So lets just do the age old Debate about Pyramids...

Originally Posted by whiterails

Dude... You posted that no modern crane can lift the blocks that make up the pyramids.    
Think about how ******ed that statement is.

Ppl ignoring common sense for the sake of BS youtube videos FTL.

Theheaviest blocks in the Great Pyramid are the granite blocks used to roof the kings chambers. These are estimated toweigh from 50 to 80 tons each!!

The maximum load most modern day tower cranes lift is about 18 metric tons. And let me add that hydraulic cranes can actually lift about 40 tons.You do the math....

Dude... You posted that no modern crane can lift the blocks that make up the pyramids.    

Theheaviest blocks in the Great Pyramid are the granite blocks used to roof the kings chambers. These are estimated toweigh from 50 to 80 tons each!!

The maximum load most modern day tower cranes lift is about 18 metric tons. And let me add that hydraulic cranes can actually lift about 40 tons.You do the math....

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

I think this video kind of explains what you're talking about in a sense. As far as your beliefs go, I'm 100% there bruh.

In due time, hopefully. In due time.

pimp.gif

That's one heck of a video bro.
pimp.gif

I'm really glad you posted that. It was personal thought I kept for a while but I always felt like the point we study in geometry was like a misnomer the way it was taught to us. That the point itself was actually a sphere in my opinion but i felt like if they taught us that, math as we know it would explode lol( Really to much possibility to even teach). Like were they say a point on paper in geometry is the smallest unit like the atom is in chemistry that is indivisible, but what about going further into a sphere/point finding out it was comprised of of more spheres and on down. At what point does one reach the sub atomic or sub spheric material particle.

I guess to be more clear, a point in geometry is a 2 dimensional representation of a sphere. Our reference in mathematics from this point either adds or subtracts dimensions depending on how we see the first dot as being a circle filled in, or a 3 dimensional sphere.

This makes me think of the discussion I had with someone in another thread about the RA symbol which was a circle with a dot in the middle....
The eye of Ra? Or are you thinking of Aten? (which was, for all extensive purposes, the Egyptian symbol for the source of life.)

aten-akhenaten.jpg

I think this video kind of explains what you're talking about in a sense. As far as your beliefs go, I'm 100% there bruh.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I'm really glad you posted that. It was personal thought I kept for a while but I always felt like the point we study in geometry was like a misnomer the way it was taught to us. That the point itself was actually a sphere in my opinion but i felt like if they taught us that, math as we know it would explode lol( Really to much possibility to even teach). Like were they say a point on paper in geometry is the smallest unit like the atom is in chemistry that is indivisible, but what about going further into a sphere/point finding out it was comprised of of more spheres and on down. At what point does one reach the sub atomic or sub spheric material particle.

I guess to be more clear, a point in geometry is a 2 dimensional representation of a sphere. Our reference in mathematics from this point either adds or subtracts dimensions depending on how we see the first dot as being a circle filled in, or a 3 dimensional sphere.

This makes me think of the discussion I had with someone in another thread about the RA symbol which was a circle with a dot in the middle....
The eye of Ra? Or are you thinking of Aten? (which was, for all extensive purposes, the Egyptian symbol for the source of life.)

aten-akhenaten.jpg

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

The the maximum load most modern day tower cranes lift is about 18 metric tons. And let me add that hydraulic cranes can actually life about 40 tons.You do the math....
It took 5 seconds of wikipedia research to find out that the world record for modern day cranes is 20,000 metric tons.

The the maximum load most modern day tower cranes lift is about 18 metric tons. And let me add that hydraulic cranes can actually life about 40 tons.You do the math....
It took 5 seconds of wikipedia research to find out that the world record for modern day cranes is 20,000 metric tons.

seriously.. why doesnt these people have records on who built the pyramids.. then those records can be passed down to generations then eventually to us.

like how today is, if someone builds a jet powered bicycle, best believe future generation would know who built it.

seriously.. why doesnt these people have records on who built the pyramids.. then those records can be passed down to generations then eventually to us.

like how today is, if someone builds a jet powered bicycle, best believe future generation would know who built it.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

torgriffith, on the real... what do YOU believe about everything homie? I see you post a lot and its very interesting but I'm pretty much a skeptic... I want to take what you say seriously, but can you honestly for once go into what you think?

Do you believe in a god? Is there something that you think is truth to this? I know you post a lot of mythology, which is good for the academic sense and my yearning to empthatize with other cultures and beliefs but I still can't find any root to accepting much of it as true. Can you offer any significant insight? I'm asking you in particular because I often see you have the tendency to drop a little here and there and not really go into it. I'm just open to seeing what you really have to present... And no more of that "well its up to you to decide" well yes, ultimately it is, but I feel like you're almost baiting me then dropping me halfway... like straight up, where does all of this lead you? DO you believe in panspermia? Do you think we are the result of that? Evolution? All of it... whats your detailed and complete understanding of the world?

I really just post around what people talk about to stay close to the subject, and I make sure that I don't discuss anything that I haven't at least seen on tv to know that the information is out there in the mass media so I don't come off as someone just talking off the head.

To be truthfully honest, what I really think about can't really be described in English. I do understand that things like panspermia and evolution are just other ways of explaining cycles and growth of life on different scales of reference other than our own.Like for instance, if your were the size of a microbe and you witnessed the human sexual reproduction process on that level, it would be equitable to modern day scientific theory explanations of panspermia to us in a sense. To put it simply, i think that what happens out in the cosmos is an external representation and guide/ (not God) of what's happening internally to us. I honestly think that human life is not the same always and that we as a species are programmable by our culture programs and spheres of existence and the interactions they cause in the mutation and molding of dna architecture. I think that we as humans are flesh that is animated with the energy and life force of our true essence and thought. I think the theories(not the broken practice of those theories) of most religions are true and are fractions of a whole complete form of thought. I think the universe is cyclical and not linear meaning something like the universe city is pre planned and we are just travelling through it witnessing and interacting. The prefix uni would suggest unison, united, one and verse means line or section. So a united line or a section is a circle and a cycle. I think the cycle can be twisted into all kinds of elastic geometry and that may be the reason we don't experience the polarities of existence in a black and white either or type of paradigm. like the infinity loop versus a smooth circle orbit.

I think from the perspective of us as people here on earth we witness springs and falls in seasons of the human experience.
I was with you up until here...

I mean why is it so hard to suggest that we are just random assortment of particles working together in their lowest energetic stability and it just happened to occur? Why the need for the superflous attachment of metaphysical thought? Plus why humans? Is it that we're special or that we think we're special? Its almost as if accepting that we're the extent of evolution and it stops with us when it really doesn't. We can't predict the future.

What you're saying sounds nice, but it lacks real meaning at times. I mean i'm sure its nice to think of yourself as one, but at the same time... are you really? What makes us think those ancient cultures knew that much more than we did? How are we certain they knew more than we did? Is it a fascination for the past?

Neil deGrasse Tyson has this short except from a lecture where he talks about how we're just made up of elements found everywhere else in the universe. If thats the connection you imply, well sure, I just don't think that outside of our understanding of additional dimensions (which may very well be true) and our understanding of electromagnetic spectrums and our ability to witness them, that there may not be that much more out there... I'm not refuting your points but more so asking for a more clear understanding of them. I can't refute what I can't understand to be your position.

There is enough evidence to prove that life as we know it is to naturally self organizing itself to even be a random happenstance of particles coming together and setting us up the way we live now.

I'm not saying that evolution stops with us. If anything this state is like a transition between other levels of life.

That Neil deGrasse Tyson clip was an excellent discourse on how basically everything is comprised of star material. The truth to me is that scientist could explain it as science. A poet could explain it as poetry. A culture could explain it as mythology. Regardless of the format told, it's about the true nature of the process of things which we can't see and why we are even having this discussion. Because we are talking about something that can't readily be seen but has a bearing on our lives even if we are atheist to it( meaning it stiil plays a roll in your interactions with people evn though one does not put any stock into it.

In Kemet, the symbol for a diety (Netcher/nature) was a flag on a pole. What is the nature of this symbol and why was it conveyed as a symbol and logos for divinity. When you go to a flag, you look up to it because it is held up high in the air. It is also being moved by a force that one can't see; the wind.
White-chapel-detail-ntr-Egypt.jpg

I'm not trying to convince anybody if anything of thats how i come off and if I do I apologize. I just like to talk about symbolism. symbolism happens to be the language program that's always existed.

Modern science tells us we are the same stuff stars are made of. Then our ancestors explain to us how they became stars themselves. People are gonna put these two items of info together sooner or later. If that's not evolution, than I don't know what to tell you.

torgriffith, on the real... what do YOU believe about everything homie? I see you post a lot and its very interesting but I'm pretty much a skeptic... I want to take what you say seriously, but can you honestly for once go into what you think?

