So does Malcom X having homosexual relations change your view on him?

Who cares about brother Malcolm's sexual orientation? If he was bisexual does that somehow take away from his accomplishments during the civil rights movement? Certainly not. So this is a non-issue imo.

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Who cares about brother Malcolm's sexual orientation? If he was bisexual does that somehow take away from his accomplishments during the civil rights movement? Certainly not. So this is a non-issue imo.

Some folk making it bigger than it really is cus he's black. If he wasn't ya'll would of been all like "oh yea, he was great dude blah blah" and prolly throw some slick jokes just cause, but since homosexual and bisexual orientations are looked down upon in the black community, ya'll wanna turn your head sideways at some allegations. 

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Some folk making it bigger than it really is cus he's black. If he wasn't ya'll would of been all like "oh yea, he was great dude blah blah" and prolly throw some slick jokes just cause, but since homosexual and bisexual orientations are looked down upon in the black community, ya'll wanna turn your head sideways at some allegations. 

"Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything." A random white guy says something and some of you black dudes just eat it up as truth, but let a brotha try to educate you on something and you dudes will just write it off.

If Malcolm were gay given that both the NOI and the FBI wanted to bring him down towards the end don't you think news of him being gay would have surfaced years ago. That type of information would have been on the news and on the front paper during the height of his movement. It's time for alot of you dudes to wake and stop feeding into allegations by somebody so random.

"Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything." A random white guy says something and some of you black dudes just eat it up as truth, but let a brotha try to educate you on something and you dudes will just write it off.

If Malcolm were gay given that both the NOI and the FBI wanted to bring him down towards the end don't you think news of him being gay would have surfaced years ago. That type of information would have been on the news and on the front paper during the height of his movement. It's time for alot of you dudes to wake and stop feeding into allegations by somebody so random.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I bet you if a story came out now, written by a white guy that said malcom X fathered a family of children with a woman in Zimbabwe you would be like....oh what a pleasant development. He kept it a secret all these years but there seems to be a lot of new evidence coming out.

$%$# outta here with all that.

Acting like Riley when he found out ganstalicious was gay. If this is true a lot of people are gonna pull down their posters and throw their kufis away.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I bet you if a story came out now, written by a white guy that said malcom X fathered a family of children with a woman in Zimbabwe you would be like....oh what a pleasant development. He kept it a secret all these years but there seems to be a lot of new evidence coming out.

$%$# outta here with all that.

Acting like Riley when he found out ganstalicious was gay. If this is true a lot of people are gonna pull down their posters and throw their kufis away.

How was this someone who was random? And why is it so easy to obtain information, this "historian," who you have no clue about, spent 20+ years working on this book. He went to lengths no one else had to find about the man's history. Pointing to the CIA not having info is not an real argument. If this was a court of law and you were trying to disprove something you would look foolish. Your holding onto blind disagreement without even reading the book.

Let me ask you DeuceKing, if Malcolm had sex with men in his earlier life, don't you think we can assume he would go to great lengths to preserve that secret? IT certainly is something he wouldn't be vocal about given his position and views.

And y'all can quit it with the white men don't get proven gay, cause there has been a mutlitdue of white, conservative leaders who railed against homosexuality who have beeen outed within the past couple of years. Plus the revelations about Lincoln, Gandhi etc. Thing is white people could give a $$+* if Malcolm was gay, the dude is dead, which I'm sure they actually did have a hand in. But Malcolm ain't out there anymore on 125 plotting against the State. If this allegation came about in 1960, sure I would see you guys having a point...Today? Na, cause this book isn't a huge topic of discussion except in educational communtities which excludes the majority of y'all illiterate @*# dudes.

If it had come out that Malcolm was at one time the biggest herione dealer in Harlem who was a vicious murderer you would see nothing but "
pimp.gif
" and "Malcolm was bout that life comments in here...Have him be gay, that is the worst thing in the world, an assination of character. Black people have been served the rawest deal out of anyone, you have every reason to distrust/hate white people all that I understand. But the homohpobia thing I don't get, it doesn't help y'all to persecute another group. It seems ya'll are perfectly willing to glorify the worst kind of people, "I think I'm Big Meech" but have someone be gay and that is just simply intolerable.

