School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

How long can any leader/president/dictator/prime minister last when your countrymen and women have drastically lower quality of life overnight? Like if tomorrow I couldn’t buy Nikes, trade stock, view pron……..the list goes on……I’m not putting up with that for very long. Who would?

How long can any leader/president/dictator/prime minister last when your countrymen and women have drastically lower quality of life overnight? Like if tomorrow I couldn’t buy Nikes, trade stock, view pron……..the list goes on……I’m not putting up with that for very long. Who would?

those who think the sanctions will work, what do you think is the probability it will work?

100%? 90%? 80%?

projected date/week it will turn things around?

Under Biden's America you can't do any of those things and is why I hope you are Trump 2024

They just have to restrict the kind of information they have access to and shift the blame; the only thing the general public will know is that Western nations are causing them pain for no reason. Without access to social media and news outlets that bridge the gap between the peoples of the West and Russians, there's no way to challenge the official narrative given by state media.

Meanwhile, the Russian government sets up an alternative trading system that bypasses western-controlled markets. Adding to the list of sanctioned countries the largest one on the planet is almost like putting together the ingredients to create an alternative economic system protected by nukes and large enough to overthrow the supremacy of the dollar.

As negotiations go on, western powers could add weight to the Ukrainian side by offering a total suspension of sanctions and a full reintegration of Russia into the international community. There's no long-term benefit in isolating them permanently.

They just have to restrict the kind of information they have access to and shift the blame; the only thing the general public will know is that Western nations are causing them pain for no reason. Without access to social media and news outlets that bridge the gap between the peoples of the West and Russians, there's no way to challenge the official narrative given by state media.

Meanwhile, the Russian government sets up an alternative trading system that bypasses western-controlled markets. Adding to the list of sanctioned countries the largest one on the planet is almost like putting together the ingredients to create an alternative economic system protected by nukes and large enough to overthrow the supremacy of the dollar.

As negotiations go on, western powers could add weight to the Ukrainian side by offering a total suspension of sanctions and a full reintegration of Russia into the international community. There's no long-term benefit in isolating them permanently.
Can you expand on the “alternative trading system” because that doesn’t sound sustainable on the surface. Nearly everything needs to be imported, if even allowed. Those imports have to be paid for with real money, so buying imported goods with currency and accepting Monopoly money in return can only last so long.

So sad that this dude is going to get murdered. Not a matter of if, just when. I hope his wife and kids are well taken care of and they can find some solace in the fact that the man will go down as a hero. He’s a much braver man than I’ll ever be, I know that.
In addition to that - my guy is in the thick of the fighting while Putin chillin back home. Cold world man…

So sad that this dude is going to get murdered. Not a matter of if, just when. I hope his wife and kids are well taken care of and they can find some solace in the fact that the man will go down as a hero. He’s a much braver man than I’ll ever be, I know that.
They’ll never say where his family is but at the beginning he said they will stay by him in a separate location. They have to be on Putins kill list as well.

I mean at this point every Ukrainian is. Russians are just scorch earthing these cities. They destroy everything. They shooting at civilians. They agreed to evacuation routes and if the reports are true - Russia gave no damns later and attack the evacuees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom