School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

The U.S. imports a majority of its crude oil from Canada.

INTERACTIVE-US-OIL-from-Russia.png

This is the one thing the right wing media loves to spout in the US with 0 credibility. We import almost 90% of our oil just from the americas. The Middle East and Russia could drop dead and it wouldn’t affect us directly in terms of access to oil outside of pricing.

I don’t model oil or gasoline price movements but Russian crude is such a tiny part of American supply that I can’t imagine an import block making much of a difference in gas prices

It’s a good point.

But suppliers will gauge. They’ll use every excuse to raise prices.

It’s just part of the game.

It’s a good point.

But suppliers will gauge. They’ll use every excuse to raise prices.

It’s just part of the game.

The crude oil market is an extremely competitive market and every producer in that market is a price taker

They are going to produce the same amount regardless of price (unless it dips below their marginal costs of production which is rare - e.g. 2020)

World supply and demand determines what the buyers will pay for it

Standouts for me is McDonalds and Philip Morris.

Russians love burgers and cigarettes it seems. They won't be in a rush to pull out.

Russia hasn't pushed back reopening their stock market so it should be open tomorrow. Time to see the damage.

people used to smoke like crazy here in mn. One day it seemed like everyone just stopped.

I don’t know anyone who smokes now.

One of the videos I posted a Russian dude said “He doesn’t know what he’ll do because he eats at McDonalds everyday”

I was like “wuttt” :lol: :sick:
It’s ppl that do that here and McDonald’s just known as run of the mill at best…I’m not surprised it’s daily Big Mac ppl overseas :lol: :smh:

For me .. gas prices are going up because it's time for these companies to **** us without Vaseline for sheltering these past 2 years. Now that everything is opening and Corona bounced overnight .. its time for these companies to make their billions again.

It was coming.

Now they can use Russia as an excuse too.

Nastyyy :sick:

yeah, it's just another opportunity to rip everyone off so they'll do it.

kind of like "inflation" sure there's inflation but a lot of it is just companies doing it to do it and take advantage of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom