So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

I just want to make sure I clarify that I never said that I want releases to be limited, more than Id like to limit the amount of releases. From what I have read no one wants to struggle and pay super high resell to get the pair they want. If/when the Cord drops they can make 2 million for all I care. Just don't make 2 releases of XI mids that are subpar colorways. As far as team Js and fusion type shoes go, don't stop making them but just reduce the amount of different styles. It can get hard to keep up with. Not everyone needs the sig Js but some just want the Jordan flavor that wont burn your wallet. I think everyone gets that.
When you go into Finish Line there is a wall just for Jordan Brand. Which yes, gives us more options. But the side effect is more may mean less. Personally I'm looking at good original designs or an original color retro. That's it. If there is a nice team type shoe in front of me and I like it, its coming home. But nowadays they all have to be inspired by a sig in some way. Those need reduced. Only because they aren't moving.
I believe the buyer/consumer needs to be satisfied first before anyone else. Without US, there is no Jordan Brand. We keep it going with what we buy. I truly believe there is someone from Nike that reads in these forums because NikeTalk is so reputable with people that genuinely love shoes. The more we have these discussions, not arguments, the higher the possibility they may truly listen. Just a hope anyway. They have to have focus groups that let them know what is sought after the most. Make THOSE PAIRS with great numbers to satisfy the buyers. Then everything else for Nike falls in place.
The last good team shoe was
e58fa5d12571a3c1e82f08334b905310--best-shoes-jordans.jpg

It's been a while

Who in the hell is the business wizard at Jordan brand making these asinine decisions?

News Flash: the reason things didn't go well this year is because you have clowns coming up with the worst colorways possible and you refuse to acknowledge that Nike air belongs on the shoes it was on in the first place. Motorsport 4s didn't sell out because of the Jumpman on the back, not because of market saturation. Surprise, we don't like wack ****. Keep putting Jumpman air on the back of 6s and continue to be disappointed. Better make them limited I guess.

Here's a better plan, take cues from the anniversary air Max 1 campaign and show us that you care about getting the Jordan 3 right. Then do it again for the black infra 6. I guess it's too late for the 5s with the milky wings and puffy tongue already ruining the best colorway. That glossy bs 3M. What was that? Come on bruh.

The oversaturation is a small part of the equation but it's getting all the attention . There are other decisions being made that are way more destructive to the bottom line. Get rid of the clowns to start, and get someone in there with some actual taste and genuine creativity. I saw the clip of Mark Wahlberg at the offices. They gotta go.
I don't know who's boys they are but they have no business making any kind of creative decisions on colorways and style. Goofy looking bastards.

TLDR; Scarcity doesn't equal desirebility. You're doing it wrong. Make more classics and less garbage. Problem solved. The obnoxious colorways tarnish the desirebility of the classic sillouettes in the long run. Once a hot girl gets fat no amount of Jenny Craig is going to bring her back to form. Excess skin and stretch marks don't go away. We might see concords but we'll never forget the 72_10s or the gammas that came before. Suddenly walking around the block with that hot chick whos back in town isn't as special and you don't feel the passion you once had because you remember what kind of mess she was 2 years ago.

Well said.

I don't think you want the "old heads" camping out with yall again, cause they're not putting up with shenanigans. ***** would get violent quick
Ive camped before and violence was not the problem. It was the kids in front of us that freely admitted they were buying just to sell for 400 dollars. They gave 2 sh--- about the shoe at all. They solely just wanted to make money. That's what dilutes the shoe buying process, people like them. They buy hype, we buy the product because we want it.

Ive camped before and violence was not the problem. It was the kids in front of us that freely admitted they were buying just to sell for 400 dollars. They gave 2 sh--- about the shoe at all. They solely just wanted to make money. That's what dilutes the shoe buying process, people like them. They buy hype, we buy the product because we want it.

That must of been nice, because over 70% percent of the times I had to line up ( I say that because I'm not down with waiting over night to get pair of kicks, longest I did was about 4 hours hence why I didn't use that phrase) their was always some sort of altercation. Sadly 50% of those instances it was some young dude who got stomped out because he was getting a size that he couldn't fit but the person behind him could, they would come late and casually hang out at the front of the line and act like they were there the whole time when the stores finally open, or they would try and buy multiple pairs even though it was stated beforehand it was one per person (employee's dont care either way, they just want to go home). Most of the time it was the older cats bringing the aggression as well, that's why I said its probably a good thing the "old heads" aren't camping like dude said earlier.

Only campouts I remember having any chaos was the CG/Concord 11 releases. Every other one was fairly calm.

Last edited:
Only campouts I remember having any chaos was the CG/Concord 11 releases. Everyone other one was fairly calm.

A dude tried to get at me in line for the Cement 4 release (Jumpman not Nike Air) a few years back, saw a kid get slapped during Fire Red 5 release, I was at a mall and they're was almost a riot for the Gamma 11 KID sizes (ridiculous). Police had to be called for the Space Jam release of 2009 at my local mall as well (may have been 2008 ) . I have stories man lol

Who in the hell is the business wizard at Jordan brand making these asinine decisions?

