the moment lol but here are my completed gundams kits so far. all in various stages of detailing/paining.

since these kits are all scaled proportionally its crazy seeing the varying heights some gundams are compared to others. Specifically wing gundam, i dont think many people realize hes pretty short in comparison to others

Future builds minus a few 

Last edited:
i never realized there wasn't a mg for the gold, i'm kinda in shock :wow:  and yeah when i googled the astray blue and red it was crazy when green and all kinds of other rainbow colors started popping up, i was like what is all this non-sense :lol:  i really think my fav that i've built has been the strike noir, it just had so many cool little touches, but i broke the sword wing on oneside, i really need to get another and i need to get a deathscythe 7734 ew bcuz it's my fav gundam period, actually i need 2 bcuz i want the wings for a batman custom :evil:  
yea the strike noir has many cool features, I'm surprised bandai hasn't updated it yet with their new modern Seed inner frame.

I need a deathscythe hell too, I wanna get all 5 suits from the endless waltz movie. But bandai wanna play games, they released the heavy arms custom and nataku as limited p-bandai products so not a lot of people got their hands on it. They need to go back and update the wing zero custom mg from 2004 as well, and I'm still waiting for them to make a sandrock custom. :rolleyes

yup no master grade unfortunately. although im not even sure ID want one. metallic looking parts like that are a pain to work with when it comes to nubs and flaking. 

on another note, i know ive been posting heavily about gundams lately cause thats all ive got at the moment lol but here are my completed gundams kits so far. all in various stages of detailing/paining.

since these kits are all scaled proportionally its crazy seeing the varying heights some gundams are compared to others. Specifically wing gundam, i dont think many people realize hes pretty short in comparison to others

Future builds minus a few 

who cares if that's all you've been posting about. It's a nice change from the Transformers and other action figures that get posted here.

As for the gold frame, metallic plated parts can be undergated during the engineering process of the runners. But this in turn will drive up the cost cause the engineers will have to manufacture new molds just for that, so it's likely we might not see a MG gold frame for a while.

In the after colony timeline (the universe Wing gundam is based on) all suits are like 16 meters tall. So when scaled down to a 1/100 model, they will be shorter in comparison to other mobile suits from the universal century. For example, the Sinanju will tower over the Wing gundam at 20 meters tall.

That's quite the backlog you got there :lol:. I would just go ahead and complete the whole Seed MG set, you still need the Aegis, Blitz, Aile Strike RM, and Providence.

I have that Mk II ver 2.0 but in the AEUG colors, it was the first ever 2.0 kit from 2005 so IMO it's kinda outdated. Why didn't you go for the newer updated Hi-Nu Ver Ka?

yea the strike noir has many cool features, I'm surprised bandai hasn't updated it yet with their new modern Seed inner frame.

I need a deathscythe hell too, I wanna get all 5 suits from the endless waltz movie. But bandai wanna play games, they released the heavy arms custom and nataku as limited p-bandai products so not a lot of people got their hands on it. They need to go back and update the wing zero custom mg from 2004 as well, and I'm still waiting for them to make a sandrock custom.
eyes.gif

who cares if that's all you've been posting about. It's a nice change from the Transformers and other action figures that get posted here.

As for the gold frame, metallic plated parts can be undergated during the engineering process of the runners. But this in turn will drive up the cost cause the engineers will have to manufacture new molds just for that, so it's likely we might not see a MG gold frame for a while.

In the after colony timeline (the universe Wing gundam is based on) all suits are like 16 meters tall. So when scaled down to a 1/100 model, they will be shorter in comparison to other mobile suits from the universal century. For example, the Sinanju will tower over the Wing gundam at 20 meters tall.

That's quite the backlog you got there
laugh.gif
. I would just go ahead and complete the whole Seed MG set, you still need the Aegis, Blitz, Aile Strike RM, and Providence.

