Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Alot of my workouts have been counter productive lately...........is there any way i can just lose fat and maintain my muscle for now

Counter productive?  How?

I liked low-rep and heavy sets to maintain muscle, while killing fat.

Remember...fat loss starts in the kitchen.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Wawa is right powerlifting square are a joke. do them oly style!!

what do you mean by square? you talking about feet being straight foward when squatting, instead of flaring out a bit?
anyways, new Maxes this week. 

Squat up 35 pounds from 315 6 weeks ago. 

My Clean is now 240 after being at 195 a month and a half ago. 

Benching tomorrow, hoping for at least a 10 pound improvement. 

lol sorry that was my bad iphone typing
it meant "powerlifting squats are a joke"

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by proper english

does anyone here mix long distance running w/ bodybuilding?.. is it counter productive to run 8k twice a week?

Yea probably not a good idea.  But thats me.

counter productive.
you will be burning alot of muscle.

What's are better alternatives to burn fat? In terms of cardio and such? I've been running 9miles a week for a while now.

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by bwood056

counter productive.
you will be burning alot of muscle.

What's are better alternatives to burn fat? In terms of cardio and such? I've been running 9miles a week for a while now.
You could always do an HIIT program.
Is there really a big difference between GNC 100% Whey and ON Gold Standard whey? I have both, im taking the ON more now, but I also might as well finish the GNC brand. The ingredients are very similar, both have WPI which ive read is one of the more important ingredient. I also have GNC casein. Should I ditch it and just grab some ON casein?

Any good HIIT programs for beginners? The only one I know is sprint jog sprint.
You can start low intensity and work yourself up. Example start 20/40 sec of sprint/jog. Then as you get more in shape, do 30/30, 40/20, etc.

Any good HIIT programs for beginners? The only one I know is sprint jog sprint.
Sprint walk Sprint.
Please understand that  DIET is the main ingredient to losing fat.  

You can do HIIT all you want....but if you don't clean up your diet first and foremost, you are not getting anywhere.  I see a lot of people here talking about "alternatives" to burning fat, or "more effective" ways to burn fat.

75% diet...20% weights...5% cardio   to burn fat.

SRS.

does anyone here mix long distance running w/ bodybuilding?.. is it counter productive to run 8k twice a week?

wrong choice of words on my part.. im not looking to gain a great amount of mass..  will running take away any definition? 

wrong choice of words on my part.. im not looking to gain a great amount of mass..  will running take away any definition? 
There's Lance Armstrong definition and there's Adrian Peterson definition.
Long distance running will make you cut, but you won't have a ton of mass...so you'll get Lance Armstrong cut, if everything else is on point (diet, rest, etc)

Thanks for the advice NT.
pimp.gif

is nutella bad for you...my breakfast varies between...low calorie oatmeal and a banana, half honey wheat english muffin with nutella and a banana with egg whites or that without the egg whites.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

is nutella bad for you...my breakfast varies between...low calorie oatmeal and a banana, half honey wheat english muffin with nutella and a banana with egg whites or that without the egg whites.

I don't really know the ingredients for Nutella, so I'm not so sure about its "healthiness."

I'd think it to be like Natural Peanut Butter, good in moderation, simply because nuts have a very high fat content.

Your breakfast is too carby for me though.  

I don't really know the ingredients for Nutella, so I'm not so sure about its "healthiness."

I'd think it to be like Natural Peanut Butter, good in moderation, simply because nuts have a very high fat content.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Almond butter>>>>[/color]

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Almond butter>>>>[/color]
^This

Nutella is a lot more processed than nut butters. Too much sugar, not enough hazelnuts. If you want a nut butter, go with almond butter.

laugh.gif
long distance running wont effect on your muscle mass unless your caloric deficit is insane.running an 8k won't hinder any gains

Originally Posted by emulov

laugh.gif
long distance running wont effect on your muscle mass unless your caloric deficit is insane.running an 8k won't hinder any gains

false.

"Long distance running is aerobic exercise (used by athletes in endurance sports) because it engages slow twitch muscle fibers(the endurance fibers) that may produce power for more time but they are much less stronger.

If someone runs long distance slow muscle fibers are trained and fast twitch muscle fibers start to become slow. As a result, less fast twitch muscle fibers=less explosiveness and power."

[url=http://en.allexperts.com/q/Strength-Training-3320/effect-long-distance-running.htm]http://en.allexperts.com/...ong-distance-running.htm[/url]

Can you strain your lower back from seated cable rows?

It might be that I had a great back workout yesterday, but my lower back isnt sore, it just has a dull pain. My upper back is sore, feels great. I also was passing gas like a *%(% at the gym.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Can you strain your lower back from seated cable rows?

It might be that I had a great back workout yesterday, but my lower back isnt sore, it just has a dull pain. My upper back is sore, feels great. I also was passing gas like a *%(%&# at the gym.

You can if you lean forward when lowering the weight via cable and then lean back while pulling the weight.  If you keep your back sturdy/upright throughout the movement, I don't see how you could.

Back
Top Bottom