News Flash: the reason things didn't go well this year is because you have clowns coming up with the worst colorways possible and you refuse to acknowledge that Nike air belongs on the shoes it was on in the first place. Motorsport 4s didn't sell out because of the Jumpman on the back, not because of market saturation. Surprise, we don't like wack ****. Keep putting Jumpman air on the back of 6s and continue to be disappointed. Better make them limited I guess.

Here's a better plan, take cues from the anniversary air Max 1 campaign and show us that you care about getting the Jordan 3 right. Then do it again for the black infra 6. I guess it's too late for the 5s with the milky wings and puffy tongue already ruining the best colorway. That glossy bs 3M. What was that? Come on bruh.

The oversaturation is a small part of the equation but it's getting all the attention . There are other decisions being made that are way more destructive to the bottom line. Get rid of the clowns to start, and get someone in there with some actual taste and genuine creativity. I saw the clip of Mark Wahlberg at the offices. They gotta go.
I don't know who's boys they are but they have no business making any kind of creative decisions on colorways and style. Goofy looking bastards.

TLDR; Scarcity doesn't equal desirebility. You're doing it wrong. Make more classics and less garbage. Problem solved. The obnoxious colorways tarnish the desirebility of the classic sillouettes in the long run. Once a hot girl gets fat no amount of Jenny Craig is going to bring her back to form. Excess skin and stretch marks don't go away. We might see concords but we'll never forget the 72_10s or the gammas that came before. Suddenly walking around the block with that hot chick whos back in town isn't as special and you don't feel the passion you once had because you remember what kind of mess she was 2 years ago.

This so wrong

so what colorways have been so bad? The majority of the colorways have been monochrome or based around OG colorways.

and how did nike air help true blues or nike metallics? Non OG colorways that never had Nike Air shouldn't have Nike Air in the first place.

Did the jumpman stop sneakers from selling out three and four years ago? So now suddenly it is?

What was wrong with the 72 10's? Some of you complain about JB doing the same thing over and over, but then you don't want them to be creative.

I honestly think JB fans just want and need something to complain about and some of you will never be happy.

tonytabacco said in another thread, go to an email address, preorder and be done. Why can it not be that way?

tonytabacco said in another thread, go to an email address, preorder and be done. Why can it not be that way?

because kicks are made five and six months in advance and it doesn't make business sense.

There's plenty of kicks you can ID

because kicks are made five and six months in advance and it doesn't make business sense.

There's plenty of kicks you can ID
So it don't make sense to preorder because they are made 6 months in advance. I'm confused, the reason that was said is to prevent lines and camping. Nike has always had the ability to do this. ALWAYS. But they don't, Why? If in May they decide to produce so they can drop in December, why not have a preorder situation. Makes perfect sense to me. If its done through Nike.com or anyone directly affiliated it can prevent a lot of potential problems.

More like I'm wondering if dudes are speaking for a company making billions in revenue or themselves.

None of you are saying anything that would increase revenue for Jordan Brand. You're only worried about yourself and what you want.

All the talk of only release a couple of releases, stop doing this, and stop doing that. Is silly.

What business are you in where you try not to make money and maximize profits?

I suppose McDonald's should just sell Big Mac's.

More like I'm wondering if dudes are speaking for a company making billions in revenue or themselves.

None of you are saying anything that would increase revenue for Jordan Brand. You're only worried about yourself and what you want.

All the talk of only release a couple of releases, stop doing this, and stop doing that. Is silly.

Wow man, I'm just speaking as a consumer that actually values the Brand Jordan. At some point in time big business has to listen to the people that got them there, like you and I. Once the Big Nike Inc stops listening, they start to be 2nd place to brands like Adidas. Its not about personal gains here, its about wanting the Brand to thrive as long as possible. These are ideas that come from us the buyers. If you have great ideas to help them why don't you start putting them out there for Nike maybe to start taking note.

Wow man, I'm just speaking as a consumer that actually values the Brand Jordan. At some point in time big business has to listen to the people that got them there, like you and I. Once the Big Nike Inc stops listening, they start to be 2nd place to brands like Adidas. Its not about personal gains here, its about wanting the Brand to thrive as long as possible. These are ideas that come from us the buyers. If you have great ideas to help them why don't you start putting them out there for Nike maybe to start taking note.

How about it's just a current fad. Nike has running, lifestyle, basketball, tennis... They can compete, because they have more resources to pull from. If basketball isn't selling they can pull out a number of air max.

JB is essentially a basketball brand, and you can say retros are lifestyle

JB has to sure up some things, but the current time is just a product of today. Because they're in to Adidas today, doesn't mean they will be in two years. Look how popular Under Armour was three years ago. They need to find themselves and maintain their identity.

