School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

As this war continues, I can't help but realize the petty side of me comparing how Ukrainian refugees are treated in Europe than refugees with a different hue.
Said it before, America has problems but you can't pay me enough to live in homogeneous Europe. There's not a single doubt in mind if "my kind" showed up on the borders of Europe they'd tell me to go back to where I came from.
Rant over.
Bro ....

skynews-texasmigrants-whip_5519234.jpg

Murikkka

Where they wait with Whips ... not just a msg to go back.

Stop it fam, you sounding foolish ....

As this war continues, I can't help but realize the petty side of me comparing how Ukrainian refugees are treated in Europe than refugees with a different hue.
Said it before, America has problems but you can't pay me enough to live in homogeneous Europe. There's not a single doubt in mind if "my kind" showed up on the borders of Europe they'd tell me to go back to where I came from.
Rant over.
Lol I remember you now. Tell everybody how you were treated like **** at a store in italy(?) and yet you smiled, made a purchase anyway, aaaaand TIPPED THEM just to show that you were different than other tourist.

You get spit on and yet continue to give them your business.

You're not smart

Lol I remember you now. Tell everybody how you were treated like **** at a store in italy(?) and yet you smiled, made a purchase anyway, aaaaand TIPPED THEM just to show that you were different than other tourist.

You're not smart
say-what-huh.gif

Bro ....

skynews-texasmigrants-whip_5519234.jpg

Murikkka

Where they wait with Whips ... not just a msg to go back.

Stop it fam, you sounding foolish ....
Nobody defends that ****, and this **** is messed up. But there's a least millions of people here that look like me and my presence is normalized in at least half the country.
Have you been to Europe yourself (genuine question)? The not-so-subtle disdain they have for minorities , nah I'm good with that. This is all relative to me, no country is free of racism cause we suck as humans. But at least FOR ME, there's a lot of parts in the U.S. where the presence of minorities are accepted and normalized. I'm Asian myself and won't live in Asia because of their backwards views on black people. Nobody is claiming the U.S. is perfect and free of discrimination.

Last edited:

You're not smart

I went to Italy nearly a decade ago before I could drink legally and this happened. My worldview has changed and I've grown and I wouldn't do the same thing now if I was disrespected. I'll be the first to tell you I was dumber than bricks and continue to learn.
But keep digging though - you might find some **** from 2005 that'll make you feel better about your superior intellect.

I still am at a loss that people are taking this war so casually. You got Elon Musk on twitter cracking jokes while innocent people are being bombed and murdered.

I got friends who cracking jokes about it too (too low brow to even bring up). I can't understand the lack of empathy.

He went to Europe ONCE and encountered “direct racism”

Then somehow formed the opinion that the entirety of Europe is more racist towards people of color than in the US.
Than all? Show me where I'm trying to speak for everyone in the U.S.? And show me where do I deny that ugly racism exists here?
Literally framed in my own experience. Maybe read up on the amount of nationalist leaders that European countries are electing. There's literally a swamp of Donald Trumps there.

I still am at a loss that people are taking this war so casually. You got Elon Musk on twitter cracking jokes while innocent people are being bombed and murdered.

I got friends who cracking jokes about it too (too low brow to even bring up). I can't understand the lack of empathy.
A lot of people are pretty ****** when they’re not impacted personally.

Nobody defends that ****, and this **** is messed up. But there's a least millions of people here that look like me and my presence is normalized in at least half the country.
Have you been to Europe yourself (genuine question)? The not-so-subtle disdain they have for minorities , nah I'm good with that. This is all relative to me, no country is free of racism cause we suck as humans. But at least FOR ME, there's a lot of parts in the U.S. where the presence of minorities are accepted and normalized. I'm Asian myself and won't live in Asia because of their backwards views on black people. Nobody is claiming the U.S. is perfect and free of discrimination.
I've lived in Australia, a few countries in the EU and the UK now over the past 7 years. Racism exists everywhere but from my experiences the US takes the cake... it's on another level compared to where I've mentioned.

I can only see myself coming to the US to visit but highly unlikely that I ever move back permanently.

I've lived in Australia, a few countries in the EU and the UK now over the past 7 years. Racism exists everywhere but from my experiences the US takes the cake... it's on another level compared to where I've mentioned.

I can only see myself coming to the US to visit but highly unlikely that I ever move back permanently.
I've lived in Australia too and loved it there.
And that's totally fair, I'm the first to admit an Asian person like myself definitely does not have it as bad as brown/black people in the U.S. (not sure what you are but still stating that point)

Feel like social media has desensitized people to tragic situations like this. We're exposed to everything that happens immediately, whether it's a tweet, video, etc. Sensory overload.

All dude said is that there's major racism in Europe, I don't know if it's to the levels of the USA. But the point is that it exist & is a very real thing i'm not sure what the pushback is about :lol:

and also there's been countries at war our entire lives, there's poverty & murder all throughout the US. If people can joke through that they should be able to joke through this war as well.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the Ukranian military, but I'm guessing many of these weapons they are being given would require a certain level of expertise and training. Is it naive to think they would lack such training and in fact US/NATO troops are actually the ones operating them? Similar to how you wouldn't just give a race car to somebody who's never driven before and expect them to win.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the Ukranian military, but I'm guessing many of these weapons they are being given would require a certain level of expertise and training. Is it naive to think they would lack such training and in fact US/NATO troops are actually the ones operating them? Similar to how you wouldn't just give a race car to somebody who's never driven before and expect them to win.
These are of Soviet origin, so Ukrainian forces are probably trained already.

Crazy and somewhat NSFW

All the equipment is stuff Ukrain military is already trained on or use. Any US equipment like the javelins, they were trained on last year.

Back
Top Bottom