Do you believe in a god? Is there something that you think is truth to this? I know you post a lot of mythology, which is good for the academic sense and my yearning to empthatize with other cultures and beliefs but I still can't find any root to accepting much of it as true. Can you offer any significant insight? I'm asking you in particular because I often see you have the tendency to drop a little here and there and not really go into it. I'm just open to seeing what you really have to present... And no more of that "well its up to you to decide" well yes, ultimately it is, but I feel like you're almost baiting me then dropping me halfway... like straight up, where does all of this lead you? DO you believe in panspermia? Do you think we are the result of that? Evolution? All of it... whats your detailed and complete understanding of the world?

I really just post around what people talk about to stay close to the subject, and I make sure that I don't discuss anything that I haven't at least seen on tv to know that the information is out there in the mass media so I don't come off as someone just talking off the head.

To be truthfully honest, what I really think about can't really be described in English. I do understand that things like panspermia and evolution are just other ways of explaining cycles and growth of life on different scales of reference other than our own.Like for instance, if your were the size of a microbe and you witnessed the human sexual reproduction process on that level, it would be equitable to modern day scientific theory explanations of panspermia to us in a sense. To put it simply, i think that what happens out in the cosmos is an external representation and guide/ (not God) of what's happening internally to us. I honestly think that human life is not the same always and that we as a species are programmable by our culture programs and spheres of existence and the interactions they cause in the mutation and molding of dna architecture. I think that we as humans are flesh that is animated with the energy and life force of our true essence and thought. I think the theories(not the broken practice of those theories) of most religions are true and are fractions of a whole complete form of thought. I think the universe is cyclical and not linear meaning something like the universe city is pre planned and we are just travelling through it witnessing and interacting. The prefix uni would suggest unison, united, one and verse means line or section. So a united line or a section is a circle and a cycle. I think the cycle can be twisted into all kinds of elastic geometry and that may be the reason we don't experience the polarities of existence in a black and white either or type of paradigm. like the infinity loop versus a smooth circle orbit.

I think from the perspective of us as people here on earth we witness springs and falls in seasons of the human experience.
I was with you up until here...

I mean why is it so hard to suggest that we are just random assortment of particles working together in their lowest energetic stability and it just happened to occur? Why the need for the superflous attachment of metaphysical thought? Plus why humans? Is it that we're special or that we think we're special? Its almost as if accepting that we're the extent of evolution and it stops with us when it really doesn't. We can't predict the future.

What you're saying sounds nice, but it lacks real meaning at times. I mean i'm sure its nice to think of yourself as one, but at the same time... are you really? What makes us think those ancient cultures knew that much more than we did? How are we certain they knew more than we did? Is it a fascination for the past?

Neil deGrasse Tyson has this short except from a lecture where he talks about how we're just made up of elements found everywhere else in the universe. If thats the connection you imply, well sure, I just don't think that outside of our understanding of additional dimensions (which may very well be true) and our understanding of electromagnetic spectrums and our ability to witness them, that there may not be that much more out there... I'm not refuting your points but more so asking for a more clear understanding of them. I can't refute what I can't understand to be your position.

There is enough evidence to prove that life as we know it is to naturally self organizing itself to even be a random happenstance of particles coming together and setting us up the way we live now.

I'm not saying that evolution stops with us. If anything this state is like a transition between other levels of life.

That Neil deGrasse Tyson clip was an excellent discourse on how basically everything is comprised of star material. The truth to me is that scientist could explain it as science. A poet could explain it as poetry. A culture could explain it as mythology. Regardless of the format told, it's about the true nature of the process of things which we can't see and why we are even having this discussion. Because we are talking about something that can't readily be seen but has a bearing on our lives even if we are atheist to it( meaning it stiil plays a roll in your interactions with people evn though one does not put any stock into it.

In Kemet, the symbol for a diety (Netcher/nature) was a flag on a pole. What is the nature of this symbol and why was it conveyed as a symbol and logos for divinity. When you go to a flag, you look up to it because it is held up high in the air. It is also being moved by a force that one can't see; the wind.

I'm not trying to convince anybody if anything of thats how i come off and if I do I apologize. I just like to talk about symbolism. symbolism happens to be the language program that's always existed.