I have that Mk II ver 2.0 but in the AEUG colors, it was the first ever 2.0 kit from 2005 so IMO it's kinda outdated. Why didn't you go for the newer updated Hi-Nu Ver Ka?
interesting about the gold frame being undergated. im a mechanical engineer and i work in manufacturing (although not in plastics anymore) idk why that didnt cross my mind.

As far as my back log goes, since I have no real ties to the animes aside from wing and g gundam and a few episodes of seed, im only buying kits i like aesthetically. Blitz and aegis dont cut it for me. Just not a huge fan of either. strike rm is a possibility buy the strike iwsp is the one that been catching my interest the most. providence gundam is meh to me as well. 

As for Hi nu ver ka, I did get it 
laugh.gif
, and nu gundam ver ka too. these pics were taken over the weekend and those came in yesterday. I got the 2007 hi nu for less than half of what if goes for now so I jumped on it. And even though i like the ver ka's build better i prefer the colors on the 2007 version. naturally I got both lol The kits missing from my back log kit now are nu and hi nu ver ka, sengoku astray (being delivered tomorrow), and FAZZ sentinel version which comes in next week. Im gonna hold off for now unless i find good deals on the few kits i still want which are sinanju ova version, strike iwsp, and possibly sazabi. other than that I want to enjoy building the my back log, especially since they all span such a large amount of time. I like taking notice in the evolutions bandai has put the MG kits through.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

I need a deathscythe hell too, I wanna get all 5 suits from the endless waltz movie. But bandai wanna play games, they released the heavy arms custom and nataku as limited p-bandai products so not a lot of people got their hands on it. They need to go back and update the wing zero custom mg from 2004 as well, and I'm still waiting for them to make a sandrock custom.
eyes.gif
i thought they did a sandrock ew, i know they did the rest and some are hard to get at good prices, i'll get the bandai for my real model but i'm going cheap with the dragon mondo ko for the backpack for my custom, i need to move into my house already so i can get back on the grind 
mean.gif

@jdfrenchbread23  don't worry bout posting a bunch of gundams it's a forum for all toys, don't worry there's a crap ton of 3P Transformers coming soon as 1000k kills is release and i can ship my loot, i picked up some SM Legends but for whatever reason i'm having trouble with the mobile site ver.

Sup breh's.
5ambs4.jpg

New scoops.
Except the despotron. But the eness hands are, so I decided to toss him in the pic.

Extra pic with the 2 goons :pimp:
2lxv90i.jpg

Last edited:
My master grade deliveries for this week. Particularly excited for the nu and hi nus. I've heard around that these are some of the best master grades to ever release so I'm really excited to start these builds when ever I get to them. Especially excited to see the similarities and differences in the hi nu builds.

Also got around to doing some detail work on the 1/100 full mechanics Barbatos. Was not at all a huge fan of the kit pre build but it came together amazingly for not being a graded kit. Looking forward to my other to Barbatos kits. Loving the Lupus design but skeptical about lupus Rex, but people seem to love it so I'll give it a try.

Before

After...the detailing really makes all the difference in the world.

^ good job

nu gundam ver ka is a legit kit. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
I'm surprised you didn't tell him "isn't that kit kinda old?" :rolleyes >D

interesting about the gold frame being undergated. im a mechanical engineer and i work in manufacturing (although not in plastics anymore) idk why that didnt cross my mind.

As far as my back log goes, since I have no real ties to the animes aside from wing and g gundam and a few episodes of seed, im only buying kits i like aesthetically. Blitz and aegis dont cut it for me. Just not a huge fan of either. strike rm is a possibility buy the strike iwsp is the one that been catching my interest the most. providence gundam is meh to me as well. 

As for Hi nu ver ka, I did get it :lol: , and nu gundam ver ka too. these pics were taken over the weekend and those came in yesterday. I got the 2007 hi nu for less than half of what if goes for now so I jumped on it. And even though i like the ver ka's build better i prefer the colors on the 2007 version. naturally I got both lol The kits missing from my back log kit now are nu and hi nu ver ka, sengoku astray (being delivered tomorrow), and FAZZ sentinel version which comes in next week. Im gonna hold off for now unless i find good deals on the few kits i still want which are sinanju ova version, strike iwsp, and possibly sazabi. other than that I want to enjoy building the my back log, especially since they all span such a large amount of time. I like taking notice in the evolutions bandai has put the MG kits through.
Aaahh ok, I thought you had watched the anime before. I see you're only into the aesthetics of the mecha, it's all good. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

The Hyaku Shiki 2.0 has all the outer armor runners undergated I believe. That's why it's priced quite high, plus it has a semi-metallic finish.

I have the sinanju ova version, it's highly regarded as one the best master grades ever. It's the exact same kit as the ver ka from 2008, just a slight change to the shade of red, the inner frame is made of PS instead of ABS for stability and paint adhesion, and it comes with the bazooka added.

I still need both the Nu and Sazabi, but those might have to hold on with the ZZ gundam and the Storm Sworder from Zoids releasing later this year.

i thought they did a sandrock ew, i know they did the rest and some are hard to get at good prices, i'll get the bandai for my real model but i'm going cheap with the dragon mondo ko for the backpack for my custom, i need to move into my house already so i can get back on the grind :smh:  

@jdfrenchbread23
 don't worry bout posting a bunch of gundams it's a forum for all toys, don't worry there's a crap ton of 3P Transformers coming soon as 1000k kills is release and i can ship my loot, i picked up some SM Legends but for whatever reason i'm having trouble with the mobile site ver.

Hard to get at good prices? Man all those Wing MGs are relatively cheap since they are small mobile suits to begin with. Especially with the USD to JPY exchange rate, they're all priced between $38-$29 right now. From what I remember reading around the time they all started to release, all those EW kits were not based on the anime though.

They are based on an ongoing manga in Japan called Endless Waltz:Glory of Losers, which is a re-telling of the anime series but in a novel form. They might look exactly the same as what we seen animated, but they have some slight differences. I might be wrong, but I think the only 2 master grades that are true to what was seen on TV is the Wing Gundam and the Wing Zero Custom.

Last edited:
Aaahh ok, I thought you had watched the anime before. I see you're only into the aesthetics of the mecha, it's all good. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

The Hyaku Shiki 2.0 has all the outer armor runners undergated I believe. That's why it's priced quite high, plus it has a semi-metallic finish.

I have the sinanju ova version, it's highly regarded as one the best master grades ever. It's the exact same kit as the ver ka from 2008, just a slight change to the shade of red, the inner frame is made of PS instead of ABS for stability and paint adhesion, and it comes with the bazooka added.

I still need both the Nu and Sazabi, but those might have to hold on with the ZZ gundam and the Storm Sworder from Zoids releasing later this year.
Hard to get at good prices? Man all those Wing MGs are relatively cheap since they are small mobile suits to begin with. Especially with the USD to JPY exchange rate, they're all priced between $38-$29 right now. From what I remember reading around the time they all started to release, all those EW kits were not based on the anime though.

Ive heard amazing things about the sinanju as well as the sazabi, was planning on picking up the sinanju this weekend but an ebay seller accepted my low-ish ball offer on the sazabi so im gonna hold out a bit for the sinanju. ZZ ver ka is going to be a beast and im really excited about it. I'll always be a fan of the the bulkier older designed gundam kits. Ive got 2 of the biggest gundam bricks coming in soon (fazz sentinel and ex-s) and even with their brick status and age im really excited about them. 

I wanted the Figuarts Kaioken Goku. I'm waiting/hoping that it pops up on BBTS, they had the SDCC Broly last year.

What were you guys looking for, I can always ask my connects. I just can't make any promises since I'm already at about 10 figures deep of EX's I have them picking up,lol

Now that you mention it would love the SDCC playmates x usagi yojimbo set lol

Thinking about diving into the Marvel Legends line but probably only collect Spider-Man and alternate costumes. Any good sites for those? Besides BBTS?

Back
Top Bottom