How was this someone who was random? And why is it so easy to obtain information, this "historian," who you have no clue about, spent 20+ years working on this book. He went to lengths no one else had to find about the man's history. Pointing to the CIA not having info is not an real argument. If this was a court of law and you were trying to disprove something you would look foolish. Your holding onto blind disagreement without even reading the book.

Let me ask you DeuceKing, if Malcolm had sex with men in his earlier life, don't you think we can assume he would go to great lengths to preserve that secret? IT certainly is something he wouldn't be vocal about given his position and views.

And y'all can quit it with the white men don't get proven gay, cause there has been a mutlitdue of white, conservative leaders who railed against homosexuality who have beeen outed within the past couple of years. Plus the revelations about Lincoln, Gandhi etc. Thing is white people could give a $$+* if Malcolm was gay, the dude is dead, which I'm sure they actually did have a hand in. But Malcolm ain't out there anymore on 125 plotting against the State. If this allegation came about in 1960, sure I would see you guys having a point...Today? Na, cause this book isn't a huge topic of discussion except in educational communtities which excludes the majority of y'all illiterate @*# dudes.

If it had come out that Malcolm was at one time the biggest herione dealer in Harlem who was a vicious murderer you would see nothing but "
pimp.gif
" and "Malcolm was bout that life comments in here...Have him be gay, that is the worst thing in the world, an assination of character. Black people have been served the rawest deal out of anyone, you have every reason to distrust/hate white people all that I understand. But the homohpobia thing I don't get, it doesn't help y'all to persecute another group. It seems ya'll are perfectly willing to glorify the worst kind of people, "I think I'm Big Meech" but have someone be gay and that is just simply intolerable.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
A new book published by a Columbia University historian has suggested that Malcolm X had gay relationships with white men.

I Stopped Reading There... And Regardless Malcom X's Purpose And Messeges Will Always Be Golden To Me...

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
A new book published by a Columbia University historian has suggested that Malcolm X had gay relationships with white men.

I Stopped Reading There... And Regardless Malcom X's Purpose And Messeges Will Always Be Golden To Me...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

pimp.gif
" and "Malcolm was bout that life comments in here...
Have him be gay, that is the worst thing in the world, an assination of character. Black people have been served the rawest deal out of anyone, you have every reason to distrust/hate white people all that I understand. But the homohpobia thing I don't get, it doesn't help y'all to persecute another group. It seems ya'll are perfectly willing to glorify the worst kind of people, "I think I'm Big Meech" but have someone be gay and that is just simply intolerable.

yea i think you touched on all the important points.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

pimp.gif
" and "Malcolm was bout that life comments in here...
Have him be gay, that is the worst thing in the world, an assination of character. Black people have been served the rawest deal out of anyone, you have every reason to distrust/hate white people all that I understand. But the homohpobia thing I don't get, it doesn't help y'all to persecute another group. It seems ya'll are perfectly willing to glorify the worst kind of people, "I think I'm Big Meech" but have someone be gay and that is just simply intolerable.

yea i think you touched on all the important points.
ohwell.gif

If a well-respected and renowned historian and author is somebody so "random", then what does that make you Deuce King?

You must have been one of those kids who made fun of your classmates who read books in their spare time.

AMP's got it right, it makes no sense for the rampant homophobia within the black community. And it's got nothing to do with comparing the civil rights movement to the gay rights movement (which some always seem to dwell on as a response). It's about those who have been and still are historically and institutionally mistreated for centuries within this country using similar logic and ignorant thinking to put down and marginalize another group of people.

If a well-respected and renowned historian and author is somebody so "random", then what does that make you Deuce King?

You must have been one of those kids who made fun of your classmates who read books in their spare time.

