Smoking Section: Midterm Grades: 2010 XXL Freshmen Class

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

Fashawn spits better than everyone on that list except for J. Cole

this is kinda whats wrong with rap... who cares how good dude spits? if he makes boring/wack music it doesnt matter...
They are RAPPERS aren't they? Anyways you must have not heard his album it's pretty good actually

they are RAPPERS but at the end of the day its about MUSIC... a lot of people got bars but make crappy music... they dont matter...
i have never even heard fashawn or heard him mentioned outside of the internet... im not the type who just wants to hear new rap so i dont check for em... but yea man if u cant make songs that people wanna hear u will get nowhere... thats why fashawn, j cole, and all those other "lyrical" rappers are struggling to stay/become relevant while somebody like wiz who focuses on making good music is slowly but surely getting his due recognition... 
well I guess to each's own....
Yeah i think this is subjective (as is music i know)

But what has Wiz done?  Kush and OJ?  The Warm up is better then that.  And Who Dat actually gets rotation around here.

I think J. Cole and Wiz are about the same level.  I don't think Wiz is getting his "due recognition" any more then Cole is. I think Wiz's subject matter is boring and thats why i think Cole will have a longer more "popular" career.

But you are right Fashawn stays underground.  I think that's why he is my fav rapper on the list.  No foolish hype by people who don't listen to him.  Any one who has heard him likes him and will rep him.  But no one does the "Yo Wiz is that dude" and im like name a Wiz song "Um that one...like with that technoish beat...Say Yeah" that song sucks.

Fashawn spits better than everyone on that list except for J. Cole

this is kinda whats wrong with rap... who cares how good dude spits? if he makes boring/wack music it doesnt matter...
They are RAPPERS aren't they? Anyways you must have not heard his album it's pretty good actually

they are RAPPERS but at the end of the day its about MUSIC... a lot of people got bars but make crappy music... they dont matter...
i have never even heard fashawn or heard him mentioned outside of the internet... im not the type who just wants to hear new rap so i dont check for em... but yea man if u cant make songs that people wanna hear u will get nowhere... thats why fashawn, j cole, and all those other "lyrical" rappers are struggling to stay/become relevant while somebody like wiz who focuses on making good music is slowly but surely getting his due recognition... 
well I guess to each's own....
Yeah i think this is subjective (as is music i know)

But what has Wiz done?  Kush and OJ?  The Warm up is better then that.  And Who Dat actually gets rotation around here.

I think J. Cole and Wiz are about the same level.  I don't think Wiz is getting his "due recognition" any more then Cole is. I think Wiz's subject matter is boring and thats why i think Cole will have a longer more "popular" career.

But you are right Fashawn stays underground.  I think that's why he is my fav rapper on the list.  No foolish hype by people who don't listen to him.  Any one who has heard him likes him and will rep him.  But no one does the "Yo Wiz is that dude" and im like name a Wiz song "Um that one...like with that technoish beat...Say Yeah" that song sucks.

where are yall from where lyrcists are popular? the most popular artists are never real lyricists... i know yall like dude but be real...

wiz had ross wanting to sign him... people know who wiz is... only a small percentage of people are checkin for cole... where do u live where j cole gets radio play?

where are yall from where lyrcists are popular? the most popular artists are never real lyricists... i know yall like dude but be real...

wiz had ross wanting to sign him... people know who wiz is... only a small percentage of people are checkin for cole... where do u live where j cole gets radio play?

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

how much you gys wanna bet that fashawn and nipsey is gonna have the best albums ?

.wiz makes chill music but dude is horrendous live
Never heard this before. You trippin

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

how much you gys wanna bet that fashawn and nipsey is gonna have the best albums ?

.wiz makes chill music but dude is horrendous live
Never heard this before. You trippin

^ what? Jay-Z isn't a real lyricist? BIG, PAC some of the most popular ever...the most popular can do both

^ what? Jay-Z isn't a real lyricist? BIG, PAC some of the most popular ever...the most popular can do both

Yeah...you gotta be able to do more than "spit" these days.

If the overall music ain't matching up to your mic skills then I lose interest.

One of the reasons why I'm @*+@$%* w/ Kendrick Lamar right now. He's got the right formula.
And how is Cole gonna be more "popular" than Wiz when he's not even close now? 
laugh.gif

Yeah...you gotta be able to do more than "spit" these days.

If the overall music ain't matching up to your mic skills then I lose interest.

One of the reasons why I'm @*+@$%* w/ Kendrick Lamar right now. He's got the right formula.
And how is Cole gonna be more "popular" than Wiz when he's not even close now? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

this aint the 90s fam... 
and since when was pac a lyricist? he made music... his @*+! had a message but his lyrics were never anything special...

jay can switch commercial sellout to top lyricist in the blink of an eye... thats a gift that not most people get...

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

this aint the 90s fam... 
and since when was pac a lyricist? he made music... his @*+! had a message but his lyrics were never anything special...

jay can switch commercial sellout to top lyricist in the blink of an eye... thats a gift that not most people get...

Who Dat is played on Chicago's biggest station WGCI on the regular. & honestly outside of the internet & college students, NEITHER of which actually buy albums no one knows who Wiz is
grin.gif

Who Dat is played on Chicago's biggest station WGCI on the regular. & honestly outside of the internet & college students, NEITHER of which actually buy albums no one knows who Wiz is
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom