Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by wj4

Who else alternate when they go to the gym? I love going to the gym in the morning during the summer. Now, with the cold weather coming in...I find myself going to the gym at night again.
wj4 i cant take you serious

what you call cold over there in Cali is nothing to New England/Tri State area right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Man SoCal is the coldest place I've ever lived in my whole life. When it gets down to the 50s, you will see me in scarf, gloves, and 3-4 layers of clothes.
laugh.gif

I think it also has to do with the sun going down at 5PM or so. When I wake up in the morning now, I'm in no mood to go to the gym. But at 8-9PM, I have an itch to hit the gym.
laugh.gif

Wuss. a 50 degree day here in the fall/winter is like heaven. People are outside doing washing their cars, running and basically suntanning on 50 degree falldays. We dont get them too often.
laugh.gif

Just got back, today was back day. Felt real good, I'm really loving these dead lifts. Its a milestone for me but finally reached to 135lbs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Okay i havent seen pics in here in a while. These are before and after comparison pics of me from late September 2009 to now so roughly 1 month

Some background info
I am a former skinny dude who had high metabolism, height 6'2"
I was 150lbs in 2008 decided to start working out in June 2008, weight fluctuated horribly because of college and not eating enough
I had to sacrifice my abs for the weight gain, im currently trying to get them back though
I am roughly 176lbs now trying to get to 185lbs
I dont believe in using supplements and creatine in order to gain mass so i DONT use any of that stuff in this thread
Yes the last pic is angled different i am aware

Pics

what was your diet like when u gained the weight? im trying to gain weight myself but i've been eating like a pig for 2 weeks and havent gained any..

Originally Posted by wanksta23

damn...i know im late AS HELL, but for the first time i put on some headphones for my jog, and wow huge difference
laugh.gif

im the type of guy who loves to go out for a run, but with music it def made those 20-25 minutes go by with a quickness, and my speed was a lot faster.
If anyone doesn't use music while they jog, i suggest you give it a try
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Applie Pie tastes absolutely horrid. It's only tolerable when you mix it with gatorade or something else kind of sweet. On its own, it tastes like water and cinnamon.
Gatorade? really? i just don't see what made you think of mixing it with gatorade
laugh.gif

btw, i know you mentioned it tastes like cinnamon and water alone, but was this with plain water or milk?

Gatorade absorbs rapidly into your system. I used to always mix it post-workout with my whey protein to get a fast-digesting carb and a fast-digesting proteinif I wasn't using dextrose or something like that. I just got used to mixing gatorade with almost any flavor protein powder, even chocolate if I had to.

I was mixing the applie pie flavor protein with water when I first tried it and I hated it. Even the smell when you open up the tub is bad. I can'timagine it would taste better with milk. There was some hint of an apple flavor to it, but not much.

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

what was your diet like when u gained the weight? im trying to gain weight myself but i've been eating like a pig for 2 weeks and havent gained any..

Define "like a pig". Need height/weight too.

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

Originally Posted by Dakingii

You can eat all you want, but if you don't put enough stress on your muscles to grow, they won't. Try working harder when you'reexercising. Eat nutrient-rich foods, like nuts and dried fruit along with fresh fruit and vegetables. If that doesn't work, try drinking your calories;juice, smoothies, oils, etc.

good lookin out
pimp.gif

got a question...say i work out for an hour, (any body part) and the next time i do that same work out, i cut the breaks and what not and do it faster andinstead of finishing in an hour, i finish in 30 minutes...

is this healthy? or will it be a wasted workout?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by I3

Hey fellas how do I count the fish oil caps in terms of kcal?

Is it just 1g = 9kcal?

OD lol

0 calories.

Its a vitamin, no calories.
um no it's fat. so 1g wil have 9 cals.

Youre right. The $*$* was I thinking?

Originally Posted by I3

Is it just 1g = 9kcal?

OD lol

0 calories.

Awesome thanks. The packet says 2 3 daily.. is that too much? Im lowish carb atm, so im doing 1 in the morn and night.

