School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

you must be studying the GOP textbooks
Lol, as a liberal who likes to read as many different sources as possible. I think there is nothing wrong with a lot of conservative writers. Or do you take everything the NYT writes as gospel?

"Of course the United States took its own interests into account when leading that opposition, and of course it is possible to do wrong in the service of a just cause, as the United States often has. But none of that makes U.S. foreign policy, as bad as it very often is, anything like what Putin is up to, or what Khrushchev was up to before him, or Stalin before him. Nor is the U.S. role in the world anything like China’s, in spite of Michael’s suggestion of another equivalence there. The comparison is inapt and grotesque.

To fail to see that takes willful blindness."

This whole whataboutism when it comes to global policy with liberals and Trumpers is so stale....Both Putins actions and the US Neoconservative policies of the 90s and Bush years were/are terrible but that doesn't mean they're the same.

This what about nonsense is virtue signaling and in Trumpers case, - lame contrarianism. When I press people on this point in real life they fold after about two follow up questions and acknowledge this Ukraine situation IS unique AND worse. They just used to people eating this garbage.

Last edited:
You're better than me.

I would've been like "that's messed up he called me beforehand to give me a heads up and I'm not even Russian"

we troll her dumb *** so much I almost feel bad. it's relentless and she just sits there and takes it.

that andrew dude was out here interviewing one of our BDM's a few weeks ago and then asking if anyone had the plug to golf Shady Canyon
:lol:
on 55th

Same here. My sister was a mail clerk in the army for, I think 7 years. Served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Told me she would never speak to me again if I joined.

My dad joined the navy when he was 17. Did that for 15 years. Went back to civilian life, then joined the army reserves before retiring with a medical disability. Told me he’d beat my *** if I ever joined.

I got pretty far in the process of joining when I was a senior in high school. Was in regular contact with a recruiter, took the ASVAB, had my rank picked out. I was prepared to be shunned by the fam, but I tore my shoulder up in football that year and it pushed back my join timeline. Then I started partying and never looked back :lol:

That running back or pulling guard who ran you over saved your life :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

So I keep seeing stories about this 40 mile long Russian convoy that is just sitting there. Is there a reason they haven't just dropped some missiles on it by now? Is it not on Ukraine territory yet?

I thought you got the MOS confused with Rank.

Anyways, military is not for everyone ... However, if you're open minded, are discipline and don't mind following orders it can be very good/rewarding. Whether it be short term or career wise.

They pay you to stay in shape, teach you a trade, you get on the job experience, a vast network of former service members, travel (granted you can end up in a dump), etc ...

Do I want my relatives joining?? Depends on the world's climate ... i would rather them attend college/University but for some, I think could benefit from the military...

I feel like gun happy, overly aggressive and violent people are perfect for the military….

That video pissed me off man :lol:

You can tell those people have never even been to another country before. They probably never even been on a plane before.

My wife works for an Italian company. They are supposed to go to Italy for some “training” probably just gonna eat and drink.

Some dude from Indiana straight up tweaked out and revolted and said he’s never leaving america and if they try to make him go to Italy he’s quitting. :lol:

Acting like they’re trying to send him to North Korea.

So I keep seeing stories about this 40 mile long Russian convoy that is just sitting there. Is there a reason they haven't just dropped some missiles on it by now? Is it not on Ukraine territory yet?

They are just outside Kyiv. Speculation is that they are waiting for Russian forces to surround the city for a full scale assault or that they are stuck. Word was Ukraine was restocking Turkey made drones. So hopefully they are striking it and just not reporting on it to keep the Ukrainian soldiers safe. But yes, there is a fog of war on what is going on there.

Back
Top Bottom