I just think JB has to go back to marketing it's product and make it mean something. Instead they just do a story for the SNKRS app or a blog. Same with Lebron, Kyrie, KD and Paul George. They're just colorways and nicknames. Who remembers all these nicknames?

I just think JB has to go back to marketing it's product and make it mean something.

Except WE as consumers give the products meaning. MJ hasn't played in a long, long time so, aside from collabs with people/companies that are already adding meaning to their products, JB is primarily recycling old ideas with retros. This is both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it but, either way, it's hard for JB to pitch new cws of old models without having any kind of significance towards the new cws. I think for this reason for every SBB you have 5-10 retro+ cws that are completely forgettable-it's really hard to give significance to new cws and even harder with new models (hence why the design of the XXX1 onwards have been largely retro-inspired).

How about it's just a current fad. Nike has running, lifestyle, basketball, tennis... They can compete, because they have more resources to pull from. If basketball isn't selling they can pull out a number of air max.

JB is essentially a basketball brand, and you can say retros are lifestyle

JB has to sure up some things, but the current time is just a product of today. Because they're in to Adidas today, doesn't mean they will be in two years. Look how popular Under Armour was three years ago. They need to find themselves and maintain their identity.

I just think JB has to go back to marketing it's product and make it mean something. Instead they just do a story for the SNKRS app or a blog. Same with Lebron, Kyrie, KD and Paul George. They're just colorways and nicknames. Who remembers all these nicknames?

Great posts throughout the thread man....

I couldn't agree with this more.

Except WE as consumers give the products meaning. MJ hasn't played in a long, long time so, aside from collabs with people/companies that are already adding meaning to their products, JB is primarily recycling old ideas with retros. This is both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it but, either way, it's hard for JB to pitch new cws of old models without having any kind of significance towards the new cws. I think for this reason for every SBB you have 5-10 retro+ cws that are completely forgettable-it's really hard to give significance to new cws and even harder with new models (hence why the design of the XXX1 onwards have been largely retro-inspired).

but Lebron is playing

KD is playing

Nike couldn't even do anything properly for Kobe's last year besides ID's and fade to blacks.

It's not just JB, it's what's going on at Nike overall.

Marketing a product at Nike/JB has become making a gimmick/nickname.

Simplest fix Is just put everything on nikeID then everyone gets what they want and supply meets demand and the hypebeasts/resellers will thin out. Just limit OG/NA colorways to maybe a few limited NikeID releases per year. Leave the sub part JB stuff for FNL, FLT, ETC.

That must of been nice, because over 70% percent of the times I had to line up ( I say that because I'm not down with waiting over night to get pair of kicks, longest I did was about 4 hours hence why I didn't use that phrase) their was always some sort of altercation. Sadly 50% of those instances it was some young dude who got stomped out because he was getting a size that he couldn't fit but the person behind him could, they would come late and casually hang out at the front of the line and act like they were there the whole time when the stores finally open, or they would try and buy multiple pairs even though it was stated beforehand it was one per person (employee's dont care either way, they just want to go home). Most of the time it was the older cats bringing the aggression as well, that's why I said its probably a good thing the "old heads" aren't camping like dude said earlier.

Or employees buy all the stock so you're left standing first in line all night, only to walk in to purchase, and hardly any sizes are left. Employees are notorious resellers, I know of at least 10 off the top of my head, that buy almost all the stock at their discount and resell. One of my plugs is a FTA manager I've known since I was a teen and he even taxes me... sometimes.

It's all marketing at the end of the day. There's a lot of great CWs that have gone under the radar because of it.

but Lebron is playing

KD is playing

Nike couldn't even do anything properly for Kobe's last year besides ID's and fade to blacks.

It's not just JB, it's what's going on at Nike overall.

Marketing a product at Nike/JB has become making a gimmick/nickname.

I was strictly speaking to JB's strategy, which was my issue-HOW do they market retros when the entire reason retros exist is because of people's attachment to the original models and cws? Retros seem to be their bread and butter so much so that their influence has even taken over their flagship performance line, starting with the XXX1.

Honestly, JB is even in an awkward position where even someone like RW who might be the "face" of the brand is pretty much irrelevant because people will always attribute the Jumpman logo to MJ.

That said, to be honest, I think Jordan retros will eventually end up like products such as Chuck Taylors or Les Pauls where the initial, signature person (whos name is on the respective product) might be long gone but the products themselves stand on their own for decades. I don't think this will necessarily happen with EVERY retro model but I think a few models will have VERY long lives over the next few decades.

I think Nike needs to take a look at the Price Point and numbers of Retro's released each month . The Bred 13's which is a great OG colorway is sitting at Ruvilla and other places at 20% off . Oversaturation, high prices and 80's / 90's technology have killed JB . I am not sure making a retro limited unless it is a 1, 11 or collab is going to make any difference in interest . Seems like Adidas has taken advantage with a good trendy product which are comfortable to wear and driven people away from wearing basketball shoes for everyday wear . Limit the amount of retro colorway's released per year decrease the price point and pray it is not too late .

Back
Top Bottom