Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by hotshots24

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by hotshots24

in 2010 i was 210 pounds and was in the worst shape of my life 
eyes.gif
 finally decided i needed to change everything around me, started to eat healthy and smart again and started weight training, and playing alot of basketball. Now im down to 170 and currently trying to get to 160 and being able to squat at least 320, do you guys believe you can gain strength on a calorie deficit? not really muscle size, just strength, thanks! 
2eywfwl.png

It's very possible. You just need to train in a specific way. 
would a typical 5x5 program be fine?

5 x 5 would be part of the program. Also, doubles and triples. Lots of speed work as well. 
It's def possible. 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Can't write in th 1st one foir some reason.

She trains with Kendrick Farris. The top 85 kg lifter in the US. Look at those thighs int eh 2nd vid. 
eek.gif
DAH FFFU???
How much was she squatting????

Thanks for clearing that up... I've been hanging around the BB forums too much. Ive never had a clear indication of what to do, always just trusting people who lift heavy $!## 
laugh.gif

So, as far as squatting. I'm not really looking to build BIGGER legs, I just want to be stronger. What "style" of squat should I be doing and can you show a video?

Also, for bench press... obviously for pec development I shouldn't be doing power lifting style (which I have been)... that's obviously why I have no chest... can someone post a vid on how to bench of muscle development? 

She was squatting 297 in that vid.
Just go with the oly squat. 

Here's a vid of chinese lifters at the Arnold. The Chinese squat a little bit diff in that they're taught to emphasize the negative (slow on the descent) and then push real hard from the bottom. It builds more static strength. Traditional oly squatting emphasized the bounce at the bottom to generate speed out of the hole. You can experiment; do both or pick one style. Both are good. 

Originally Posted by SCOfoshO

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I've been looking into this EC stack, and I was wondering what kind of cardio you do with it.  I have read that HIIT is not good when on this stack.  But a lot of my cardio routines are HIIT or just things that have my heart rate fluctuating a lot.  Mainly because it keeps my mind busy.  Am I limited to a steady jog or walk uphill?

Also, I have read a few different places and products to get this stack, but which products did you use and where did you cop from?

I jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes, i dont go past 5.5 mph. I wouldn't recommend doing HIIT, your heartrate will be all over the place.

Bronkaid from Rite Aid and regular ol Caffeine pills.

JordanDon, GJ man.

thanks a lot, the info is appreciated.  When you went on the stack, what was your starting dosage, and what did you end with? I have read to start with half dose of each, but all the caffeine pills I have had are in capsule form
laugh.gif

No prob bro. Yeah you gotta work your way up to the full dose. Alot of people dont do this and want to take shortcuts and that's when they gets themselves into health issues and problems. If your going to run a cycle of this, do it right and as safe as possible. Your first dose you want to start off with .5e and .5c. Half a bronkaid and half a caffeine, one time that day, to see If you can tolerate the e. Next 2 days .5e .5c 3x a day 4hrs Apart. Next 3 days 1e 1c 1x and .5e .5c next 2 doses those days. Then for a week 1e 1c 2x and .5e .5c 1x. The remainder of the cycle 1e 1c 3x a day. Don't go past 8 weeks and get the caffeine in tablets so you can split them...you can get even store brand no doz for like 6 bucks. Just make sure it's 200mg.

^^^ That lady was putting in work on the squats up there 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Got my stuff in, starting tomorrow...

4uigsz.jpg

Originally Posted by rhester

^^^ That lady was putting in work on the squats up there 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Got my stuff in, starting tomorrow...

4uigsz.jpg
Good luck with the EC 
pimp.gif
 Pick up some EGCG tablets too

Anyone ever use thermogenic fat burners?
Im looking at OxyElite Pro (stimulants) or Driven Sports Lean Xtreme (no stimulants).

Im leaning towards the Lean Xtreme simply cause I dont like the jittery/heart beating faster sensation. I do think ill be able to handle OxyElite Pro, or any stimulant based fat burner. Its only green tea, caffeine and other light stimulants.