AMP's got it right, it makes no sense for the rampant homophobia within the black community. And it's got nothing to do with comparing the civil rights movement to the gay rights movement (which some always seem to dwell on as a response). It's about those who have been and still are historically and institutionally mistreated for centuries within this country using similar logic and ignorant thinking to put down and marginalize another group of people.

homophobia remains one of society's last acceptable outposts for those who find the need to judge others based on things beyond anyone's control.

i don't know why i'm attracted to men, but i am. i'd like to think that when i'm long gone, my life's work will stand on its own merit. there will be failures and mistakes, sure... but none caused directly by the fact that i am gay.

the good news is that there is a day approaching in which people are no longer shoved to the margins of society because their life doesn't precisely line up with the majority. i just wish it would get here quicker so i can live my life.

homophobia remains one of society's last acceptable outposts for those who find the need to judge others based on things beyond anyone's control.

i don't know why i'm attracted to men, but i am. i'd like to think that when i'm long gone, my life's work will stand on its own merit. there will be failures and mistakes, sure... but none caused directly by the fact that i am gay.

the good news is that there is a day approaching in which people are no longer shoved to the margins of society because their life doesn't precisely line up with the majority. i just wish it would get here quicker so i can live my life.

first they say gandhi is gay, now it's malcolm x. I bet JFK is next

first they say gandhi is gay, now it's malcolm x. I bet JFK is next

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I don't think that s_ is cool at all.

The Gay rights struggle has no more correlation to the black struggle than any other oppressed group in American or global history.

Its always cool to make black people the poster child for struggle and despair...except when we make light of it. Then we are whining, being counterproductive, living in the past and being devise.

This campaign is total BS. Especially when a gay man like J. Edgar Hoover was responsible for killing dozens of our black leaders and causing many of theproblems that plague our community today.

Gay is the new Gay.

There is no correlation that justifies a grouping with the black struggle and experience over any other people struggle and history. Name one thing that gayshave to struggle against that is exclusive or equal to the black struggle....THERE IS NOT ONE.

You got gay cops sodomizing young brothers in my city....but gay is the new black FOH.

Stand on y'all own two and gain your own respect....unless you are being inclusive in your battle for equality and progression, helping to improve oursituation in the process. This is a selfish and underhanded exploitation of our history and current circumstance.

Are gays helping us better our community and situations while riding under our banner? Or are they simply using the horrific parts of racial history and ourpersistent fight for justice and equality to better their lot in life?

There are upper level establishment owned by gays in every part of America that will bar my blackass entry....still to this day .

Now we have the shoulder the brunt of their struggle too...how the hell we ever gonna rise if everyone is piling on our shoulders and when we raise a voice tospeak about it we are told to shut up.

Y'all gotta have more respect for your history and identity than to let this type of subversion go unchallenged.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I don't think that s_ is cool at all.

The Gay rights struggle has no more correlation to the black struggle than any other oppressed group in American or global history.

Its always cool to make black people the poster child for struggle and despair...except when we make light of it. Then we are whining, being counterproductive, living in the past and being devise.

This campaign is total BS. Especially when a gay man like J. Edgar Hoover was responsible for killing dozens of our black leaders and causing many of theproblems that plague our community today.

Gay is the new Gay.

There is no correlation that justifies a grouping with the black struggle and experience over any other people struggle and history. Name one thing that gayshave to struggle against that is exclusive or equal to the black struggle....THERE IS NOT ONE.

You got gay cops sodomizing young brothers in my city....but gay is the new black FOH.

Stand on y'all own two and gain your own respect....unless you are being inclusive in your battle for equality and progression, helping to improve oursituation in the process. This is a selfish and underhanded exploitation of our history and current circumstance.

Are gays helping us better our community and situations while riding under our banner? Or are they simply using the horrific parts of racial history and ourpersistent fight for justice and equality to better their lot in life?

There are upper level establishment owned by gays in every part of America that will bar my blackass entry....still to this day .

Now we have the shoulder the brunt of their struggle too...how the hell we ever gonna rise if everyone is piling on our shoulders and when we raise a voice tospeak about it we are told to shut up.

Y'all gotta have more respect for your history and identity than to let this type of subversion go unchallenged.

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom