Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Working out feels soooo good 
pimp.gif

Hit the gym yesterday for the first time in a week and a half cause my local gym closed (gotta go to the next town over now), I love working out
happy.gif
pimp.gif

I saw this one dudes webpage/youtube videos
he had a beard... wore a hat backwards.. can't really describe it

anyways he had REALLY good info... how the hell can I find his site again! I'm pretty sure it was posted on here.
I think it was something gimmaky like "look good naked" or something... anyone know what I'm talking about?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

alright so when you say BCAA's are you talking about pill form/powder?  A couple pages back there were links that whey pre-workout might be more beneficial than post-workout.  I agree with you on the soy tip.
Would taking some BCAA's pre-workout help me out more than me just taking my 2:1 dextrose/ON natural whey post workout?

Are their any other supplements you think would aid me in strength training besides creatine?

Yeah, powder BCAA's are cheaper. There's lots of info out there on supplementation. There are countless supplements out there that can be useful if used properly. But, there's no point in supplementation if your diet isn't cleaned up. Do everything else right(sleep, stress, diet, exercise, recovery methods), then worry about the icing(supplementation). Zinc, magnesium, fish oil, amino acids, and many other supplements are useful at that point. It also depends on goals. Someone that just wants to look good naked doesn't *need* to take many supplements. A multivitamin and fish oil should suffice. Some people may need vitamin d or countless other nutrients. Supplementation is highly individual and there is no magical supplement. Someone that wants to be a world class athlete could benefit from more supplementation. I strongly recommend looking at the work of people like Charles Poliquin, Mel Stiff, and Mauro Di Pasquale for info on higher level supplementation.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

alright so when you say BCAA's are you talking about pill form/powder?  A couple pages back there were links that whey pre-workout might be more beneficial than post-workout.  I agree with you on the soy tip.
Would taking some BCAA's pre-workout help me out more than me just taking my 2:1 dextrose/ON natural whey post workout?

Are their any other supplements you think would aid me in strength training besides creatine?
Yeah, powder BCAA's are cheaper. There's lots of info out there on supplementation. There are countless supplements out there that can be useful if used properly. But, there's no point in supplementation if your diet isn't cleaned up. Do everything else right(sleep, stress, diet, exercise, recovery methods), then worry about the icing(supplementation). Zinc, magnesium, fish oil, amino acids, and many other supplements are useful at that point. It also depends on goals. Someone that just wants to look good naked doesn't *need* to take many supplements. A multivitamin and fish oil should suffice. Some people may need vitamin d or countless other nutrients. Supplementation is highly individual and there is no magical supplement. Someone that wants to be a world class athlete could benefit from more supplementation. I strongly recommend looking at the work of people like Charles Poliquin, Mel Stiff, and Mauro Di Pasquale for info on higher level supplementation.

Just my opinion but BCAA supplementation is not needed/worth it. It's one of those supps where it's purported benefits are all heresay. 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

100% of my calories are cheat calories

it must be cheating, because it's just so damn easy
pimp.gif

What do you cheat calories consist of?

Originally Posted by FOG

For those with no abs, check this..

Spoiler [+]
206085_10150468001125261_794030260_17819093_4263262_n.jpg

What the hell?.... 
roll.gif

I was in the gym yesterday and this older lady was doing leg press and i'm doing pull ups behind her. Then i was like what is that noise and i hear her moaning quietly. I heard women can get that with some exercises but i've never seen it. 
laugh.gif

Just got my mountain bike last Sunday ... Been riding around the city and it's been the best workout ive done in awhile ... Central park route is intense, and the riverside park is dope ... Riding to work for the morning commute instead of the subway ... Saving $ and getting in shape FTW

Originally Posted by BK201

pimp.gif

I eat whatever I want as long as I hit 3300cals per day.
Prior to a lift I will eat more "carbs", and after a lift I will eat more "fats", but all around I'm eating a good amount of protein.

I love pizza, fired rice, beer, bacon, bacon, bacon, donairs, etc.

pimp.gif

Prior to a lift I will eat more "carbs", and after a lift I will eat more "fats", but all around I'm eating a good amount of protein.

i feel bad for your heart

last weekend I binged for 3 nights straight friday, saturday, sunday. Weighed in 147.6lbs before the binge.  Weighed my self today and I weighed 147. Binged again tonight.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Just my opinion but BCAA supplementation is not needed/worth it. It's one of those supps where it's purported benefits are all heresay. 
Fair enough. It depends on loads of different factors, so I get where you're coming from. Some people won't benefit, others might. Some people don't take correct dosages, others do. It's all individual, so there's no absolute answer.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i feel bad for your heart

if i rem correctly brett.

didnt you say you dont eat until 2pm or something ?

Originally Posted by gatorad3

last weekend I binged for 3 nights straight friday, saturday, sunday. Weighed in 147.6lbs before the binge.  Weighed my self today and I weighed 147. Binged again tonight.
ohwell.gif

thats nothing man
laugh.gif

when i drink heavily friday and saturday and weigh my self sunday i typically lose 10 lbs
laugh.gif

Im about 5 ft 8 inches and weigh in about 210...Since the beginning of the year i vowed to get in shape and eat good and lose some weight. 

I used to weigh about 220lbs but lost 10lbs since I have been going to the park just about every day (sometimes every other day

to rest my legs) to run and walk and do burpees at home. I have also been doing squats with 60lbs on the barbell. I have thick thighs..
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 just picked up some

Levi 559 relaxed/straight fit jeans in a 36x32 and found that my waist is getting smaller..and seems that my legs are getting more muscular but still

a bit on the tree trunk status..
grin.gif

Any other good exercises for my legs to lose the fat/thickness and slim them down? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

ohwell.gif

thats nothing man
laugh.gif

when i drink heavily friday and saturday and weigh my self sunday i typically lose 10 lbs
laugh.gif

Dehydration...don't be fooled.

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

Im about 5 ft 8 inches and weigh in about 210...Since the beginning of the year i vowed to get in shape and eat good and lose some weight. 

I used to weigh about 220lbs but lost 10lbs since I have been going to the park just about every day (sometimes every other day

to rest my legs) to run and walk and do burpees at home. I have also been doing squats with 60lbs on the barbell. I have thick thighs..
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 just picked up some

Levi 559 relaxed/straight fit jeans in a 36x32 and found that my waist is getting smaller..and seems that my legs are getting more muscular but still

grin.gif

Any other good exercises for my legs to lose the fat/thickness and slim them down? 
ohwell.gif

you cant spot reduce

when you lose fat, your body will decide where the fat will come from.

just keep at it, eventually everything will tone out

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by youngmoney

ohwell.gif

thats nothing man
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Dehydration...don't be fooled.

not binge drinking. But binge eating like 5000-4000 calories.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Started up EC last week in hopes of hitting 8% BF by June and the appetite suppressant effects + energy while working out is once again working on me. I had just one meal all day and then when I sat down to eat my dinner I couldnt even stomach my vegetables. It's pretty crazy how I'm getting better workouts on low calories with EC then I get with normal/high calories without EC.

To the people who have asked questions about it, make sure to do some thorough research before you start using it. Start off very slow and you shouldnt hit the standard 3 tablets x3 a day until several weeks after you've begun using it. The stuff is very effective and relatively safe but you run into trouble when you take too much right off the bat or when you take more than you need and your body doesnt respond to it anymore after a few weeks.
I've been looking into this EC stack, and I was wondering what kind of cardio you do with it.  I have read that HIIT is not good when on this stack.  But a lot of my cardio routines are HIIT or just things that have my heart rate fluctuating a lot.  Mainly because it keeps my mind busy.  Am I limited to a steady jog or walk uphill?

Also, I have read a few different places and products to get this stack, but which products did you use and where did you cop from?

2q3582v.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Me on saturday doing a Crossfit Wod for our box 1st annual in-house games...[/color]

Originally Posted by SCOfoshO

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Started up EC last week in hopes of hitting 8% BF by June and the appetite suppressant effects + energy while working out is once again working on me. I had just one meal all day and then when I sat down to eat my dinner I couldnt even stomach my vegetables. It's pretty crazy how I'm getting better workouts on low calories with EC then I get with normal/high calories without EC.

To the people who have asked questions about it, make sure to do some thorough research before you start using it. Start off very slow and you shouldnt hit the standard 3 tablets x3 a day until several weeks after you've begun using it. The stuff is very effective and relatively safe but you run into trouble when you take too much right off the bat or when you take more than you need and your body doesnt respond to it anymore after a few weeks.
I've been looking into this EC stack, and I was wondering what kind of cardio you do with it.  I have read that HIIT is not good when on this stack.  But a lot of my cardio routines are HIIT or just things that have my heart rate fluctuating a lot.  Mainly because it keeps my mind busy.  Am I limited to a steady jog or walk uphill?

Also, I have read a few different places and products to get this stack, but which products did you use and where did you cop from?

I jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes, i dont go past 5.5 mph. I wouldn't recommend doing HIIT, your heartrate will be all over the place.

Bronkaid from Rite Aid and regular ol Caffeine pills.

JordanDon, GJ man.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks Fade on you [/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seeing this is Niketalk, and we all came here cause of the nikes as a kid...I've seen a lot of Olympic lifting talk, and weight lifting shoe talk recently in here...so here is a link for some Nike's coming out next month, kinda pricey though...[/color]

Weight Lifting Shoes

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 just picked up some

grin.gif

ohwell.gif

you cant spot reduce

when you lose fat, your body will decide where the fat will come from.

just keep at it, eventually everything will tone out

Your totally right. I'll just keep at it and stick with this diet i got going on 

Back
Top Bottom