Side effects? Do they work?

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Started up EC last week in hopes of hitting 8% BF by June and the appetite suppressant effects + energy while working out is once again working on me. I had just one meal all day and then when I sat down to eat my dinner I couldnt even stomach my vegetables. It's pretty crazy how I'm getting better workouts on low calories with EC then I get with normal/high calories without EC.

To the people who have asked questions about it, make sure to do some thorough research before you start using it. Start off very slow and you shouldnt hit the standard 3 tablets x3 a day until several weeks after you've begun using it. The stuff is very effective and relatively safe but you run into trouble when you take too much right off the bat or when you take more than you need and your body doesnt respond to it anymore after a few weeks.
I've been looking into this EC stack, and I was wondering what kind of cardio you do with it.  I have read that HIIT is not good when on this stack.  But a lot of my cardio routines are HIIT or just things that have my heart rate fluctuating a lot.  Mainly because it keeps my mind busy.  Am I limited to a steady jog or walk uphill?

Also, I have read a few different places and products to get this stack, but which products did you use and where did you cop from?

I jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes, i dont go past 5.5 mph. I wouldn't recommend doing HIIT, your heartrate will be all over the place.     
laugh.gif
I have still been doing HIIT while on my EC...... If I stop posting, its probably cuz I am dead
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by w0odTactics

Anyone hear of or tried Hemorage?

I've tried it. Worked great at first but effects started to die down after a couple of weeks. Still one of the better ones for me though.

hotshots, gaining strength on a deficit is definitely possible however you will have to be patient and train smartly. What I mean by training smartly is that you'll need to keep volume down since your recovery will be slightly compromised due to the calorie deficit you'll be in. Dont workout like a bodybuilder where you do a ton of reps per muscle group...like wawa said, keep the reps low and the weight high if your primary objective is to gain strength on a cut.

No prob bro. Yeah you gotta work your way up to the full dose. Alot of people dont do this and want to take shortcuts and that's when they gets themselves into health issues and problems. If your going to run a cycle of this, do it right and as safe as possible. Your first dose you want to start off with .5e and .5c. Half a bronkaid and half a caffeine, one time that day, to see If you can tolerate the e. Next 2 days .5e .5c 3x a day 4hrs Apart. Next 3 days 1e 1c 1x and .5e .5c next 2 doses those days. Then for a week 1e 1c 2x and .5e .5c 1x. The remainder of the cycle 1e 1c 3x a day. Don't go past 8 weeks and get the caffeine in tablets so you can split them...you can get even store brand no doz for like 6 bucks. Just make sure it's 200mg.

You can take ephedrine for an indefinite period of time and it'll still be as effective a thermogenic as it was when you first started it. The appetite suppressant and stimulant effects wear off after 1-2 months however the metabolic benefits remain for long after that.

As for HIIT on EC, dont do it unless you want to die. If you want to do HIIT then you can do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or you can eat breakfast and then do HIIT and then take your first EC dose of the day afterwards. Another thing you could do is delay EC until after you've completed HIIT for the day. Doing HIIT after taking EC is a very risky thing to do. If you want energy prior to doing HIIT then you could take a caffeine pill or drink a coffee but taking ephedrine before hand is not recommended at all.

I cant emphasize enough how important it is to spend time reading about EC before taking it. It seems like some people here are taking it without having done their homework.

BTW, how you gonna post a pic of EC with a box of chocolate granola bars behind it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]Weight Lifting Shoes

I've been waiting on another run of the Romaleos, although I'd prefer these:
romaleos-420x420.jpg

I don't think I'll be able to pass up on the all black though. 

Even though I have my issues with Crossfit, there are plenty of good things to take away from it. Keep the elbows parallel to the floor and you'll drive through the front squat much harder.  How long have you been at crossfit? 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yea man, those all blacks look too nice, now i wanna get rid of my white pair and cop those....[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yea i know bout keeping elbows parallel to the floor when doing front squats, but in that picture i was doing a excercise called the Bear complex, i dunno if you have ever heard of it before...Yea its a hit or miss with Crossfit to people, its the enviorment what makes it special to me...I been doing it on and off for like year 3 months now...[/color]

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Im looking at OxyElite Pro (stimulants) or Driven Sports Lean Xtreme (no stimulants).

Im leaning towards the Lean Xtreme simply cause I dont like the jittery/heart beating faster sensation. I do think ill be able to handle OxyElite Pro, or any stimulant based fat burner. Its only green tea, caffeine and other light stimulants.

I didn't like OxyElite at all. Saw all the good reviews and tried it...didn't give me really any energy and even with diet/exercise I didn't notice a fat loss I felt came from that.

That being said...now that beach season is right around the corner I wanted a little extra push with cutting. Picked up Roxy Lean ECA by BPI and so far it's working great. I was hesitant because the reviews were either really good or really bad...but the energy is nice and smooth so far. Supposed to be the next best thing to ECA stack and it's half the price of Oxy

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

i picked up oxyelite this weekend. my trainer originally suggested that i use meltdown...gnc man talked me into OEP. im only on my second day...i dont work out until 5 or 6 so yesterday it wasnt like i went all hard in the gym...i just did 40 mins of cardio between biking, rowing, treadmill, and elliptical. ive picked up muscle mass because i was doing weight training three days and cardio two days. i am going to reverse those because i dont want to bulk up. gnc man said oep was better because it doesnt take away from your muscles. on my first day of OEP i was not hungry at all...i forced myself to eat because im on a diet anyways. Good luck
smile.gif
i will post my results/journey if you are interested.

^
For both you guys, how was the jittery-ness and did you feel a large increase in your heart beat?

Thats the main thing im concerned about because I tend to not like that feeling.

Yesterday...yes...i was bouncing off the walls at work. Today not so much. It really wasnt that bad. However different bodies react differently.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]Weight Lifting Shoes

romaleos-420x420.jpg

Even though I have my issues with Crossfit, there are plenty of good things to take away from it. Keep the elbows parallel to the floor and you'll drive through the front squat much harder.  How long have you been at crossfit? 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yea man, those all blacks look too nice, now i wanna get rid of my white pair and cop those....[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yea i know bout keeping elbows parallel to the floor when doing front squats, but in that picture i was doing a excercise called the Bear complex, i dunno if you have ever heard of it before...Yea its a hit or miss with Crossfit to people, its the enviorment what makes it special to me...I been doing it on and off for like year 3 months now...[/color]

never seen these before
they only availble from that website??

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by proper english

does anyone here mix long distance running w/ bodybuilding?.. is it counter productive to run 8k twice a week?

Yea probably not a good idea.  But thats me.

counter productive.
you will be burning alot of muscle.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

romaleos-420x420.jpg

never seen these before
they only availble from that website??
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]They seem to be the only ones that have been able to pull strings with Nike, and get different colorways of this certain shoe...Cause this was "discontinued" after the 08 olympics supposedly....What size are u??[/color]

Started off my EC stack cycle yesterday.

I mistakenly took 1 full caffiene instead of .5 like was recommend on the first day. I immediately felt really hyper and felt jitteriness but it wasn't that bad and didn't last hat long.

I'm going on a 6 week cycle and see how it goes compared to the regular HIIT and super strict diet that I was on when I was at my leanest.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Wawa is right powerlifting square are a joke. do them oly style!!

what do you mean by square? you talking about feet being straight foward when squatting, instead of flaring out a bit?
anyways, new Maxes this week. 

Squat up 35 pounds from 315 6 weeks ago. 

My Clean is now 240 after being at 195 a month and a half ago. 

Benching tomorrow, hoping for at least a 10 pound improvement. 

Alot of my workouts have been counter productive lately...........is there any way i can just lose fat and maintain my muscle for now

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Alot of my workouts have been counter productive lately...........is there any way i can just lose fat and maintain my muscle for now

high intensity supersets. 
rest period of 90sec in between sets. 

Back
Top Bottom