Modern science tells us we are the same stuff stars are made of. Then our ancestors explain to us how they became stars themselves. People are gonna put these two items of info together sooner or later. If that's not evolution, than I don't know what to tell you.

That video was incredible... It makes me want to learn more about string theory...

That being said... the need for a creator still isn't justified in my eyes.

That video was incredible... It makes me want to learn more about string theory...

That being said... the need for a creator still isn't justified in my eyes.

@whiterails

Didn't know the world record was 200 tons, so in that case a modern day crane could lift the heaviest block.

But that still doesn't prove that modern man could reproduce the Great Pyramid. It just proves we can lift a whole lot of weight. What the Ancient Africans did was truly amazing and hopefully we can learn more about them and how they did such great things.

@whiterails

Didn't know the world record was 200 tons, so in that case a modern day crane could lift the heaviest block.

But that still doesn't prove that modern man could reproduce the Great Pyramid. It just proves we can lift a whole lot of weight. What the Ancient Africans did was truly amazing and hopefully we can learn more about them and how they did such great things.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

aten-akhenaten.jpg

The eye of Ra and aten disc are both the same object, but they carry out different functions and represent different periods. RA was basically the raw unhindered power and intensity aspect of the sun and the aten disc was about the life giving and nurturing adoration to the sun. They represent different regime changes in the political structure of kemet as well because the history of the aten disc was hidden and discovered on accident.

All the glyphs from aten( pharaoh akhen aten/ "Amarna Period") age were discovered as the rubbled and recycled building blocks for the later empirical dynasties buildings of khemet that wanted to erase that history and understanding of the sun from an age passed. There are dynasties of pharaohs that are erased from the kings list and the present day outlook on "egyptian" history is an approximation of what we have left as evidence. The Amen Priesthood is the last of Egypt and what most people identify as egyptian culture but it is much more. The Amen priesthood came to be when the golden age was on it's way out. King Tut was the son of Akhenaten and was originally known as Tut-Ankh-Aten. There is much mystery surrounding how the boy king actually died. All we are left with is Akhen-Aten being claimed a herratic and the name change from Tut-Ankh-Aten ( tut=image, ankh=life, aten= aten phase of the sun, at-one phase of the sun) to Tut-Ankh-Amen (Amen= hidden creation force) What actually happened to the dynasty is a mystery.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

aten-akhenaten.jpg

The eye of Ra and aten disc are both the same object, but they carry out different functions and represent different periods. RA was basically the raw unhindered power and intensity aspect of the sun and the aten disc was about the life giving and nurturing adoration to the sun. They represent different regime changes in the political structure of kemet as well because the history of the aten disc was hidden and discovered on accident.

All the glyphs from aten( pharaoh akhen aten/ "Amarna Period") age were discovered as the rubbled and recycled building blocks for the later empirical dynasties buildings of khemet that wanted to erase that history and understanding of the sun from an age passed. There are dynasties of pharaohs that are erased from the kings list and the present day outlook on "egyptian" history is an approximation of what we have left as evidence. The Amen Priesthood is the last of Egypt and what most people identify as egyptian culture but it is much more. The Amen priesthood came to be when the golden age was on it's way out. King Tut was the son of Akhenaten and was originally known as Tut-Ankh-Aten. There is much mystery surrounding how the boy king actually died. All we are left with is Akhen-Aten being claimed a herratic and the name change from Tut-Ankh-Aten ( tut=image, ankh=life, aten= aten phase of the sun, at-one phase of the sun) to Tut-Ankh-Amen (Amen= hidden creation force) What actually happened to the dynasty is a mystery.

First the max capacity of a tower crane is not 18 tons. I don't know the max exactly but I know for sure that there are tower cranes that can lift more than twice that amount.

Secondly, why do you specifically choose a tower crane? A bit disingenuous? If we were to recreate a pyramid, tower cranes wouldn't necessarily have to be used. There is a reason that tower cranes do not have much capacity as opposed to heavy lift cranes. It's not necessary for them as they mostly lift relatively light steel beams. 
As I've stated before, the heaviest capacity cranes can lift over 7000 tons. 

I'd never thought I'd have to argue that humanity is far more technologically advanced today then it was thousands of years ago.
laugh.gif

If you rely believe that we can't recreate an Egyptian pyramid then slap yourself once again. 

btw, more than 70% of Egyptian pyramids failed/collapsed (relatively) shortly after construction. How many modern skyscrapers did that? 

Back
Top Bottom