Whats so good about fish oil and coconut oil? I heard there good for muscle building and weight loss respectively. Dont they have fats in them? I know theregood fats but arent no fats for weight loss> any fats?

Originally Posted by wanksta23

good lookin out
pimp.gif

got a question...say i work out for an hour, (any body part) and the next time i do that same work out, i cut the breaks and what not and do it faster and instead of finishing in an hour, i finish in 30 minutes...

is this healthy? or will it be a wasted workout?
I would say as long as you have correct form/technique, then a shorter workout is good. I try to have around 30sec between sets and around1-2mins for the next exercise. If the gym isn't busy i'll usually take 45mins for a workout and around 1hr for workout + ab days.

Cardio isnt included, damn I need to get some sprints in this week.. been lazy atm!

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Whats so good about fish oil and coconut oil? I heard there good for muscle building and weight loss respectively. Dont they have fats in them? I know there good fats but arent no fats for weight loss> any fats?

Not sure about coconut oil (is it an EFA?) But basically.. EFA - Essential Fatty Acids - are essential for Humans. They are good sources of fats, we need somegood fats for our immune system, general health etc.. numerous health benefits.

You NEED fats to LOSE fat. It sounds weird, but its true.

Fish Oil caps are just great convenience. There is also Flax Seed Oil - but im not too clear on the specific details, someone on here said it doesnt convertsomething effectively as Fish Oil.

Other EFAs are olive oils, nutbutters, nuts.. etc..

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Is it just 1g = 9kcal?

OD lol

0 calories.

Awesome thanks. The packet says 2 3 daily.. is that too much? Im lowish carb atm, so im doing 1 in the morn and night.

How much is each pill?

Originally Posted by I3

Whats so good about fish oil and coconut oil? I heard there good for muscle building and weight loss respectively. Dont they have fats in them? I know there good fats but arent no fats for weight loss> any fats?

Not sure about coconut oil (is it an EFA?) But basically.. EFA - Essential Fatty Acids - are essential for Humans. They are good sources of fats, we need some good fats for our immune system, general health etc.. numerous health benefits.

Fish Oil caps are just great convenience. There is also Flax Seed Oil - but im not too clear on the specific details, someone on here said it doesnt convert something effectively as Fish Oil.

Coconut oil has Mid-Chain Triglycerides despite it being a saturated fat. It's not bad and is actually better than some other unsaturated oilslike corn, soy, and canola oil. MCTs are used for energy by the body, so no worries about heart problems with it.
The body doesn't need dietary carbohydrates, but it does need dietary fats; the necessary fats are EFAs(Essenetial Fatty Acids). They have many, manyfunctions in the body and the body can't synthesize them, which is why they are needed. Rich sources of EFAs include flax, hemp, and walnuts. Some fishlike salmon have them too, but common catch is from polluted water with high mercury levels, etc. so you need to know where the fish comes from.

I believe that the human body is better adapted to a high fat diet that is rich in nuts, seeds, some fruit(in moderation) and vegetables along with some animalproducts(except meat). It's a surefire way to burn fat and experience good health. I don't believe that grains and flours are too healthy for the bodyand they shouldn't be the basis of a diet.

WJ4-Random question but does your friend with the RSX go to the la fitness in Northridge? I always see a red rsx on gold ce28s when I'm there.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Is it just 1g = 9kcal?

OD lol

0 calories.

How much is each pill?

Its like 1000mg fish oil, 180 DHA 120 EPA or something of the top of my head.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

WJ4-Random question but does your friend with the RSX go to the la fitness in Northridge? I always see a red rsx on gold ce28s when I'm there.
Yeah, he's always there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by I3

Not sure about coconut oil (is it an EFA?) But basically.. EFA - Essential Fatty Acids - are essential for Humans. They are good sources of fats, we need some good fats for our immune system, general health etc.. numerous health benefits.

Fish Oil caps are just great convenience. There is also Flax Seed Oil - but im not too clear on the specific details, someone on here said it doesnt convert something effectively as Fish Oil.

Coconut oil has Mid-Chain Triglycerides despite it being a saturated fat. It's not bad and is actually better than some other unsaturated oils like corn, soy, and canola oil. MCTs are used for energy by the body, so no worries about heart problems with it.
The body doesn't need dietary carbohydrates, but it does need dietary fats; the necessary fats are EFAs(Essenetial Fatty Acids). They have many, many functions in the body and the body can't synthesize them, which is why they are needed. Rich sources of EFAs include flax, hemp, and walnuts. Some fish like salmon have them too, but common catch is from polluted water with high mercury levels, etc. so you need to know where the fish comes from.

I believe that the human body is better adapted to a high fat diet that is rich in nuts, seeds, some fruit(in moderation) and vegetables along with some animal products(except meat). It's a surefire way to burn fat and experience good health. I don't believe that grains and flours are too healthy for the body and they shouldn't be the basis of a diet.
Too true. I've read many an article that states the carbohydrates aren't necessarily required. I want to try to experiment with thishigh fat plan, maybe eat more nuts and fats than carbs..

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Is it just 1g = 9kcal?

OD lol

0 calories.

How much is each pill?

Its like 1000mg fish oil, 180 DHA 120 EPA or something of the top of my head.

ive read various scientific articles of fish oil before i bought them and if thats the dosage in yours (same as mine) then you should be taking 3 at the veryleast daily. 4-5 is ideal though but nothing over 6. And coconut oil is a fat that will actually help burn other fat and give you numerous other hair,skin andanti bacterial benefits for whoever was asking. get an organic, non refiend coconut oil and take a teaspoon a day with a meal. you can even add it in yourprotein shake or smoothie in the morning or whatever.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Coconut oil has Mid-Chain Triglycerides despite it being a saturated fat. It's not bad and is actually better than some other unsaturated oils like corn, soy, and canola oil. MCTs are used for energy by the body, so no worries about heart problems with it.
The body doesn't need dietary carbohydrates, but it does need dietary fats; the necessary fats are EFAs(Essenetial Fatty Acids). They have many, many functions in the body and the body can't synthesize them, which is why they are needed. Rich sources of EFAs include flax, hemp, and walnuts. Some fish like salmon have them too, but common catch is from polluted water with high mercury levels, etc. so you need to know where the fish comes from.

I believe that the human body is better adapted to a high fat diet that is rich in nuts, seeds, some fruit(in moderation) and vegetables along with some animal products(except meat). It's a surefire way to burn fat and experience good health. I don't believe that grains and flours are too healthy for the body and they shouldn't be the basis of a diet.
Too true. I've read many an article that states the carbohydrates aren't necessarily required. I want to try to experiment with this high fat plan, maybe eat more nuts and fats than carbs..

crbs are a great source of enerygy though for people who go to the gym often, low carb diet is kinda like that keto business which i dont know alot about.

Get the liquid form of fish oil instead of the caps. Per serving it comes out cheaper.

For the same price you get almost double the servings usually.

Originally Posted by ussjme

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Too true. I've read many an article that states the carbohydrates aren't necessarily required. I want to try to experiment with this high fat plan, maybe eat more nuts and fats than carbs..
crbs are a great source of enerygy though for people who go to the gym often, low carb diet is kinda like that keto business which i dont know alot about.
yea, yankee you absolutely shouldn't cut all the fat out ofyour diet. you need a small amount of saturated fats and a good amount of EFAs to have keep a lot of cellular function going optimally. animal sources ofEFAs (DHEA and EPA) are the most potent, but you have to consider the source like nealraj was saying. if you do go this route, go with something molecularlyfiltered because you want to avoid mercury. krill (plankton) oil is supposed to be a good source (near the bottom of the food chain so they don'taccumulate mercury like predatory fish do), but more expensive and lower availability. plant sources, especially flax, are good (ALA) , but are converted toEPA at 5-10% and DHEA at 2.5-5%, so you need a lot more plant sources of EFAs to get an equivalent dose compared to animal sources.

generally, if you increase your fat intake, you should also increase your omega 3 EFA intake in proportion or greater.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Whoooaaaa. Carbs are incredibly necessary. You need both carbs and fats. One without the other means neither one works.

Back
Top Bottom